Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC6 Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
280 replies to this topic

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
You know I never thought about myself and thought there was something familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for that find.

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests

I thought Estovakia was Fascist?

Naa, the stupid hat Voyachek wears is the same type as the Chinese, North Korean, Russian, fmr USSR/Warsaw Pact officer's hats. The hats have a ridiculusly big top to them.

Sorry about this, Mike, but I figured that this didn't warrent a new topic given that it would only produce four or five posts.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts

Naa, the stupid hat Voyachek wears is the same type as the Chinese, North Korean, Russian, fmr USSR/Warsaw Pact officer's hats. The hats have a ridiculusly big top to them.

Yes, of course that's a commie-only hat:
http://upload.wikime...ambled_Eggs.jpg

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests

Yes, of course that's a commie-only hat:
http://upload.wikime...ambled_Eggs.jpg

It is when Army or Airforce officers wear them!. And they're larger on top than those, I think. But now I see what Mike was getting at.

Solo_Wing_Pixy

Solo_Wing_Pixy

Rookie

• Members
  • 44 posts
I thought AC 5 would end the series but No...! Namco just had to create AC 6! :lol: NAMCO!

Edited by Solo_Wing_Pixy, 22 November 2007 - 11:56 PM.

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests

I thought AC 5 would end the series but No...! Namco just had to create AC 6! :lol: NAMCO!

Continuing the series was a bad thing? :blink:

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
One last time people.....PLEASE!!!!.... can we just stick to the Easter Egg finds other than ones related to real world politics or what not. This is the last time I will ask.

Seraph 5

Seraph 5

Gliding on blessed wings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

I thought AC 5 would end the series but No...! Namco just had to create AC 6! <_< NAMCO!

Do you know about AC Zero and X...?

I went cruising today in Silvat and became quite the tourist when I spotted the ruins of an aqueduct! Seeing that was so surprising! :o :D

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
That arrow on Stovie and Emmerian carriers' runways is only on French CVs, oddly enough; that seemed a bit random to me.

And some paint scheme stuff:

F-16C EM - USAF
F-16C SP - Iowa ANG, "Pride of Siouxland"

A-10A EM - USAF low-viz
A-10A ES - USAF woodland
A-10A SP - Experimental USAF Arctic scheme

F/A-18F EM - VFA-14 Tophatters
F/A-18F SP - NASA paint scheme

F-15E EM - USAF
F-15E ES - F-15E prototype; also almost identical to the F/A-16C scheme
F-15E SP - I'm pretty sure it's a JASDF F-15J scheme; I'll look into it more

F-2A EM - JASDF
F-2A SP - Blue Impulse (w/ color changes)

F-14D EM - VF-154 Black Knights
F-14D ES - NSAWC aggressor
F-14D SP - Tomcat 21 paint scheme

F-117A EM - USAF experimental day scheme
F-117A ES - USAF standard scheme
F-117A EP - USAF experimental day (desert) scheme

Rafale M EM - French Navy standard scheme
Rafale M ES - Rafale M prototype scheme
Rafale M SP - Rafale A prototype scheme

SOC

SOC

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
The F-117A SP paint scheme is the original paint scheme applied to the first flying prototype. It was thought that the ugly colors and the random application would hide the aircraft's shape from overhead imaging by Soviet satellites.

The Rafale M ES paint scheme was also found on the Rafale C prototype.

Also, the Su-33 SP paint scheme is the paint job applied to Su-27 and Su-30 FLANKERs flown by the Test Pilots display team in Russia.

The heavy cruiser Marigold is a Kirov-class CGN from the Russian Navy, I thought that was pretty amusing.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
Yeah, the ships this time are:

Carrier: Nimitz
Cruiser: Kirov
Aegis: Ticonderoga
Destroyer: Cassard

Kind of a weird mix; French, Russian, and American on both sides.

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests
No, there are some destroyers. I want to say they were Kongos, but they don't have Aeigis. The Japanese have a lot of ships that have a very Burkelike appearance, however. (Only one of which is actually a Burke design)

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
The ships called destroyers in-game are only French Cassard class FFGs. The only ships in-game with Aegis radar are the Ticonderoga class CGs (appropriately called "Aegis" in-game).

This is actually the first Ace Combat since 3 without a Japanese ship. 04, 5, Zero, and X had the Hatakaze class DDG and 5 and Zero had the Kongo class DDG. Even Air Combat had a Kongo in one of its missions.

Strangely enough, the obscure Cassard class FFG has been in AC04, AC5, ACZ, ACX, and now AC6. The Tico has, as well, but that's a more well known class and makes sense.

F-14 Ace

F-14 Ace

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
1. Did anyone notice that the Aigion looked similar to the XR-900 and the X-49 Night Raven from AC3? (mostly the XR-900)

2. One of the crates in the Ragno Fortress canyon level had the General Resources logo on it.

3. I agre about the Galm 1 comment. I thought I heard it too. I'll have to play the mission again and check it out.

4. I think Estovokia is based on Czechoslovakia.

5. In the briefing for the final mision, they say that making anti asteroid weaponry was banned because of the possibility of using it as a weapon of war. Could this have been partly because of what happened with Stonehenge and Megalith?

6. The canyon in Ragno Fortress looked very similar to the canyons in Faith Park in AC4.

7. Ragno Fortress looked very similar to the fortress in AC5.

8. This isn't really an easter egg but I thought it would be intresting to point out. The canyon you fly through in the WMD mission looks a lot like the New River Gorge in West Virginia. In fact, some of the arch bridges spanning it look like the New River Gorge Bridge.
http://en.wikipedia....gorgebridge.jpg

9. The Estovakia flag looks very similar to the Yuktobania flag. It even has the same colors only it has a birg instead of a stag.

10. In one of the missions (I forgot which one), there was an enemy named Otto 5. In the first mission of ACZ, Otto 5 was the bomber that fled the battle because of IFF problems.

Edited by F-14 Ace, 24 November 2007 - 09:37 PM.

Guest_Delta_*

Guest_Delta_*
  • Guests
Dunno if this really counts, but;

Some of the music in AC6 sound like remixes or revamps of pieces from AC's 4, 5 and Zero. Take a listen to them, you might notice.

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
I've noticed that myself as well. Still I enjoy listening to AC6s BGM.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
If you select the F-14 Estovakia paint scheme in the hangar, it'll say 'Emmeria' above the box and not 'Estovakia'.

Galm99

Galm99

The One And Only

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

If you select the F-14 Estovakia paint scheme in the hangar, it'll say 'Emmeria' above the box and not 'Estovakia'.

i noticed that its probally not a easter egg but a typing error lol

Guest_sonofabandit_*

Guest_sonofabandit_*
  • Guests

The heavy cruiser Marigold is a Kirov-class CGN from the Russian Navy, I thought that was pretty amusing.

Yeah, didn't they westernize the colors on the Marigold a bit? I don't remember the ship having those brown decks found on Soviet ships.

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests
First, I have definatly heard "MOBIUS, cover me, I'm gonna strike while decending" and something with the phrase "GALM 1" but both were definatly not from the other games.

Second, If you fly near the barrel's opening as the Stauros fires, it will hit you, or if you're on its path. If you're close to where the Stauros is (very close, but not hit) the turbulance from the thing kills ya.

Oh, and the Marigold had tanish-brownish decks, but not the Soviet brown which is darker.

Oh, and I hate to burst everyone's bubble but Snake Pit is NOT the AWACs. Snake Pit is a dark gray E767. AWACS, as can be seen in the little window in the right hand corner, is white. Also, we can hear SNAKE PIT and AWACS communicating over the radio. Given the fact that Snake Pit-Friendly communications are between the flight crew of the jet, and that in Ace Combat the person in the back seat of jets or any other passenger doesn't even exist unless they're critical to the story, it seems unlikely they are the same plane.

Edited by Mobius 22, 02 December 2007 - 03:38 PM.