Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC6 Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
280 replies to this topic

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
Okay, I'm gonna need some other people to try to confirm something in Mission 15- one line of the enemy "background chatter" sounds a heckuvalot like "Galm 1, if you shoot him down, you'll get ten times your normal pay." At first, I thought I was just hearing things, but I saw a couple posts on GFAQs that agree with what I think I heard...

Also, I'm not sure if anyone's posted this here in another thread yet, and I haven't been able to test it out, but apparently, while in the "View Aircraft" mode in the hanger, you can change to cockpit view by clicking one of the thumbsticks.

Edited by Tempest, 06 November 2007 - 01:23 PM.

Futeki

Futeki

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Online Co-Op mission #1 if you fly near the airport and look down at the beach below it you will see something written in the sand.

Spoiler

Edited by Futeki, 08 November 2007 - 04:02 AM.

Seraph 5

Seraph 5

Gliding on blessed wings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Okay, I'm gonna need some other people to try to confirm something in Mission 15- one line of the enemy "background chatter" sounds a heckuvalot like "Galm 1, if you shoot him down, you'll get ten times your normal pay." At first, I thought I was just hearing things, but I saw a couple posts on GFAQs that agree with what I think I heard...
Also, I'm not sure if anyone's posted this here in another thread yet, and I haven't been able to test it out, but apparently, while in the "View Aircraft" mode in the hanger, you can change to cockpit view by clicking one of the thumbsticks.

You're quite right Tempest, you can click the right thumbstick and change to cockpit mode. Did you know pushing the accelerate/decelerate buttons or moving the left thumbstick makes the aircraft's nozzles/flaps/slats/etc. move as they would in the air? <_<

And I remember hearing something similar to "Galm 1" too in some mission.

Oh yeah, also the song that plays during your fight with Pasternak is called "Malebolge." This is the eighth level of hell.

Edited by Seraph 5, 07 November 2007 - 07:24 PM.

Guest_Liberator13th_*

Guest_Liberator13th_*
  • Guests
Anyone notice the capital in Grace looks like big ben. Sry if it's already been said.

Guest_Basselisk_*

Guest_Basselisk_*
  • Guests
i might have hearing things (had a marathon of ac games today heh) but in the 15th mission theres some background chatter talking about "Mobius 1" not sure if its there or just my head heh

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts

i might have hearing things (had a marathon of ac games today heh) but in the 15th mission theres some background chatter talking about "Mobius 1" not sure if its there or just my head heh

Nah, it's not just in your head. A number of people have reported hearing background dialog that mentions Mobius 1, as well as some lines referencing Galm 1.

Guest_Blak110_*

Guest_Blak110_*
  • Guests

And just how exactly would you know what the Nellis Range looks like?

Cuz I was in Vegas this summer. Plus, a little thing called Air Force Magazine?

mobius011

mobius011

Rookie

• Members
  • 26 posts
Wow. Very nice finds. I never would've thought to look for that kind of detail!

Zadkiel

Zadkiel

Captain Troy Handsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
I thought I heard Mobius mentioned in 15 as well. Nothing directly saying mobius 1. Just

"Mobius, back me up on a run" or something similair. Although I dunno if it were referring to the mobius's from AC4, seeing as it really isnt relating to any of the other countries in the AC world.

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
Posted Image

Modify the San Diego Bay area and bit and you got yourself San Loma. Even the light house is there to the bay entrance as well. And can make out both North Island NAS and San Diego International Airport in the game as well.

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
Correct me if I am wrong in my view here. Does it seem to those who have played AC3 ,that Pasternak's UAVs look a little like the R-103 Delphinus III? They do to me, but then I could be wrong.

Guest_Blak110_*

Guest_Blak110_*
  • Guests
Well, the UAVs have a more pointed and angular look than the Delphinus, but I see your point.

CanyonSurfer

CanyonSurfer

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
While I was playing online, I noticed that on the Selumna Peak map, there was a statue of some sort on the ground. Looked kind of like a statue of a monk or maybe a buddha statue. It was only a quick look, and I haven't taken the time to find it again. Really couldn't take the time to look again online as a I was running from a missle. Someone please confirm.

Edited by CanyonSurferElite, 19 November 2007 - 09:58 AM.

Guest_Mobius 22_*

Guest_Mobius 22_*
  • Guests
Could it be that Emmeria is Great Britian, not the US? I mean, a king (or atleast there used to be one), problems with commies (Estovakia), and Challenger IIs. Estovakia may not be the USSR, either. Rather, they could be a Yuke sattelite state (Kinda, I mean, they don't share borders...). Also, what appears to be the most powerful nation in the game, Osea, seems to parallel the US better than Emmeria. And Yuktobania is the USSR as Nikanor used the term "Union of Yuktobanian Republics".

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
Estovakia is mostly Balkan/Greek. Among the Greek references are the writing on the Rafale's tail; Pallas, Aigaion, Kottos, and Gyges; Stauros.

Ribbon-Blue

Ribbon-Blue

(」・ω・)」!(/・ω・)/!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
Press start in the aircraft viewing mode and the bay doors will open, if you have an F-22A, Su-47, CFA-44 or F-117.

SEG-CISR

SEG-CISR

Perpetually Hungry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Could it be that Emmeria is Great Britian, not the US? I mean, a king (or atleast there used to be one), problems with commies (Estovakia), and Challenger IIs. Estovakia may not be the USSR, either. Rather, they could be a Yuke sattelite state (Kinda, I mean, they don't share borders...). Also, what appears to be the most powerful nation in the game, Osea, seems to parallel the US better than Emmeria. And Yuktobania is the USSR as Nikanor used the term "Union of Yuktobanian Republics".

I thought Estovakia was Fascist?

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
Estovakia's economic system is never mentioned, so I don't see why they'd be communist; I dunno about Fascist either (especially since Fascism's definition has basically become "any government that I don't like" in the last few decades), they're just ruled by a military regime.

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
Okay let's try and leave the politics out and just stick to finding the Easter Eggs kiddies.

I noticed something about the F/A-18F in the Marketplace that you can download. Aside being it has the Scarface emblem on it, on the tail it has the letters PE. Now as with the F/A-18F we can unlock in the game,it has the letters GM which stands for Gracemeria. So my guess is that since the Scarface F/A-18F is related to AC2,the letters PE stand for Port Edwards. Just a guess.

Guest_T0rC4_*

Guest_T0rC4_*
  • Guests
bit obscure this one, but the car that Ludmila drives in the cutscenes is the same type that yellow 13 drives in 04