Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC6 Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
280 replies to this topic

Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Since I don't have the info in front of me right now, I'm going to be vauge.

1. Chandalier was built as an Estovakian version of Stonehenge and Megalith, and for the same purpose.

2. One of the Assault records for the named aces contains info about that pilots activity in Osea around the time of the Belkan war.

3. One of the Assault records for the named aces contains info about that pilots activity in bringing Belkan technology to Estovakia which resulted in the creation of the Aigaigon. The Aigaigon fleet has striking similarities to the flying fortress in AC0.

4. Strigon loosly translates to Vampire (derived from strega). The assault records comfirm one pilot used to belong to Vampire Squadron and helped start Strigon team. There was an assault record in AC0 for a member of Vampire Squadron. (I'll check to see if they have the same name later.)

5. All through the game, symbols from the entire AC series can be found. Look mostly for containers.

I'll post more as I notice them. At least there aren't any damn polar bears this time. B)

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
Pinning this topic, this will be our official Easter Egg thread. Any repeats will be deleted, So please people use this topic for your finds.

Guest_Lazur Rycerz_*

Guest_Lazur Rycerz_*
  • Guests
Theres an Anagram in the word "Stovies" rearrange the letters and it spells Soviets

Tomcatter 503

Tomcatter 503

Veteran

• Members
  • 5,759 posts
Would that really be considered an Easter Egg B) I thought it would be something more related to past AC and other namco games.

Heartbreak 1

Heartbreak 1

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
With respect Mike, I think it does. We did the same thing in the AC0 thread with Sapin/Spain etc. Either way, good thinking nugget.

Mercenary Pilot

Mercenary Pilot

Carpe Diem

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Since I don't have the info in front of me right now, I'm going to be vauge.

1. Chandalier was built as an Estovakian version of Stonehenge and Megalith, and for the same purpose.

2. One of the Assault records for the named aces contains info about that pilots activity in Osea around the time of the Belkan war.

3. One of the Assault records for the named aces contains info about that pilots activity in bringing Belkan technology to Estovakia which resulted in the creation of the Aigaigon. The Aigaigon fleet has striking similarities to the flying fortress in AC0.

4. Strigon loosly translates to Vampire (derived from strega). The assault records comfirm one pilot used to belong to Vampire Squadron and helped start Strigon team. There was an assault record in AC0 for a member of Vampire Squadron. (I'll check to see if they have the same name later.)

5. All through the game, symbols from the entire AC series can be found. Look mostly for containers.

I'll post more as I notice them. At least there aren't any damn polar bears this time. B)

You mean the Vampir Squadron that appears in 7S? Can someone look up their Bios in the Assault Records?

Futeki

Futeki

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Has Namco released any information on Easter Eggs yet?

Nosferatu is a reference to vampires as well.

Guest_Lazur Rycerz_*

Guest_Lazur Rycerz_*
  • Guests

Would that really be considered an Easter Egg B) I thought it would be something more related to past AC and other namco games.

Well I figure being a reference to real world history being an Easter Egg. I mean it is rather odd given the accents of the Estovakians, the country of Estovakia being in economic shambles (much like the real world USSR was), as well as having a military regime. Also there are many similiarities between real world "America" and the country of "Emmeria." There is quite a bit in this game that could also be considered references to the Cold War. Also, hey Namco is part of the real world. :lol:

XxxRazgrizxxX

XxxRazgrizxxX

ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

For the 3rd one, the Callsign the Aiagon mission is Feniks (Phoenix). Since he is from Belkan origin, I believe that he made Belkan technology to be "reborn" since I assume there would serious demilitarization after the events of AC5..

As for the Vampir 1 and 2 from ACZ, thery are Hariman Reinhardt and Rudolf Seifert.

Information about the 1st one is unkown, since he doesnt "exist" in Belka's registry. The 2nd one tried to escape from Belka after the Cease fire in a stolen aircraft and was trying to defect into another country, but was shot down by the Allied Air Force.

In my personal opinion, I think the callsigns themselves are the only link. I believe that none of the Strigon members were from Belka. Even if one of them was on the team, they would be in their 50's..

Edit: There was another Easter Egg thread, so I am gonna jsut bring some of the facts from there to here

This one is found by Tsushima Masaki:

Many of your named allies are references to old Namco games.

Sky Kid
Blue Max
Red Baron
Dragon Busters
Steel Gunners

A lot of the missions are homages to older AC missions.

Edited by XxxRazgrizxxX, 03 November 2007 - 05:03 PM.

Guest_Liberator13th_*

Guest_Liberator13th_*
  • Guests
Emmeria sounds like America... And many of the mainland cities are based on North American cities.

Examples:
Kings Bridge/Golden Gate
San Loma/Toronto (Look for the CN tower)
Ragno Fortress/Grand Canyon (Look for Hoover dam and generating plants)

Weird huh?

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
Actually, that's the Space Needle in San Loma. The coastline looks very similar to that of Seattle minus the islands out to sea. You can even see that football stadium in Seattle in San Loma.

Guest_Liberator13th_*

Guest_Liberator13th_*
  • Guests
Ah so that makes the point even better. Hmmmmm

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • 4,014 posts
I'm pretty sure some of you have already noticed this, but, in the Liberation of Gracemeria level, there's a number of Stovie propaganda billboards. Some of these are simple texture changes on buildings (and appear in Free Flight), but others are actual billboards- these can be targeted and destroyed. I haven't confirmed locations yet, but several are in the "Manhattan" district, and I believe there's a few near the radio station.

There's a crapload of references when it comes to names. Examples: Khesed is one of the Sephirah on the Tree of Life. Bartolomeo is the Italian form of Bartholomew. Moloch is, primarily, a god, or a kind of sacrifice, and was a prince of Hell in medieval demonology. Ragno is Italian for spider. Starous means a number of things in many Balkan languages, but the general gist of the word is extreme age. Interestingly, Sonne (location of Chandelier is Sonne Island, if you forgot) is German for sun- maybe nothing, or perhaps an indication that Belkan technology found its way into more than just the Aigion? But, yeah, that's just a tiny number of what's in there.

Edited by Tempest, 04 November 2007 - 08:23 AM.

Guest_Blak110_*

Guest_Blak110_*
  • Guests
Let's see... The Moloch Desert level bears a striking resemblance to the land near Nellis AFB where Red Flag is held.

Raptorguy

Raptorguy

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Let's see... The Moloch Desert level bears a striking resemblance to the land near Nellis AFB where Red Flag is held.

And just how exactly would you know what the Nellis Range looks like?

Guest_Liberator13th_*

Guest_Liberator13th_*
  • Guests
It does look pretty similar from the pictures, but not enough evidence to confirm it.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
OK, here's something I noted in the screenshots..

The one with the tunnel mission around the canyon.. The dam on the river is the Hover Dam.. I think the river is supposd to be the Colorado River.

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • 4,014 posts

OK, here's something I noted in the screenshots..

The one with the tunnel mission around the canyon.. The dam on the river is the Hover Dam.. I think the river is supposd to be the Colorado River.

Emmeria sounds like America... And many of the mainland cities are based on North American cities.

Examples:
Kings Bridge/Golden Gate
San Loma/Toronto (Look for the CN tower)
Ragno Fortress/Grand Canyon (Look for Hoover dam and generating plants) [Granted, he said Grand Canyon, but still]
Weird huh?

Maybe you just missed the post, but... good God, do we really need repeats on the first page?

Edited by Tempest, 05 November 2007 - 09:22 AM.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
Sorry... Not perfect like everyone else here.....

PhantomPhanatic

PhantomPhanatic

Viper 03

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
Has anyone figured out what the significance of the Billboard Targets are? I never got a good look at the one in the Liberation of Gracemeria mission.

-=edit=-

lol, I immediately retract this statement.

Edited by PhantomPhanatic, 05 November 2007 - 12:10 PM.