Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL ACE COMBAT 6 AIRCRAFT LINE UP. TALK ABOUT AIRCRAFT AND WEAPONS HERE!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Mobius1

Mobius1

• Members
  • 6,820 posts
  • Squad:N/A Squadron
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Posted Image

There's F-4Es in AC6. (center of picture)

They could be NFA enemies. Non Flyable Aircraft. Like in AC4, with the Mig-21 enemies. And the Su-37 being left out of the game, along with most of the other aircraft we love, just sucks. Thumbs down Namco. Thats unacceptable. :angry: If another year of dev time is needed, i dont care. Dont churn out ACs like EA does with their games, put all the aircraft from the previous games in, not 15. 15 for a game like AC6, is a bad move. /rant

And the CFX-44 also has a Metalstorm SPW. Forget its name though.

Edited by Mobius1, 20 October 2007 - 10:30 PM.

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

They could be NFA enemies. Non Flyable Aircraft. Like in AC4, with the Mig-21 enemies. And the Su-37 being left out of the game, along with most of the other aircraft we love, just sucks. Thumbs down Namco. Thats unacceptable. :angry: If another year of dev time is needed, i dont care. Dont churn out ACs like EA does with their games, put all the aircraft from the previous games in, not 15. 15 for a game like AC6, is a bad move. /rant
And the CFX-44 also has a Metalstorm SPW. Forget its name though.

The guide shows that the enemies are flying F4 E s but unfortuanly that's the enemies aircraft.It's not listed as a planes we can fly.I just noticed it when looking at the enemy plane list.

Edited by jeff003, 20 October 2007 - 11:18 PM.

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

I don't mind the plane list. It has pretty much all the ones I want in there. I mean how many versions of the flanker do we really need? I just wish they would've replaced the F-117 with a plane that's actually worth a crap. The F-117 may have a purpose in real life, but in AC it's completely worthless.

Actually, with the LASM, the F-117 stands a chance of being useful in this one. If they did Stealth right, you could pull off some aerial sniper-style attacks with those things.

Justin
ยง

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
I mind that some of the ones I normally want are oddly missing, the MiG-29, MiG-31, F-15 Active, and anything else anyone else wanted. Sure it's not so bad if the planes you want are on there, but what about the ones I want? Or someone else's baby. Imagine if there was no F-14... God, I could hear the rants now... The fact is my hope for a next-gen Ace Combat was more of everything, aircraft, weapons, enemies, missions, and they delivered in some areas, and others slipped. Now maybe there'll be something that makes up for it somehow, but it just seems so disappointing to have seen all the old games where more and more aircraft were making it in, everyone had at least one plane they loved, now we're cut down, and really it reads like a list of aircraft I never flew in previous installments... only the F-16 is going to be familliar territory.

reido

reido

!

• Members
  • 6,663 posts
  • Squad:IXAD
  • Plane:T.1A Hawk
Don't forget the level of detail for each and every a/c they've included, along with the different levels, modes, and other extras.

And also that online multiplayer mode... that has to eat up a LOT of space. Project Aces had to make sacrifices, yes it sucks it had to be the planes, but it could've been worse.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Look at any car game and tell me that. Forza, PGR, anything like that has more than 15, and at just as high a detail. Blazing Angels 2, more than 15 planes, multiplayer, much more detail work since you can customize your aircraft, Rainbow Six Vegas where you can customize your individual armor pieces down to which leg you want to wear pads on, custom colors of camo, all of that. Belive me, I've tried to rationalize why they'd cut the list, and I just don't get it. Now I understand some people may not care, their plane is on the list, but I can promise you there are others in my position who don't see one plane on there they want to fly. The only one in that list I've used is the F-16, and that was just to get me to my MiG-29. I love that plane, I've used it since I bought it on Bunker Shot way back in AC04. I think we all were hoping for even more aircraft to be added in this time around, and even had the list stayed exactly the same I don' think I'd have been this annoyed, but not to have some of the basics in there... I just don't get it. CIS aircraft are horribly under-represented, and I'd have been more willing to sit through another 1,2,3 or 6 months of development if they had just said "Hey, we need more time to get the planes ready." Instead, for those of us whose favorite isn't on that list, we're looking at possibly shelling out more than just time to get our plane when, in my opinion, they should have been there from the start. Why expect me to pay for another 15 planes that have always been included in every other Ace Combat?

reido

reido

!

• Members
  • 6,663 posts

Why expect me to pay for another 15 planes that have always been included in every other Ace Combat?

Because you're going to, no matter what you say now.

Look at any car game and tell me that... Believe me, I've tried to rationalize why they'd cut the list, and I just don't get it.

One reason I can give is that the development team may not have had as much time(hence, familiarity) with the console. They have stated before that they wanted to get the game out as fast as possible.

Guest_Nohbdy_121_*

Guest_Nohbdy_121_*
  • Guests
I'm with Valkyrie here. Bandai slipped up here when there wasn't any good reason for it. I don't give a f*ck about time, it's the damned quality I care about.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Why should I have to shell out for my MiG when the F-14 fan gets his without having to pay? Sure I may get the DLC, but nothing says I have to be happy about having to shell out for it when it's been included in every game before this. That's what gets me, yes, my MiG will probably make an apperence eventually, but I'll have to pay for it, when ever Ace Combat game has given it to me included before. That where the bad taste is coming from, what used to be $50 is now $60, and more on top of that if I want to fight with the plane I want to use, it's just a question of when is it going to stop? I'd have rather waited through a longer development time and gotten all the aircraft we used to have, that, at least, costs me nothing but time.

Guest_Panther Zero_*

Guest_Panther Zero_*
  • Guests
Sure all those other games had plenty of features and didnt have too much cut to make it not really worth it, but do all of those games had such a wide aerial view such as Ace Combat's? They have to cover all the detail of the ground and the sky. Its alot more work than you think. All those other non-aerial orientented games can't compare to the level of difficulty of Ace Combat 6.

Edited by Panther Zero, 21 October 2007 - 12:03 AM.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
I seriously doubt any game has come close to reaching the capacity of an X-Box 360 disc. Even Oblivion didn't make more than one disc, and that's had much more data than anything else I can think of. Believe me, I think we could have gotten this data onto a PS2 disc, this seems like more of a hardware jump than a disc issue.

Mobius118

Mobius118

The Last Of The Gunfighters

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Squad:S&S Saints Air Dominance SQDRN
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat
It's official: AC6's plane lineup is SH1T. Total, utter, inarguable sh1t.

I'll content myself with flying my baby the Tomcat, I have a feeling that's gonna be my career steed, but I pray for XBLive buys for my old F-4, F-5, and MiG 21. Very disappointing. But hey, you know what's not? Everything else. Just played the demo for the first time today. I have reason to live again. Unfreakinbelievable. It just might soon take ac4's place as my favorite Ace Combat thus far.

Let's all just be happy NAMCO's making this game at all, and furthermore be happy that instead of putting time into cramming a bunch of planes in they spent it improving the flight model(which is exceptional), modifying stall mechanics, and on top of that making the whole thing photo-realistic.

Thank you, NAMCO.

reido

reido

!

• Members
  • 6,663 posts

I seriously doubt any game has come close to reaching the capacity of an X-Box 360 disc. Even Oblivion didn't make more than one disc, and that's had much more data than anything else I can think of. Believe me, I think we could have gotten this data onto a PS2 disc, this seems like more of a hardware jump than a disc issue.

Blue Dragon, which I believe has 3 discs(and Lost Odyssey will have 4).

Yes, they managed to fit 32 planes and 30 missions on a Ps2 disc before, but that was without online mode. This is Project Aces' first foray into the magical world of online gaming, so let's cut them some slack, shall we? If they decided to opt for less planes out of the box for a better online experience, then it was for the best.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
I really doubt Ace Combat 6 is in the realm of an RPG when it comes to data, those have always been disc hogs, and besides developers have their tricks, you really think every plane in the skies looks as good as yours does? Those ones way out in the distance are probably a dark grey low poly model until you get a little bit close, only when they're up close in places they're not likely to be once the cutscene ends and the actual game starts will they look that good. I'm willing to bet the average plane out there is probably somewhere around the player's plane in a PS2 version at best. I seriously think we're underestimating the abilities of the console. But really I've come to the realization it doesn't matter what I say, as long as the plane you (I'm using the royal you here to describe everyone with the opposite viewpoint, not attacking anyone in particular) want, all I'm going to hear is "Look at the texture," "But they've got multiplayer!" Woohoo, there's a team at Microsoft that helps with multiplayer development, Ace Combat has had a multiplayer since the PSOne, all you need to do is add the code necessary to support online. You're telling me that nowhere in NamcoBandai is someone they can go to and ask, "So we want to do this multiplayer thing, how'd you do it? Can you help us?" The simple fact is if you can look at that list and go, well it's smaller but at least I get to fly my baby, the [insert plane here] we're not looking at this the same way. Take your plane off that list, now add in that it might or might not be avaliable later, but you'll have to pay an extra $5 to get it. How satisfied with that list are you now?

Ruben7227

Ruben7227

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Squad:Brown Condors/332nd Figther Squadron
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21
I grabbed the guide today also, and I am kinda ticked about the number of planes available. They should have way more than just 15. But, I also picked up another Namco/Bandai game the other day, Beautiful Katamari, and that game is also very short. The kicker to this is that DLC is already available in Japan for this and its actually just unlocking missions already loaded onto the disc!!! :angry:

I have a very good feeling that AC6 might just be the same way, where your going to have to pay extra for content already loaded on your game. It makes me upset, but I know I will still do it, just like I will with Katamari.

But to be honest, the thing that really ticks me off is no clan support. Out of any game on this planet, AC should have clan support, but I guess I will just be happy that its actually online this time around.

Schnee 8

Schnee 8

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II

And the Su-37 being left out of the game, along with most of the other aircraft we love, just sucks. Thumbs down Namco. Thats unacceptable. :angry: If another year of dev time is needed, i dont care. Dont churn out ACs like EA does with their games, put all the aircraft from the previous games in, not 15. 15 for a game like AC6, is a bad move. /rant

IMHO, we should be glad they even have a game coming out for us at all. They said themselves something along the lines of "We didn't want to recreate the wait between AC4 and AC5, so we started work for AC6 for the X360" And quite frankly, you got your Flanker with canards, it just doesn't have T/V, and maybe some little details that you can nitpick (The ECMs aren't on there, so what..).. They gave us the majority of the planes we love, and the most common out of them. F-15E fills our Eagle, F-16 and F-2 fulfill their roles, F/A-18E/F fulfills the Hornet community, etc..

Now as to some small planes that they forgot, give them a break. Su-37 no longer exsists and a better substitution would be the Su-35 or Su-30MKI. (I realize the YF-23 isn't exactly active neither, but there's one of them in exsistance at least.) Mig-29 likely got dumped because the F-16 is right there with it. I do see that the Euro's got all their planes at least, thankfulness likely is there.

Also, the F-35 got dropped, and you guys haven't said anything about it. IMHO, its been in the past three games, so it has as much right as all the other planes to be in there as well, but nobody's representing it.. :o

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Great, here we go with the "Be happy they made you a game at all," bit. I'm sorry, nothing personal, but they wouldn't make a game if enough people don't buy it. Am I saying I'm not picking this one up? No, I admit I'll be right there with everyone else on Wednesday when it arrives, but I do have to admit my enthusiasim has taken a hit. Sure, some planes might be redundant, but everyone has a right to their favorite plane. I'm sure someone out there loves the A-6, not my cup of tea, but you can bet I'll be sympatheic to them being ticked it's not there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the game sucks, that Namco Bandai is a failure or that they should have gotten rid of something else. But, I do have a right to say that this sucks, it's highly disappointing and that I wish they'd have taken the time to put at least the planes that have been there before without being told I'm wrong to feel that way. Take your favorite plane off that list, pretend it might not ever be in the game, that's the feeling I've got. I'll still be a big girl, I can suck it up and move on, I'm just not happy that there's not one plane in the game I'm actually excited to fly. I guess I'll have to go join the F-14 fanclub seeing as it's the only one on that list I've used before in an Ace Combat game and didn't hate(Let's be honest, the F-16 probably isn't going to stand too much of a chance past those first few missions).

Schnee 8

Schnee 8

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II
Take my favorite plane off the list eh? Okay then, you've basically taken..

1) F-22
2) F-15E
3) F/A-18F

..off the list, which will make an insane whinefest.

The big problem with doing things in a large perspective, there's always that group of people that get ticked off because they aren't exactly part of the majority. I can understand why they gave us these planes in particular, if you think of a fighter from the top of your head its the F-16/F-15/F-22, attacker its the A-10, etc.. They threw in what they thought would be best.

But honestly, it seems that they've gone through a little more work this time around, look at any cityscape in this game, or any individual player aircraft. Also we get full cockpit views with instruments that 'work', unlike the gauges that were just there in the past. IMHO, if they're going to give that, I'll give them some credit.

So really, I'm not out to oppose you guys, I'm right there with you, I like the Fulcrum, Flanker, all the other little planes that nobody cares about, but I'm just presenting another POV..

Anyway, SPW's seem good to me this time around.. it just sucks that some planes have 3 while others have 4.. :angry:

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
There's not one MiG on the list, and only two Russian planes in total. That's not only a small majority, that's a pretty good group. Now as for SPW I'm a little annoyed that the SOD has become so common since I never thought it was that good a weapon in the first place. But, then again, any of the planes it's on I'm not going to be flying so... meh...

Tsushima Masaki

Tsushima Masaki

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Well at least they got rid of the BDSP on most of the planes (Su-47). Yeah, the aircraft lineup sucks. It doesn't hurt so much for me because at least I have a Flanker, and F-15E is a good enough subsitute for the S/MTD, but I feel for the other guys and I miss some of the other planes I usually fly: barring the superplanes I wanted to see the MiG-29 (or MiG-35), MiG-1.44, YF-23 (damn I'm gonna miss it), F-35.

There's this guy on the GameFAQs/GameSpot forums (maybe he's here too, don't know) who was really looking forward to the F-4 and lo and behold, no F-4. Now he's probably not even getting AC6.

I also would have liked to see a NEW real-world aircraft. How about a Chengdu (J-10/JF-17)?

It'll still be a solid game, but everytime I'm going to be looking at that aircraft list and be thinking "Damn, even AC04 had 20-some planes, where's my _____?"

This is where we say "well, hopefully next time..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users