Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL ACE COMBAT 6 AIRCRAFT LINE UP. TALK ABOUT AIRCRAFT AND WEAPONS HERE!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Guest_Darfix_*

Guest_Darfix_*
  • Guests
They seem to have went stingy with the type of aircraft, undoubtedly an attempt to get you to buy downloadable aircraft.

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

What the heck is the Admm and the EMI? And 300 missiles? Thats just ungodly.

Admm in the book stands for All Direction Multi Purpose Missle so it may work on ground targets as well and I need to make a correction.It can take out up to 12 targets instead of 10 I looked at it wrong.

EML Electromagnetic Launcher
This is how it's worded in the guide.
The easy to aim and unguided EML employs long range,ultra high velocity munitions.With training this advanced level weapon offers unparalleled destructive potential.The Eml utilizes electromagnetism to propel munitions along a conduction rail at extremely high velocity.

Also on the 2nd mission you get to do a takeoff and you can land at the resupply base and restock your weapons.One other thing your stuck with just flying the F-16 Falcon until you get to mission 5 then the Mirage 2000-5 and A10 Thunderbolt become available.

Edited by jeff003, 20 October 2007 - 05:44 PM.

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Woah... they really did ship the strategy guide before the release. Nosferatu definitely continues Strgion squad's vampire theme. And, uh, zOMG WTFH at the ungodly amount of missiles some of those planes have.

Most places still don't have it and gamestop.com has it listed as backordered but I put my zipcode in the check availability at your store box and one gamestop in my area had 1-3 copies.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle
Also, it looks like the F-14D has XLA6s; you can see that the wing pylons are also used for Phoenixes in the trailer.

muertos13

muertos13

See me after class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division "Warhawks"
  • Plane:Rafale M
HOLY CRAP. the Nossy has a railgun. *dies*

Guest_Araqiel_*

Guest_Araqiel_*
  • Guests

They seem to have went stingy with the type of aircraft, undoubtedly an attempt to get you to buy downloadable aircraft.

That's probably partly true, But i think the low number of aircraft is more down to the fact that they are so much more detailed than in previous games and obviously take a lot more time to create. Would you rather the game came out middle of 2008 with a few more planes? didn't think so.

MobiusZero

MobiusZero

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

HOLY CRAP. the Nossy has a railgun. *dies*

Let's just hope you dont have to face the striggie(strigon)nosferatu pixy-style(I mean having all 3
SPWs.,like when you fight pixy in his morgan in ACZ.)

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Squad:Aelous Squad
What's an XMAG? is is a typo of XMA6? (it lists the Typhoon and raptor both having XMAGs, In the trailer I saw the F-22 with XMA6, that's why I ask)

I doubt this is a complete list, it's missing the F-4 that's in the game. (There is a screen with one!!!!)

TexasEagle

TexasEagle

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Squad:51st Mercenary Division
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L
well, I hate to see the list of aircraft drop so much. I dont like loosing the Migs........

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Squad:Aelous Squad
Posted Image

There's F-4Es in AC6. (center of picture)

Guest_Panther Zero_*

Guest_Panther Zero_*
  • Guests
Well with that ^^ said I think its pretty obvious we will have at least a bit more planes than the strategy guide lets us know about. A strategy guide not giving all the details such as planes and vehicles is a common occurence so I expect almost all the planes in ACZ to come back. Dont fret people.

Valkyrie

Valkyrie

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A
I doubt it. It may very well be in there, but it's probably not a pilotable aircraft. Anyone remember the MiG-21s from AC04? Sure they were there, but you only got to shoot at them, same with AV-8s. I'm really feeling like we've gotten left out on this one. And a strategy guide not giving information on all planes you can fly? Unheard of, it'd be the worst move in history. Sure they might not mention every plan in the game, or omit story happenings from what you need to do in the mission to keep from leaking spoilers, but not listing all the aircraft/vehicles/weapons unless it's a secret, cheat or otherwise would completely defeat the point of a strategy guide and make your future works pretty much scorned by your target audience.

muertos13

muertos13

See me after class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division "Warhawks"
  • Plane:Rafale M
which means there's still hope for the Falken/Wyvern. :(

F-22 Raptor ACE

F-22 Raptor ACE

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Squad:CRUSADER SQUADRON XO
25 FAEB's for the A-10 being able to drop 5 at a time? imagine the destruction they will cause.

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

What's an XMAG? is is a typo of XMA6? (it lists the Typhoon and raptor both having XMAGs, In the trailer I saw the F-22 with XMA6, that's why I ask)

I doubt this is a complete list, it's missing the F-4 that's in the game. (There is a screen with one!!!!)

The Xmag is the Advanced Air To Ground Missiles that can destroy up to four ground targets at once.The XMA 6 is the medium air to air missles that can take out 6 planes and or helicopters at one time.Also I was reading some more and the landing and takeoff has been revamped you now have the option to press the left stick in to lower and retract the landing gear.This is going to be so cool.Secret Weapons Over Normandy lets you do that.

Edited by jeff003, 20 October 2007 - 09:44 PM.

Strike Commander

Strike Commander

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
I don't mind the plane list. It has pretty much all the ones I want in there. I mean how many versions of the flanker do we really need? I just wish they would've replaced the F-117 with a plane that's actually worth a crap. The F-117 may have a purpose in real life, but in AC it's completely worthless.

SilverHawk7

SilverHawk7

Prestigious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts
  • Squad:BAF
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

The Xmag is the Advanced Air To Ground Missiles that can destroy up to four ground targets at once.The XMA 6 is the medium air to air missles that can take out 6 planes and or helicopters at one time.Also I was reading some more and the landing and takeoff has been revamped you now have the option to press the left stick in to lower and retract the landing gear.This is going to be so cool.Secret Weapons Over Normandy lets you do that.

Are you sure it's not XAGM, not XMAG? It's been XAGM in all of the previous installments (the last three anyway).

Justin
§

JimC

JimC

Saint-105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Squad:S&S
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat
I'd say the F-4 will still make it. Via several Microsoft points.
Microsoft still trying to screw us for every last penny.
Same for Wyvern/Mprgan etc.
I'll pay for the Phantom but not the rest.

Ribbon-Red

Ribbon-Red

Manly McBeefington

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division Inc.
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE
@ Name Taker: That's weird. I think Valk is correct. You can 'look, but not touch' in terms of some planes.

Well, jeff003, there's no mention of the X-02 or the ADF-01? Dang. I was hoping they'd be unlockable or something. Oh, well...better start saving up for those MS points.

I do hope that they release the S/MTD in one of the DLC packs/bundles or as an independent plane.

Which brings about a couple of questions:

1) When are we gonna see some DLC?
2) How are planes/missions/levels gonna be sold (bundles/packs -a la Vegas/GRAW - or individually -a la Oblivion-)?

jeff003

jeff003

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Are you sure it's not XAGM, not XMAG? It's been XAGM in all of the previous installments (the last three anyway).
Justin
§

Your right it is Xagm I looked at it wrong.Sorry for the confusion.My bad there is no Xmag it's Xagm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users