Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

OFFICIAL ACE COMBAT 6 AIRCRAFT LINE UP. TALK ABOUT AIRCRAFT AND WEAPONS HERE!

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

Red beryl

Red beryl

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I'm pretty sure if it was called XMA6, not XMAG 6. Though I Have nothing against a XMA66.

You may be right there I've always payed little attention to missile names being as I rarely change types so my memory of the names is a little obscure to me right now. I'll look into it (I've been feeling like doing a random AC6 mission anyways) when I do I'll confirm it, but it seems really likely that your right.

SatoKasu

SatoKasu

2014 and still alive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

I know this is a necro and everyone knows but well I just wonder would an RL aircraft cannon be as powerful as AC6's GUN would be? Airplanes have much lower health than in previous games when it defends against gunfire I see

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Commemorating the Anean Continental War!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,449 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet

I know this is a necro and everyone knows but well I just wonder would an RL aircraft cannon be as powerful as AC6's GUN would be? Airplanes have much lower health than in previous games when it defends against gunfire I see

As I recall, this is due in part to the fact that AC6`s damages system sets damage inflicted on the target as inversely related to the distance from the target when firing the gun. The closer you get, the more effective it is on a damage-per-bullet basis. There have existed some absurdly powerful aircraft cannons (The A-10`s cannon being a prime example), but there really aren`t that many in use.

SkyGuardians

SkyGuardians

Incompetent Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:YF-23A

While a GAU-8 is incredibly powerful, it is a litte overkill if you're just going to down a plane. A M61A2 Vulcan, which is the machinegun mounted on a F-22, outputs 110 rounds a second. A one-second burst driving 110 high explosive incendiary rounds into a fighter, assuming all your rounds hit, will probably tear any plane to shreds.

Edited by SkyGuardians, 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM.

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

The only little gripe i had about AC6's plane lineup was the F-15E's appearance rather than the F-15 Eagle itself, and that the plane roster should have been expanded to what it was like in AC5 and ACZ.  They should've probably also made the FAEB available to the F-15E and Tornado rather than limit it to the A-10.

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MT Eagle+

The only little gripe i had about AC6's plane lineup was the F-15E's appearance rather than the F-15 Eagle itself, and that the plane roster should have been expanded to what it was like in AC5 and ACZ.  They should've probably also made the FAEB available to the F-15E and Tornado rather than limit it to the A-10.

Well the only 3 planes to get the FAEB are the MTD, A-10, and Falken, consistently. Plus the F-15E already has so much going for it. Giving it FAEBs would be kind of game breaking.

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Well the only 3 planes to get the FAEB are the MTD, A-10, and Falken, consistently. Plus the F-15E already has so much going for it. Giving it FAEBs would be kind of game breaking.

Yeah, I guess so. But it still would be nice.

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Yeah, I guess so. But it still would be nice.

^_^ Totally, it would be fun.

Metal_Snake

Metal_Snake

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Squad:Retired Hellcat.

I wish the F-4 was playable.

CarrierBuzzard

CarrierBuzzard

Phantom Phanatic

• Members
  • 3,456 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

Kamiyoda

Kamiyoda

シングルラインの女性

• Members
  • 3,920 posts

Metal_Snake

Metal_Snake

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Squad:Retired Hellcat.

And i also wish the F-16 had LAGMs instead of UGBs, but oh well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users