Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat Zero Help Topic

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
I've noticed quite a few mission help request topics opening lately. So instead of people opening an entire topic for a specific mission, I've opened up this one for general mission help requests.

So, if you have a question or need help about any mission in ACZ, post iit here. Any mission specific help topics will be deleted or merged with this one.

SERCLightningII

SERCLightningII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Squad:Hellcats
  • Plane:Tornado F3
i need help getting Knight to face Grun in the Round Table....it's kida confusing for what i need to do in the previous two missions.

Albino Ace

Albino Ace

Wants an HD R-103 so bad.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:E-767
Hold it...to fight Grun in mission 3, you need to be a Soldier ace. (have the marker in the soldier/middle area.) For Indigo, THATS where you need to be a knight. (all the way to the right.)

If you want to change your ace style for that level, you have it lucky; in that part of the game, its easy with mission 2 Annex. (Plus, its early on.) After beating mission 2, if you're not in the desired ace style area, then just go to the main menu and click "Sp. continue" after you beat mission 2. It goes back to mission 1 while mantaining your current ace style status, as if you were going on to mission 3.

Just to help make this crystal clear, lets say you're trying to be a Soldier. (which you will if Grun is the enemy squad you want.) If you're currently a Knight, then hit Sp. continue and be merciless for the first two missions. You should be a Soldier (probably leaning a tad toward merc.) by mission 3.

If you're a Mercenary, then just do the opposite; be merciful enough to get to Soldier status by mission 3.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
It's just like AA said.

You will probably have to go through campaign mode a couple of times to get your meter into the soldier. Here's a little trick. If you are in merc or knight, fly the missions in campaign mode util you get into the solider. if you get to mission three before you are a soldier, continue playing, then you can restart the campaign, but your meter stays the same.

Try to keep the arrow as close to the center as possible. Remember to stay in the solider, you must take out only half of the yellow targets.

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Squad:Aelous Squad
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
Not neccisarilly half of the yellow targets. the point value for the number of yellow target that you let live and the ones you destroyed must be the same.

i.e. The hangar and C-5 in mission 13. the hangar is worth 1000 points, storages are worth 200. Desroying the giant hangar is equal to desroying 5 storage buildings.

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E
Wrong, It doesnt matter if they are not the same. Its not like the gauge will swing wildly left or right. Kill roughly the same number as you leave alive. Planes are worth the most generally.

The arrow has to be somewhere above the SOLDIER word, not necessarily in the middle of it. I had mine move between the O and the E. ;)
And for the first few missions i had it on mercenary.

SERCLightningII

SERCLightningII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I meant soldier, sorry, I have a 9 page history paper.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Man, SERC, I told you ca. 22 days before how that works!

So here you go with the copypasta from here:
http://forums.acecom...?showtopic=2439

Fly the very firt mission, kill the bomber, the yellow one I mean, make sure all fighters are either down or neutralized but do not kill any other yellow target.
What do you think the gauge will move to? Knight? Because you let more 4 or 5 targets live, while one went down?
Go see and be shocked, it'll move towards Mercenary.

Why is that so?

The game is a bitch and hates you.

No really, that was a bad joke. Answer comes now.

The gauge moves by points. The value of a target decides how far the gauge moves.

Now, in most cases all targets in an area (mission map) are 50/50. Get half of all planes and half of all ground targets. Usually they all are alike, like, only tents and same type of planes or at least they are worth the same.

After Mission 14 you cannot change the gauge anymore. Mke fine adjustments during this mission, don't take the "arrow aboth D of solDier!" too strict. One or two millimetres left or right are okay. Save after Mission 13 and play till the end. Got the supreme soldier medal? No? Try another time and play from 14 on and try out adjusting the gauge. You can go destroy all yellow targets to see how many points they are worth, then go see how many targets are there and what value they have. Be aware, some targets randomly turn Yellow (e.g. 14B, two F-14Ds can but dn't have to turn yellow).

SERCLightningII

SERCLightningII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Man, SERC, I told you ca. 22 days before how that works!

So here you go with the copypasta from here:
http://forums.acecom...?showtopic=2439

tried, didnt work thats all...hate to sound like a n00b.

one kid at school asked me 'whats radar'

wow.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
What the hell? But keeping the gauge meter in the soldier range isn't that hard when you just destroy half of the yellow targets (usually there's no such big point difference between targets of one mission).

With all due respect, I dunno what can go wrong when just destroying targets as needed for the gauge ... and restarting the campaign as often as necessary for that.

SERCLightningII

SERCLightningII

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

What the hell? But keeping the gauge meter in the soldier range isn't that hard when you just destroy half of the yellow targets (usually there's no such big point difference between targets of one mission).

With all due respect, I dunno what can go wrong when just destroying targets as needed for the gauge ... and restarting the campaign as often as necessary for that.

well.....here is a funny thing..

I checked my disk and cleaned it, and it made it a lot easier to do.

wow i feel dumb.

sorry about that aurum, didnt mean to piss you off.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Nonononono, I wasn't mad at you at all. I just dislike being of no use and when my plans fail.

Good to hear that you're good to go now, though. :ph34r: Get 'em with a sweet greetings from me. (lol)

I remember that one phrase by an old frien of mine.
About the computer: "You know what betters the graphics al lot? Cleaning the screen once in a while." *flute*

Guest_ACE_OF_DARKVALOR_*

Guest_ACE_OF_DARKVALOR_*
  • Guests
hey im having trouble getting knight status, anyone have some tips on how to neutralize not kill enemy targets?
Thanks

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
Just don't kill any yellow targets. LASMs will come in handy for this. (LAGMs and GPBs have a damage range that might destroy nearby yellow targets.)

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts
No, no, you got it wrong, AOD.
To get Knight, do not kill any yellow/neutralized targets. Leave them be.

You dont neutralize them, they already are. There are some exceptions with fighters that when you shoot them, they become neutralized.

But do not kill any yellow targets. Most of them would be ground units.

EDIT: LASM also destroys near by targets.
:)

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
How did I get it wrong? I said "don't kill any yellow targets"

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,819 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
Shack was talking to ACE OF DARKVALOR.

Guest_ACE_OF_DARKVALOR_*

Guest_ACE_OF_DARKVALOR_*
  • Guests
if im just trying to neutralize a target should i hit it with a missle or gunfire first?
by the way im playing on normal if it makes a difference?

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
Targets go nuetral at random. Some planes will some won't. Same goes for ships.

I.e. some F-4Es in M2: Annex will be nueralized even if you hit it with 2 missles.

ShackontheTarget

ShackontheTarget

Quattro Bajeena

• Members
  • 8,251 posts
Actually there are specific targets that neutralize. You will start to see which if you go for top scores. But lets not go there now.

Planes neutralize after you damage them enough for them to be killed. After you have neutralized a plane, even if you shoot it, within the next second or two it will take no damage at all. So just shoot planes with 1 special weapon, 2 missiles, or guns or a combination of those, enough, to kill it. Some plane will got yellow/neutralized. If you want to play as knight, do net kill the yellow/neutralized planes and other units.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users