Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 5 Help topic

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
Personally, I don't think it really matters which one you play though first.

I think what you're talking about is the kill-bar, fill it up to unlock the next aircraft of that family.

Example: F-14A -> F-14B -> F-14D

Neko_Len

Neko_Len

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
ah, ok, that makes sense. i was wondering what the connected boxes in the hangar were.

think im liking 4 better so far, the lack of ability to switch SP is a bit crippling imo.

so far 4 is right behind 6 as my fave. while this one is good so far, the single SP per bugs me more than it really should.

Edited by Neko_Len, 07 October 2011 - 01:35 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,151 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler
Yep.&nbsp;&nbsp;Kind of annoying, since it encourages level grinding even on the <i>first</i> playthrough even, but an interesting feature nonetheless.

<div><br></div><div>Edit: Interesting that 6 ranks before 04, because the common opinion here seems to be that 6 tried to take a bunch of elements from 04 and recreate them without really knowing what made them work. &nbsp;Maybe it's just because most of us tried 04 before 6.</div><div><br></div><div>Edit edit: Lol html fail.</div>

Edited by KonoBaka, 07 October 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Neko_Len

Neko_Len

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
6 ranks above 4 mainly cuz my wingman does something and online play. plus the "fires of liberation", "liberation of gracemira", and "chandelier" i love.

to be really exact, my first AC game was Air Combat. I went away from the series due to what the hell they did to electrosphere. and ended up only returning for 6 (the [email protected] paintjobs, since im a fan of that fracnhise), and after i had been assured that namco never pulled that shit again. first time i saw the US electrosphere i was like "wait..what?"

Edited by Neko_Len, 07 October 2011 - 01:49 PM.

Wardogchopper15

Wardogchopper15

Rookie

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  • Squad:wardog squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I've noticed quite a few mission help request topics opening lately. So instead of people opening an entire topic for a specific mission, I've opened up this one for general mission help requests.

So, if you have a question or need helpe about any mission in AC5, post iit here. Any mission specific help topics will be deleted or merged with this one.

im in wardog squadron wardog 3 i can help

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

im in wardog squadron wardog 3 i can help

New comer. Let me give you a nice warm welcome. By saying you just Necroposted in a topic that's been dead for about 7 months. This is a major no no. Unless you add on (or in this case ask for help) which you didn't do. Please don't do this again and welcome to ACS

Wardogchopper15

Wardogchopper15

Rookie

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  • Squad:wardog squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I've noticed quite a few mission help request topics opening lately. So instead of people opening an entire topic for a specific mission, I've opened up this one for general mission help requests.

So, if you have a question or need helpe about any mission in AC5, post iit here. Any mission specific help topics will be deleted or merged with this one.

i want to do mission 4 first flight

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

New comer. Let me give you a nice warm welcome. By saying you just Necroposted in a topic that's been dead for about 7 months. This is a major no no. Unless you add on (or in this case ask for help) which you didn't do. Please don't do this again and welcome to ACS

This topic has always been immune to the necropost rule, just like all of the help topics, that is as long as they are asking for help, not just spamming.

i want to do mission 4 first flight

What do you mean? This topic is to assist others with the missions. Do you need help with mission 4, and if so, please describe what you need help with, otherwise don't make a random post to increase your post count.

Edited by Green Giant, 01 July 2012 - 10:52 AM.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,556 posts

This topic has always been immune to the necropost rule, just like all of the help topics, that is as long as they are asking for help, not just spamming.

I know. Wardog didn't ask for help he offered it. And I don't think what he did was spam. Either way it's a necropost

MobiusElite

MobiusElite

ISAF Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
ok i have a question:In the mission #5 First Flight,the plane thatt appeared in the first cutscene which the Wardog have to scramble to defend Sand island is F-5 right?If you choose another plnae,this cutscene won't happen if i remember right...But why in some youtube vid,i see other player can have this cutscene with different plane?such as Mir-2000?

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

ok i have a question:In the mission #5 First Flight,the plane thatt appeared in the first cutscene which the Wardog have to scramble to defend Sand island is F-5 right?If you choose another plnae,this cutscene won't happen if i remember right...But why in some youtube vid,i see other player can have this cutscene with different plane?such as Mir-2000?

Well, the obvious answer is that you did not remember the cutscene correctly.

Why don't you just try it again to see for yourself, rather than asking for help that you don't really need?

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
And is not mission 5 it's 4!

Thunder

Thunder

Nothing else comes close

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts
So, I've been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately, I've finished AC04 again a week or so ago, and now I've moved too AC5, which I've never played all the way through.
Then, I go playing through the game, just waiting to unlock the F-15. So I look online and realise you have to complete 12A! I chose "no" to Chopper's question about the Coin song. At the time I didn't know because I didn't want to learn how the story finishes. I figured it out when I unlocked the F-22 before the F-15.
My question is, do I now have to either play through or restart the campaign in order to unlock the plane? And ACS, has this ever happened to you with the stupid "yes/no" questions?

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • 3,556 posts
Yes, replying to the yes/no question has an effect on campaign. There are 3 A and B missions IIRC

And if I'm not mistaken you can just go to free play and do the mission there to unlock the F-15

Chopper15

Chopper15

Playing without trash-talking has no sense at all

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW 'Lancers'

So, I've been playing a lot of Ace Combat lately, I've finished AC04 again a week or so ago, and now I've moved too AC5, which I've never played all the way through.
Then, I go playing through the game, just waiting to unlock the F-15. So I look online and realise you have to complete 12A! I chose "no" to Chopper's question about the Coin song. At the time I didn't know because I didn't want to learn how the story finishes. I figured it out when I unlocked the F-22 before the F-15.
My question is, do I now have to either play through or restart the campaign in order to unlock the plane? And ACS, has this ever happened to you with the stupid "yes/no" questions?

To play the mission that unlocks the F-15 you must response YES to the question "I" make you starting mission 10, there you'll go through the A branch.

Also, you can go to Free Mission in any difficult, play the mission and unlock it, but to buy it you have to pass through the Campaing mode again.

And yes, the YES/NO response to "my" Coin questions can take you on a different way, depending on the missions you want to play.

Coin questions are in:

Mission 10 (First transmission to you)

YES = you play mission 11A (Chain Reaction) and 12A (Powder Keg -- the one you want)
NO = you play mission 11B (Reprisal) and 12B (Four Horsemen)

Mission 15 (Last transmission to you)

YES = you play mission 16A (Desert Arrow)
NO = you play mission 16B (Desert Lightning)

Also, the no response to those questions will take you through B branch (or that's what I've experienced).

Hope this help.

Alvin H Davenport "Chopper" Posted Image

Galm118

Galm118

That guy

• Members
  • 5,952 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
I've found the B branch of both questions to be a considerably smaller headache.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users