Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 5 Help topic

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

Sieghart

Sieghart

Certified NAGC Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

Thanks! Worked like a charm! Now that that's taken care of, anyone got ideas for mission 24?

Well, the best method i found out is to take a plane with XLAA/XMAA missiles, get close to the arkbird and when it starts shooting out the UAV's take about 6-9 of those suckers down with special weapons, then go for the UAV launchers and the laser, and destroy the rest of the Arkbird as targets on the plane appear, and that should get you an "S" rank. thats how i've done it, but i'm sure that GG has a better method then what i've posted :P , but you should still be able to get an S rank with my method.

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Well, the best method i found out is to take a plane with XLAA/XMAA missiles, get close to the arkbird and when it starts shooting out the UAV's take about 6-9 of those suckers down with special weapons, then go for the UAV launchers and the laser, and destroy the rest of the Arkbird as targets on the plane appear, and that should get you an "S" rank. thats how i've done it, but i'm sure that GG has a better method then what i've posted :lol: , but you should still be able to get an S rank with my method.

That's pretty much the standard tactic for the Arkbird, but you have to do it fairly quickly, because I believe this one is time based as well.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Waiting for the Anean Continental War. Gonna be a while...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
well, whatever it is that truly determines an "S" rank, I achieved it. Thanks for your guys' help.

Oka_Nieba

Oka_Nieba

Waiting for the Anean Continental War. Gonna be a while...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Squad:345th TFW: The Lancers
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
new question: Does anybody have any idea how to sneak up on the Hrimfaxi? I keep on getting spotted by the security subs. Just curious.

Sieghart

Sieghart

Certified NAGC Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

new question: Does anybody have any idea how to sneak up on the Hrimfaxi? I keep on getting spotted by the security subs. Just curious.

there is no way to sneak up on the Hrimfaxi, and everyone who has tried has failed(including me and GG B) ), your just better off destroying two security subs, then go for the hrimfaxi before time runs out, and take out another three subs, then when the hrimfaxi has its weapons pointed at you, just destroy anything.

Tank Buster 15

Tank Buster 15

Rookie

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Squad:Galm
  • Plane:Not Specified
Why Is Nagase so f-in passionate?

minstrelboy

minstrelboy

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Squad:51st Merc Divsion/Advisor for the RoE
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk
Where are the location of the Falken hangers? I know the mssions and I know where one is in "Aces".

FalkenDemon

FalkenDemon

Living Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts
  • Squad:LFG
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken
I read some were that if you destroy all the hidden hangars you'll unlock the Falken. I'm pretty sure I've done that but I still haven't unlocked the Falken yet. Is there any truth to that?
If there is, what are all the exact locations and how many hangars are there?

The Protector

The Protector

JUSTICE 420 THE HIGHDOLM@STER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Squad:BAF / Funk
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

I read some were that if you destroy all the hidden hangars you'll unlock the Falken. I'm pretty sure I've done that but I still haven't unlocked the Falken yet. Is there any truth to that?

Get the missing parts from missions 12a, 12b, 16a, 16b, and 27a to unlock the Falken. You must destroy the hangar of each mission. For mission 12a, follow the river north, then go east at the fork in the river. You must be close for the hangar to show appear on radar. For mission 12b, after taking out the four radar sites, destroy enough targets and the hangar will show up near the smokestacks. The one in mission 16a is between the field HQ and the airfield. Mission 16b has it west of the river, between the airfield and oil refinery (south of the north-most river). The part on mission 27 is very close to the gun tower, in front of the tunnel.

EvaderDX

EvaderDX

RIP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Why don't you just search the topic?
http://acecombatskie...o...st&p=450476
geez...

:Yellow 4's Mommy:

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
In the plane select screen just before the start of a mission, I scroll to the SU-47 and flip through its paint schemes. I found that the Osean scheme and the Belkan scheme are identical. Could someone please explain?

FlyAwayNow

FlyAwayNow

When it all hits the FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,132 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:MiG-29 Fulcrum-A

Why Is Nagase so f-in passionate?

Becuase Bandai wanted to try a love intrest sorta thing and its with you and Nagase. :lol: But then it got scrapped and but they still wanted some hint of it to remain.

/// Wee bit of sarcasm

Timerlane

Timerlane

Overseer of Slag Determination

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Squad:Old Legacy-Series Grognard
  • Plane:MiG-31 Foxhound-A
They're slightly different shades of grey, IIRC.

They're just there to fill space around the classic black/RZ scheme, though. :lol:

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

In the plane select screen just before the start of a mission, I scroll to the SU-47 and flip through its paint schemes. I found that the Osean scheme and the Belkan scheme are identical. Could someone please explain?

They are far from identical.. The Belkan scheme had browns, and greys, the Osean just has grey tones.

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

They are far from identical.. The Belkan scheme had browns, and greys, the Osean just has grey tones.

Well the color scheme is called "BK" and has the gray tones, and the Wardog squadron insignia on it as well. Perhaps just a glitch.

The Protector

The Protector

JUSTICE 420 THE HIGHDOLM@STER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Squad:BAF / Funk
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon
There's no glitch. The only BK paint scheme that actually has the Belkan livery is the S-32 to my knowledge wih Grabacr insignia. Same with YK aircraft.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
For the Su-47, the BK and Osean Sp Paint schemes are different The grey tones are darker and more blueish on the Osean, plus there are stripes in the wing tips of the Osean Su-47 are a yellowish color.

MS-18E

MS-18E

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Plane:R-352 Sepia

well i mean that it is the first mission were you get the jamming planes were you have to shoot down a whole lot of cargo planes.

Isn't that 'Blockade' in AC04?

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

Isn't that 'Blockade' in AC04?

First off, you are quoting something from 2 years ago, and second, he's probably referring to Blind Spot Mission since the topic IS Ace Combat 5 Help topic.

FalkenDemon

FalkenDemon

Living Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts
  • Squad:LFG
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken
I believe all those "cargo planes" are just ghosts there aren't really that many of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users