Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 5 Help topic

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

Green Giant

Green Giant

Yellow Squadron Commander

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
  • Squad:Aquila Wing/Yellow Squadron
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
I've noticed quite a few mission help request topics opening lately. So instead of people opening an entire topic for a specific mission, I've opened up this one for general mission help requests.

So, if you have a question or need helpe about any mission in AC5, post iit here. Any mission specific help topics will be deleted or merged with this one.

The F-22 Kidâ„¢

The F-22 Kidâ„¢

Rookie

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark
hi GG,

I was wondering how you obtain the Yuke or Belkan paint schemes for the aircraft.

Ender

Ender

Black Phoenix One

• Members
  • 6,122 posts
  • Squad:12th Air Division, LLC
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Shoot down the named Ace using desired aircraft...right? :huh:

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
For Belkan and Yuke paint schemes you just need to shoot down an enemy who flies that plane. It doesn't need to be a named Ace.

Make sure you have the plane in your hangar before trying to unlock the paint schemes.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

For Belkan and Yuke paint schemes you just need to shoot down an enemy who flies that plane. It doesn't need to be a named Ace.

Make sure you have the plane in your hangar before trying to unlock the paint schemes.

That glitch is only with the X-02 Wyvern. There isn't that problem with any of the other paint schemes.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
I know, I was just saying that you can't unlock the paint scheme before buying the plane.

Guest_chingu77_*

Guest_chingu77_*
  • Guests
hi

i'm looking for the EA-18G abelcain plane on level 16b. i looked on gamefaq and it said that its located in the middle western part of the map after the missile squadron and the battleship appears. i can't seem to locate this plane anywhere.

can someone help?

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A
On the patch of land on the part where the river splits. Near the map border.

And GG, I think that renaming this thread to look more like a general help topic rather than a guide-you-through-the-mission-you-are-stuck-in topic (eg "Need help with AC5") would be a good idea. :lol:

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Yeah, but first go to the group of enemies that spawned after the mission update. Kill the fighters (A-10, TND) and then Ablecain spawns. Quite in the middle of the western border. Try a head-on kill.

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

And GG, I think that renaming this thread to look more like a general help topic rather than a guide-you-through-the-mission-you-are-stuck-in topic (eg "Need help with AC5") would be a good idea. ;)

Here's the name... Need help on a mission in AC5???, or Need help with AC5 What the frick is the difference??? The questions will sitll be the same..

I don't recall it ever being named guide-you-through-the-mission-you-are-stuck-in topic .

You know, since you like to be so condecending in you comments, you just gave me a great idea.. I just changed the name of the topic.. You can be proud that you were my inspiration...[sarcasm] :lol:

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts

Here's the name... Need help on a mission in AC5???, or Need help with AC5 What the frick is the difference??? The questions will sitll be the same..

I don't recall it ever being named guide-you-through-the-mission-you-are-stuck-in topic .

You know, since you like to be so condecending in you comments, you just gave me a great idea.. I just changed the name of the topic.. You can be proud that you were my inspiration...[sarcasm] :lol:

I AM a source of inspiration, yes. :D

You ask where the difference is; it's on how people perceive the thread's purpose. I know that when I saw this thread, I thought "So when people are stuck on a mission they can ask for help, cool that will lower the number of topics and can probably act as a general AC5 help topic, with questions other than on how to pass some missions". My first impression was, as you see, help through the main game, not an all-purpose AC5 help topic. A n00b would most likely see only that, and therefore make a separate topic when asking for something else. You already saw it once. But heck, I guess that my suggestions ar so horrible they can never be taken seriously, eh? XD :P

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts

I AM a source of inspiration, yes. :P

No, I was actually making fun of your stupid comment.. Don't take it as a compliment.. IT was really an insult.. :lol:

YF-23

YF-23

Louis Posteur

• Members
  • 4,245 posts

No, I was actually making fun of your stupid comment.. Don't take it as a compliment.. IT was really an insult.. :ph34r:

Ever heard of self-sarcasm? Though I do not consider my idea stupid...

You know what, I just seriously considered leaving the forums for a second there because you never take my ideas with the tiniest bit of seriousness. It feels as if you are biased against me and no matter what idea or suggestion I post you put it away just because I posted it. Or it could just be the same way to every other member, dunno.

Guest_gladisimo_*

Guest_gladisimo_*
  • Guests
hi, Im having trouble finding the Ace 'Dune' in Mission 10 (The one with the cargo planes and jamming). Can anyone tell me how to find him?

I've read that he appears after the announcement of the civilian attack, on the southwest corner (though the walkthrough said near where you start the mission, which would be the southeast) I searched both corners and no planes came up.

Please advise, thanks.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
That's actually pretty easy.

Aces only appear on Normal or higher, so be sure to play at least on normal.

Then I advise to pick the MiG-31M ... if you just want to shoot him down this will make the mission not last so long.

But XLAA are great, so any plane with these will do. Like Typhoon or Su-35, XMAA do the job as well though.

Get the jammers first, then the transports of the first two groups. Actually you can find and gun the jammers down before they get indicated. Try to, it's training and fun.
Then continue to hunt down enemies.

After the radio jamming, head for the southeast corner. Dune appears with high speed (for an EA-6B) and will cross the mission border. Just fly there, even if he hasn't appeared yet. Stay around the area slighty north to the cornder, he will appear. Then it'll be hard to go back and get the last targets. Thus the MiG-31(M) is a good choice.

Good luck. And welcome to ACS. <_<

Green Giant

Green Giant

• Members
  • 7,330 posts
You can use any FAst aircraft that has XLAA's. The Typhoon is good too. I sugest destroying all the fighters, he will appear in the southeast corner. Go on Afterburner, take him out, then fly back and destroy the remaining Transports.

scottishace

scottishace

Glasgow Rangers Champions Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
The Typhoon should guide people through any AA missions; good weapons, third fastest plane in the game (counting the MiG-31s as oen plane) and more mobile than an F-22 in my opinion. For ground, FB-22, MiG 1.44, Tornado Gr1 or 4, F-14B etc are all good. For air to ship there's no replacement for the F-35C.

Geist

Geist

kthxbai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
F-14B rolls like a brick, ever tried that one during "Ghosts of Razgriz"? With max score, that is ... hell it took me a lotta tries.

scottishace

scottishace

Glasgow Rangers Champions Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

F-14B rolls like a brick, ever tried that one during "Ghosts of Razgriz"? With max score, that is ... hell it took me a lotta tries.

I generally move slow and low towards the Hrimfaxi when using the F-14B, and accelerate when directly overhead the sub. That way I'm almost never hit.

Name Taker

Name Taker

Mustangs FTW

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  • Squad:Aelous Squad
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
When using a plane with A2A weapons or XAGMs, I usually go and take out the AA guns first, the SAMs aren't evil (except in GOR).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users