Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Unlocking Planes

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Funk
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
I Got ACX and it's the best ever! Only thing is I need to unlock the Fenrir still. I've only completed campaign on easy and normal mind you so I might need to do hard and ace as well, not forgetting expert.
Also, how do you unlock the special 1 colours for the namco original planes (Apalis, Fregata, XFA-27, Cariburn, Forneus, Falken)? I'm also having trouble with the X-02 spec. 1 too.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Squad:Sons of Myths and Legends
  • Plane:Fenrir
i'm pretty sure you need to beat Operation X with an 'S' rank. i'm not sure on the exact difficulty though.

Guest_Blaise_*

Guest_Blaise_*
  • Guests
I had the same trouble, so I just beat the game every which way until everything was unlocked.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Squad:Sons of Myths and Legends
  • Plane:Fenrir
okay, i need help with Fenrir. i have evry single aircraft avalible for purchase, but still i don't have it. i'm playing this on normal mode, mind you but what's going on?

also, i beat Opertaion X with S rank first-try (on normal) but i don't have any of the Special Colour 1s. waht am i doing wrong?

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
I got the Special 1 for all the namco planes (apalis, fregata etc.) and the Leasath colour for the falken after (I think) I got through hard mode once. Yea....I'm pretty sure that was it. I still don't have the Fenrir but I'm going through it on ace now so I think I'll get it when I complete it once, hopefully. Or maybe I need S on all ace missions.

To get the special 1s for all the normal planes, you need to shoot down the named aces in all the missions. Go to gamefaqs.com and you'll find out where they are.

Mobius1

Mobius1

• Members
  • 6,820 posts
  • Squad:N/A Squadron
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
To get Fenrir, you need to beat Ace at least once, and then get all planes AFAIK.

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
I unlocked the fenrir last night, yay. it's got good mobility but the missile payload is the worst ever. Say, can anyone help me with the YF-23 ace? I can't find him anywhere. There's only 2 colours I need now, and they are the YF-23 Special 1 and the Fenrir's Leasath colour. Any help with the former?

Guest_Ace of Aces_*

Guest_Ace of Aces_*
  • Guests
The YF-23 ace is in Armada, he appears when you destroy the F-35s on the first carrier, WITHOUT sinking the carrier. (So don't use the carrier wasting method to waste the F-35s), and the YF-23 ace should appear to the west of the map... I think... I can't remember...
For the Fenrir's enemy (Leasath) paintjob, I think you either have to get all the other paintjobs on the game, or if not, you have to beat Operation X on Ace with an S rank.

ACAce23

ACAce23

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Members
  • 6,704 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18C Hornet
Let's settle this.

Fenrir is unlocked by completing campaign on ACE, unlocking all missions, doing Operation X and getting S rank in Operation X. Fenrir Sp1 colour is unlocked by getting S rank, Ace difficulty on Operation X. I think i already stated those.

Please read previous posts!!! :P

Guest_Yellow Scorpion_*

Guest_Yellow Scorpion_*
  • Guests

For the Fenrir's enemy (Leasath) paintjob, I think you either have to get all the other paintjobs on the game, or if not, you have to beat Operation X on Ace with an S rank.

Yup,!..I think you're right ,!! I was working on getting the Falken maxed out to get it's paintjob..it was my last plane because I never use it, and when it hit 100%,, the Leasath paint for the Fenrir showed up....I had already gotten an S, on operation X on Ace, so that (S) wasn't the deciding factor,!.. or maybe it showed up then because I already had one of the required components ( the S)

Guest_darthfener_*

Guest_darthfener_*
  • Guests
yrygfyyg

Tomcat

Tomcat

Shooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts
All good now, thanks guys.

Mobius1

Mobius1

• Members
  • 6,820 posts
  • Squad:N/A Squadron
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

yrygfyyg

Whats this supposed to mean? And your sig is WAY too big.

NTolerance

NTolerance

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat

The YF-23 ace is in Armada, he appears when you destroy the F-35s on the first carrier, WITHOUT sinking the carrier. (So don't use the carrier wasting method to waste the F-35s), and the YF-23 ace should appear to the west of the map... I think... I can't remember...

I've tried this and still can't get the YF-23 ace to spawn. Any other ideas?

Edit: I was able to spawn the YF-23 ace by immediately killing both F-35s that spawn at the second carrier. He appeared to the north.

Axdsilva

Axdsilva

Silverstar of the Golden Altar (sounds cool eh?)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,193 posts
  • Squad:The Former X - Squadron, Lancers | Now: n/a
  • Plane:S-32 Golden Eagle

Let's settle this.

Fenrir is unlocked by completing campaign on ACE, unlocking all missions, doing Operation X and getting S rank in Operation X. Fenrir Sp1 colour is unlocked by getting S rank, Ace difficulty on Operation X. I think i already stated those.

Please read previous posts!!! ;)

Actually, finsih every mission & preform & complete Op. X on normal (B rank), I did that & I unlocked the Falken & Fenrir at the sametime :unsure:

I dunno, maybe that's just the Pal version, but it rocks :o

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle
I could use help finding the following SP1 paint schemes, they (and the Leasath Fenrir) are all that I have left to unlock:

F-5E
F-16C
F-2A
Gripen C
MiG-1.44 (Answered on previous page)

Guest_Abraxas_*

Guest_Abraxas_*
  • Guests
Ok first, I am writing this from my 24 hour old PSP so this might take a bit.

Anyway, I am a veteran AC player since Belkan War, and I unlocked all the bells and ACX is my first PSP game. So wanting to get my flight on(after spending most of the last 24 hours playing with my new toy) I started playing ACX and also printed out the guide that tells me how to reveal the Aces. So on misson 1 I did what the guide said about 8 or so times with no ace.

So before I move on to misson 2, can anyone gimme help?

Sorry to dbl post, ran out of space.

This is my first play thru and I went right to hard mode.

Also I used the guide from Gamefaqs.com

Timebandit

Timebandit

Atheist Overlord LOL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • Plane:MiG-21bis Fishbed-L

Ok first, I am writing this from my 24 hour old PSP so this might take a bit.

Anyway, I am a veteran AC player since Belkan War, and I unlocked all the bells and ACX is my first PSP game. So wanting to get my flight on(after spending most of the last 24 hours playing with my new toy) I started playing ACX and also printed out the guide that tells me how to reveal the Aces. So on misson 1 I did what the guide said about 8 or so times with no ace.

So before I move on to misson 2, can anyone gimme help?

Sorry to dbl post, ran out of space.

This is my first play thru and I went right to hard mode.

Also I used the guide from Gamefaqs.com

Geez! You wrote that on your PSP!? That must have taken ages!

What difficulty are you playing on? Because if it's under Normal, there is no Aces.

Zaku

Zaku

Veteran

• Members
  • 6,630 posts
  • Squad:FA
  • Plane:F-15SG Eagle
Um... can anyone answer my post?

Guest_Abraxas_*

Guest_Abraxas_*
  • Guests

Geez! You wrote that on your PSP!? That must have taken ages!

What difficulty are you playing on? Because if it's under Normal, there is no Aces.

I started at hard right away. Oh and yea it did take awhile haha. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users