Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat X Arena

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Angel Vixen

Angel Vixen

Dea Italiana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Squad:LuvR
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
I just got Ace Combat X and a PSP. Can
Someone fill me in how to play
with some of u?

Thankyou :)

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests
I will get my WiFi Max today! I will look for you all in Xlink.

I just got Ace Combat X and a PSP. Can
Someone fill me in how to play
with some of u?

Thankyou

Go Here. You will need a WiFi card such as WiFi Max or a Linksys WRT54G Router. The website I have given you contains all the info you need.

pimpboywannabe

pimpboywannabe

Yahh trick yahh!!! (BTW, I hate that song)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:T.1A Hawk
So how many ppl have actually played online so far? Every router ever connected to my modem never worked. My uncle went through like 3 or 4 routers already, but the internet won't work with the router and well I just wish Sony would make it possible to play online with the USB cable....

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests
I have my WiFi Max! Anybody who is looking for an opponent can PM me.

So how many ppl have actually played online so far? Every router ever connected to my modem never worked. My uncle went through like 3 or 4 routers already, but the internet won't work with the router and well I just wish Sony would make it possible to play online with the USB cable....

Get a WiFi Max. It connects to the USB port on your PC and it is highly reccomended for Xlink Kai use. You can find it at Walmart,Gamestop, and amazon.com.

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
I'm game, what's your X-Tag?

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

I'm game, what's your X-Tag?

Who are you directing your post to? If you mean me, then my Xtag is PSPKing737

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Cool, I added you, add me back. (Blue14)

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

Cool, I added you, add me back. (Blue14)

Good. I added you too.

acsam1204

acsam1204

Rookie

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Squad:looking for one
i want to play plz my id is acsam12304 ok

by the way do i have to have a wifi max to use x link cuz my psp could already go online with the internet that i got

Guest_The Ghost_*

Guest_The Ghost_*
  • Guests
i wouldnt mind tryin this out, just as soon as i get ACX for my psp tho.

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

i want to play plz my id is acsam12304 ok
by the way do i have to have a wifi max to use x link cuz my psp could already go online with the internet that i got

It depends. You can ony use a Linksys WRT54G Router, but you have to change the firmware. Otherwise, you should get a WiFi Max.

pimpboywannabe

pimpboywannabe

Yahh trick yahh!!! (BTW, I hate that song)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:T.1A Hawk
This is so gay, you have to have a wifi max or the linksys. I'm happy with my Netgear and I don't wanna screw it up. All of you wasting your money on a Wifi max to just play this game online, it's not worth it.

css

css

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Plane:F-15C Eagle
Well, considering that I bought my PSP almost exclusively for ACX it's not much and totally worth it. Although today I use it for everything the PSP can do.

Also, I know that when I'm living under my parents roof and have a part time job, laying down like 50 bucks for a wifi max isn't much at all.

Just sucks for me as I have a v5 router. :lol: (Haven't bought a wifi max as I quit my job a few months ago)

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

This is so gay, you have to have a wifi max or the linksys. I'm happy with my Netgear and I don't wanna screw it up. All of you wasting your money on a Wifi max to just play this game online, it's not worth it.

It is not a waste of money! Playing Ace Combat online has been something that I have wanted fo a long time. I spent $40 on the WiFi Max and I am happy. You can play a wide range of games with Xlink. I am going to get a Linksys router because WiFi Max isn't that good though, but I will still use the WiFi Max for Xlink.

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
Anybody up for a game of ACX multiplayer via XLink Kai tonight?

I'm game, if you guys are. I'll probably be available from 6ish-8ish p.m. EST tonight. If there isn't a separate ACX room in the PSP Arena I'll create one in the Others sub-arena and leave it open until it's time for me and the missus to watch a DVD movie.

X-tag is komatos. Looking forward to seeing a few of you there.

I've never actually had the opportunity to play (any) multiplayer game (Wipeout Pure/ACX) via XLink Kai yet so if any of you other members of the boards have it would probably help if you hosted the actual game. I've got a LinkSys WRT54G v.3 wireless router with the Kai software loaded onto (DDWRTPSP4d). My PSP is being detected when I duplicate it's MAC address as the router's MAC address, and the network is shown as reachable.

Update: I'm in there now (6:38 pm EST). I'll probably leave the room open for about 2 hours in case anyone wants to join. I'm using JKaiUI, so since there is no dedicated arena for Ace Combat X under the PSP lobby, I created a sub-arena under Other. The sub arena appears to be named after my X-tag (komatos) with the description of the room showing up as Ace Combat X (US). Feel free to join while it's open.

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

Anybody up for a game of ACX multiplayer via XLink Kai tonight?

I'm game, if you guys are. I'll probably be available from 6ish-8ish p.m. EST tonight. If there isn't a separate ACX room in the PSP Arena I'll create one in the Others sub-arena and leave it open until it's time for me and the missus to watch a DVD movie.

X-tag is komatos. Looking forward to seeing a few of you there.

I've never actually had the opportunity to play (any) multiplayer game (Wipeout Pure/ACX) via XLink Kai yet so if any of you other members of the boards have it would probably help if you hosted the actual game. I've got a LinkSys WRT54G v.3 wireless router with the Kai software loaded onto (DDWRTPSP4d). My PSP is being detected when I duplicate it's MAC address as the router's MAC address, and the network is shown as reachable.

Update: I'm in there now (6:38 pm EST). I'll probably leave the room open for about 2 hours in case anyone wants to join. I'm using JKaiUI, so since there is no dedicated arena for Ace Combat X under the PSP lobby, I created a sub-arena under Other. The sub arena appears to be named after my X-tag (komatos) with the description of the room showing up as Ace Combat X (US). Feel free to join while it's open.

I could have joined, but I wasn't on this forum yesterday. :wacko: Did you get any opponents? Anybody who wants to play can post the time their arena will be open. I'm thinking of playing around 7:00 P.M. CST today.

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

I could have joined, but I wasn't on this forum yesterday. :wacko: Did you get any opponents? Anybody who wants to play can post the time their arena will be open. I'm thinking of playing around 7:00 P.M. CST today.

Just one person came and stayed in the room. His name was Phoenix00. He was from Japan and his ping was averaging between 130 and 240. We never actually got to play a game, probably due to the high ping. He was a very gracious, patient soul who tried to help me out with getting a game going.

7 CST is 8 EST. If my wife isn't ready to watch the movie yet at that time, I'll do my best to join you in the room. I've never played a game on XLink Kai yet, so if you have we might have better luck at first if you host. I'm hoping that meeting some ACS.com members on Kai that live in the U.S. might give me a low enough ping that a game can actually be played (assuming my setup is correct).

komatos

komatos

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
Mobius 1 and I had a go at trying to get it to work. No dice. I've determined after all these tries on XLink Kai without success that I need to spend the $ and get me a USB WifiMax dongle to try and play other users instead of running Kai on my LinkSys WRT54G v.3 router. I'm in the process of chasing one down. Hopefully within the next week I'll be able to get one and then I'll post another message in this thread about my available times to try again.

Guest_Arandomsum1_*

Guest_Arandomsum1_*
  • Guests
My F-4E would make you all cry if I had a psp!

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

My F-4E would make you all cry if I had a psp!

The F-4 is the weakest aircraft in the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users