Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat X Arena

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Yes, but my FALKEN's mobility is at 100% and so is its air-to-air. All I have to do is catch you in the laser beam for less than a second and I can destory your aircraft. I have also destroyed a few X-02's in "Operation X". I can also choose between having 19 lasers or 14 long range lasers(although I havn't unlocked the long range lasers, I will soon). Look forward to a challenge later on. :lol:
A properly upgraded FALKEN would be a lot better than anything but probably a Fenrir.

Perhaps in your hands, but I don't really care for the laser in air-to-air situations, and I can't stand the Falken's gun. I also love the XFA-27's ability to launch up to four standard missiles and two QAAMs at the same time. Furthermore, the Fenrir isn't exactly a good benchmark, as the LSWBM is relativly easy to evade, and missile-happy individuals are going to run out of ammo a long time before any Falken.

By the way, I've destroyed one of the X-02s in Operation X with a frikkin F-5E (before I got a missile up my six), so nyah. :lol:

Ribbon-Red

Ribbon-Red

Manly McBeefington

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division Inc.
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE
Has anyone friggin' played yet?

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat
Well, nobody has offered. Why don't you, RR?

Ribbon-Red

Ribbon-Red

Manly McBeefington

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:9th Air Division Inc.
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE
lol, I'm asking 'cause I wanna know if it works ok. As in little lag, 'n stuff.

I'd offer, but I don't have the nifty little doodah thingy. I'll shell out the $40 later on. I just spent $560 on a weekend in the keys, lol.

Guest_Genocide_*

Guest_Genocide_*
  • Guests

Yes, but my FALKEN's mobility is at 100% and so is its air-to-air. All I have to do is catch you in the laser beam for less than a second and I can destory your aircraft. I have also destroyed a few X-02's in "Operation X". I can also choose between having 19 lasers or 14 long range lasers(although I havn't unlocked the long range lasers, I will soon). Look forward to a challenge later on. :D
A properly upgraded FALKEN would be a lot better than anything but probably a Fenrir.

Air-craft statistics don't count for much in the heat of battle, and beating the AI isn't really anything to brag about. The only way you can say for sure that you'll be victorious against me in anything is to have already done it.

Also, did you mean 14 long range missiles? Or am I missing something here?

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • 4,014 posts
Yeah, you are. There's a part specifically for the Falken to extend its laser range (or time, or both).

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Stay on Topic, people.

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

Air-craft statistics don't count for much in the heat of battle, and beating the AI isn't really anything to brag about. The only way you can say for sure that you'll be victorious against me in anything is to have already done it.

Also, did you mean 14 long range missiles? Or am I missing something here?

I have to admit. You are right that "Air-craft statistics don't count for much in the heat of battle". I agree. We will see who is truly the best in the near future. Here is the answer to your question "Also, did you mean 14 long range missiles? Or am I missing something here?" I have unlocked the part called "Laser Extender" for my Falken and I have yet to buy it. The "Laser Extender" allows me 14 extended range and extended time lasers. That means that my lasers can penetrate a longer range and the beams last longer than without the part.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Plane:F-2A Viper Zero
how many people can it fit?

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • 4,014 posts
Don't quote me on this, but I *think* that, since ACX only allows up to four people via Ad-hoc, the max amount of people that can play in a single mission via Kai is four.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
would be great if we could have about 20 or 30 for each team

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • 4,014 posts
Yeah, but that would be such a massive lag-fest that it'd be worse than trying to play, say, Battlefield 2 over a 56K connection.

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
still it would be awsome

cannt the game be moddified leagly so we could do that?

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
It's a Hard-Copy. This isn't open sourced like Computer Programs. Think about it. You believe Sony would let people poke around in their properitary media storage system?

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Okay, I've gotten this to work and played a game with somebody. AC:X is very senstive to any background programs or other things you have going on while playing make sure you have everything shut off. Also, it's very Ping Senstive as well, make sure you have no IMs, Downloads or Pageloads going on while playing.

Routers aren't a big deal, but make sure you shut your firewall off.

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests

Okay, I've gotten this to work and played a game with somebody. AC:X is very senstive to any background programs or other things you have going on while playing make sure you have everything shut off. Also, it's very Ping Senstive as well, make sure you have no IMs, Downloads or Pageloads going on while playing.

Routers aren't a big deal, but make sure you shut your firewall off.

That's great. Make sure to post in this thread: http://texas.teamxli...pic.php?t=14559. Say that you have tested ACX out and it works and tell the exact settings you used(because many people do not know the correct settings). If an Administrator reads it, they should create an ACX arena. This is what an Administrotor said on the thread I mentioned above:
Before asking for a new arena, please make sure that it works with Kai. This means that you and a friend have personally tested the game and gotten it to work. You can do this in any arena - there's nothing special about any of the PSP arenas that would make them game-specific.

If you have played the game successfully, then post here saying something like "_____ and I tested ______ on Kai and it works, please add an arena".

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*

Guest_Mobius 1-The Ace_*
  • Guests
Good news: I have just bought my WiFi Max at Amazon.com! It should be at my house in 3-5 days. ;)

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
anyone find out how many people can go in for sure?

Super Sabre

Super Sabre

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
4 people, how many times do we have to say it?

viperzerof-2

viperzerof-2

Top Gun

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
well no one ever confirmed it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users