Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rest in Piece Ace Combat Infinity

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,162 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Services will shutting down on March 31, 2018. No in-game purchases will be possible after January 9, 2018.

So tell us, what we're your thoughts on this game? Did you love it, did you hate it, what would you rate it?

Edited by Muscle Man, 08 December 2017 - 02:38 AM.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

This game was fun at release when nobody had any clue what they were doing and everyone was using shit planes. It's gotten worse as they've increased the overall plane power level and people have learnt how to play. I'm still going to feel weird when it's gone though, even though I don't play much anymore.

Isn't it funny how back at release loads of people were talking about how the game was doomed because there was no way people were going to buy fuel? I remember a lot of threads on that.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

This game was fun at release when nobody had any clue what they were doing and everyone was using shit planes. It's gotten worse as they've increased the overall plane power level and people have learnt how to play.

Pretty much this, though I didn't get to play until a few months after release. But those early days were far more enjoyable than the tryhard shitshow it turned into after, with just one or two broken setups per match clearing whole missions in 5 minutes and leaving scraps for the rest. I'd love to play those missions on my own or with one other player in true, non-competitive coop, especially the raids (being actually good versions of what were underwhelming boss fights in the PS2 games, even if they run at 15 fps), but unfortunately they're just gonna go where software goes to die. Such a waste. And the campaign may have been pretty bland overall but it still gave us Bunker Shot, so that's a waste too.

Edited by PositronCannon, 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

im glad i got to meet some of my best friends in probably the best shittiest game i've ever played

u know who u are

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Yeah Infinity got too ridiculous and unfair, specially for free players, but still, it was fun.
I'll miss it. RIP.

Edited by Grimace, 10 December 2017 - 02:08 PM.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

It was good until they stopped adding new maps and started catering to the whales. You know who the fuck you are.

Regardless, it served a purpose. F.

Swift

Swift

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Great at the start, but then the downhill descent started when the power level of the planes spiraled out of control.

Gonna miss the good ol' days where it was about more about flying a wide variety of the planes you liked rather than flying the top-tier meta plane that you pumped the most time/resources into.

Might have to take the Vent d'Ange out for one last spin before the servers go out. 

Edited by Swift, 12 December 2017 - 07:54 PM.

cegc135

cegc135

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Squad:Azure Squadron, NEU Official Elite Response Unit
  • Plane:R-101 Delphinus I

I'm going to miss my R-101 the most because I know it won't be back in Ace Combat unless they remake ACE3 which I don't see happening ever. I did have fun and good times but became quite unfriendly for use free players.

spookterchook

spookterchook

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Plane:XR-900 Geopelia

I think AC:I brought an interesting level of player interaction that AC hadn't seen yet, even with the absolutely bleh MP featured in Assault Horizon. Sometimes you got stinkers on your team, but man, when you got a crew that really knew what they were doing, you felt unstoppable. One of my fondest memories was entering a Moby Dick IV room unknowingly, and we went on to S-rank the mission. Everyone was flying fast and smart, and we absolutely devastated the enemies. Finished with something like 1:45 left on the clock, and I was the one who shot down the QFA-44 to boot. 

Great times, for sure.

Gonna miss ya, Infinity.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

I've been meaning to get back into it for one last binge since the game insists on giving me free contracts plus 3x and 5x fuel tanks (I'm now inexplicably up to 64)... I've just been burning up so much time on Battlefield 1 and Battlefront II, then Wolfenstein II, FIFA, NHL, and F1 were all half-price at Thanksgiving so I had to snatch them all up (the latter three I've maybe spent a total of an hour playing so I have a lot of catching up to do), and I even got lured back into the endless GTA V grind for awhile before finally saying 'fuck it.' I'm just going to have to make time one of these weekends for a proper sendoff, burning ALL the outstanding fuel cans on both accounts...

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Pretty much this, though I didn't get to play until a few months after release. But those early days were far more enjoyable than the tryhard shitshow it turned into after, with just one or two broken setups per match clearing whole missions in 5 minutes and leaving scraps for the rest. I'd love to play those missions on my own or with one other player in true, non-competitive coop, especially the raids (being actually good versions of what were underwhelming boss fights in the PS2 games, even if they run at 15 fps), but unfortunately they're just gonna go where software goes to die. Such a waste. And the campaign may have been pretty bland overall but it still gave us Bunker Shot, so that's a waste too.

How much better would this game have been with some proper thought and planning instead of the "OH SHIT OUR FREE PLACEHOLDER GAME HAS BECOME MORE POPULAR AND LUCRATIVE THAN WE EVER DARED TO DREAM!" and haphazardly dumped in a ton of new unbalanced airframes and features, completely fucking up the progression track and in-game economy in the process? (Medal Store, I'm looking in your direction)

Like the gone-but-not-forgotten DUST 514, ACI had a myriad of flaws, an appalling lack of foresight from the designers and a game architecture which quickly got to be too routine, too small and too undemanding as the player base bulked up their accounts... But when conditions were right and you had a round that was *ON* with everyone knowing their roles and two evenly-matched teams fighting to the wire?  Oh LordJesusGod IT WAS *ON*!

I'm going to miss this flawed little gem that for 20 consecutive months damn near had me direct depositing my paycheck into Namco's coffers... I'm kinda sad the game will end before my niece comes back to fly her pink airplane with the glitter... And I'll never comprehend the fact that I spent more time playing this simple, basic game than I did playing Black Ops, Battlefield 3, GTA IV and GT5 combined...

Edited by botafogo4life, 2 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users