Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown TGS Trailer | PS4, XB1, PC

25 replies to this topic

ScrollingLayers

ScrollingLayers

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

damn, smooth graphics and a solid 60 fps?

cant wait to play on pc :^)

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II

Nice to see maneuvers integrated smoothly into the standard gameplay. The closest thing previously was Cross Rumble and that was just teleportation magic. 

ScrollingLayers

ScrollingLayers

Noob

• Members
  • 4 posts

I hope the extra development time allows them to take advantage of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X (Scorpio).

Edited by ScrollingLayers, 4 weeks ago.

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

"hit the breaks, he'll fly right by..."

"Your gonna do what!?!"

AC7-2017

Looks like a fun feature though, I remember Ace Combats cheap knockoff twin Hawx had something similar but it threw the camera way outta place and was quirky at best.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

"hit the breaks, he'll fly right by..."

"Your gonna do what!?!"

AC7-2017

Looks like a fun feature though, I remember Ace Combats cheap knockoff twin Hawx had something similar but it threw the camera way outta place and was quirky at best.

You mean turning assistance off? That mode is actually a very fun part of HAWX, limited in potential by bad camera angles. If the camera angle did not change and not every single plane could do this (why is an A-10 capable of post-stall maneuvers), HAWX would have definitely secured a good spot among arcade flight games. The problem involved ideas that never were fully developed to max potential, which is different from AC's problem of never having any ideas that could have any decent depth for quite some time. HAWX 2 on the other hand shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Warlord6

Warlord6

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts

I wish they would just tell us the release date already.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
I don't like where this is going. It looks like DFM part 2.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

i wonder why the cobra is memed as an evasive maneuver

clearly its a maneuver to point the nose at something quickly at best

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

You mean turning assistance off? That mode is actually a very fun part of HAWX, limited in potential by bad camera angles. If the camera angle did not change and not every single plane could do this (why is an A-10 capable of post-stall maneuvers), HAWX would have definitely secured a good spot among arcade flight games. The problem involved ideas that never were fully developed to max potential, which is different from AC's problem of never having any ideas that could have any decent depth for quite some time. HAWX 2 on the other hand shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Well to be fair I never played HAWX fully, but I did hear bout the the blunder that was HAWX 2, also the lack of officially licensed aircraft always bother me for some strange reason.

I can hardly see this as DFM, this quite different actually. DFM would force a camera angle on you, and force you to fly either A, a scripted scene (which was cool the first time) Or B a rail system where you would have minimal control over the aircraft. This seems to be totally player controlled like...jumping in a FPS (for lack of a better example). thus allowing it to be used in key situations and key situations only. And god forbid but in truth I gotta hand it to ACES for at least trying to change it up....(even though it was terrible) but there is only so much you can do with flight mechanics (while trying to use real life aircraft) before you break the wall of science and physics. Honestly the "post-stall" its more similar to the "HIGH G" function In AC6 which was a fun addition, and over using it would lead to your demise. in short it was something that required so-called "skill"

i wonder why the cobra is memed as an evasive maneuver

clearly its a maneuver to point the nose at something quickly at best

I know right? These high alpha maneuvers are super cool looking at Air Shows and *coughTOPGUNcough* But in actual ACM doing anything that looses speed is death, Actual ACM is all about speed and Altitude, if you loose any of those you have lost your advantage. (90% of the time). Now an example of good high alpha use is possible with the Hornet, due to the Hornets design it has an amazing high alpha AoA ability, and even better it has excellent pitch authority during this phase of the flight envelop. (correct me if I'm wrong here) But It has been reported during some Red Flag events that the Hornet's where known for using this towards there advantage in select few engagements. But for the most part the "cobra maneuver" is a terrible idea in actual ACM as you have to first bleed off air speed before you can execute the maneuver otherwise the G load on the aircraft and the pilot will be plus 15G's or more...which is suicidal or damn near close to it.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
I know it's not DFM like in AH. My problem is how will be implemented in 7. QTE? Pulling the maneuver? How will we make a "cobra" pulling back and braking? Don't we do that already by quick turning?

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

I know it's not DFM like in AH. My problem is how will be implemented in 7. QTE? Pulling the maneuver? How will we make a "cobra" pulling back and braking? Don't we do that already by quick turning?

and will it have actual impact on gameplay

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

We don't know the details yet but Kono has said you don't just press a button, you actually need to perform the maneuvers somehow. Still looks pretty gimmicky to me, but eh, as long as it's optional. Don't even care about its implications in PvP since lol pvp in ac

Edited by PositronCannon, 3 weeks ago.

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

Yeah, it looks like you would just spam the LB "high g" button on the throttle part of the HORI HOTAS. That's works for me.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

We don't know the details yet but Kono has said you don't just press a button, you actually need to perform the maneuvers somehow. Still looks pretty gimmicky to me, but eh, as long as it's optional. Don't even care about its implications in PvP since lol pvp in ac

For me it's not as much about PvP as it is about having interesting combat dynamics that were watered down since AC 5 or even AC 4, yet somewhat made less mediocre with AC 6 and AC X. I swear it's like the arcade flight game genre is never taken seriously.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I'm more concerned about what this says about the enemy AI. For this to be useful the AI needs to frequently end in a position where it's following right behind you but not shooting you. Is that going to happen a lot? Because if it does that's kind of dumb. They should actually shoot you when you're right there, not just chill out and wait for you to press the cobra button so they can fly past you and look cool.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

I'm more concerned about what this says about the enemy AI. For this to be useful the AI needs to frequently end in a position where it's following right behind you but not shooting you. Is that going to happen a lot? Because if it does that's kind of dumb. They should actually shoot you when you're right there, not just chill out and wait for you to press the cobra button so they can fly past you and look cool.

just what ace combat needs

dumb ai yet again

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
All the posts above lmao and also very, very true.
Kudos.

Edited by Grimace, 3 weeks ago.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,173 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Speaking of TGS, 4Gamer had an interview and more gameplay impressions, which I've summarized here and here.

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

def not dogfight mode 2.0. This seems to be free flight?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users