Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The E3 2017 trailer is now up!

118 replies to this topic

ScrollingLayers

ScrollingLayers

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts

SinfulFearlessIbadanmalimbe.gif

Edited by ScrollingLayers, 09 June 2017 - 09:59 AM.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

you can see how ded this forum is since nobody even replied or viewed this thread in one hour heh...

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

looks the same as the last trailer with maybe a few more planes and characters.

im just sitting here waiting for some actual gameplay footage

Ace of Maces

Ace of Maces

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Plane:MiG-31M Foxhound-B

Gentlemen, welcome back to Farbanti.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Our new waifu has a name.

Also we appear to be fighting for the Eruseans this time around, not against them. Still doesn't make it 100% clear, which may be the point.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

0:31 - Y hulo thar agen Stonehenge.

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

aaaaayyy Kobayashi

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Am I the only one who thinks the music sounds like generic movie trailer stuff and the vocals do not mesh with the instruments at all? This is probably the first time I've been disappointed by the music in an AC trailer.

Regardless, I just wanna see gameplay.

Edited by PositronCannon, 09 June 2017 - 02:27 PM.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

What I can't stand is fans that say: "I hope (insert the ace of their favorite series) makes a return." I want completely new characters like the games before it. Not once did the main character of a series makes a return. (other than Scarface 1/ Phoenix) (I don't know how to explain Nagase appearing in AC2, AC4 and AC5 other than AC2 and AC4's is different than AC5's) The point is: Stop, just stop. This is a new game and new story. There will be new pilots, new vehicles to fly and new weapons to use. Don't get hyped on something that is not confirmed you will be sadly disappointed if you do. 

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,809 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

What I can't stand is fans that say: "I hope (insert the ace of their favorite series) makes a return." I want completely new characters like the games before it. Not once did the main character of a series makes a return. (other than Scarface 1/ Phoenix) (I don't know how to explain Nagase appearing in AC2, AC4 and AC5 other than AC2 and AC4's is different than AC5's) The point is: Stop, just stop. This is a new game and new story. There will be new pilots, new vehicles to fly and new weapons to use. Don't get hyped on something that is not confirmed you will be sadly disappointed if you do. 

You're talking about the fanbase that got turbohyped just from things like OMG OSEA OMG ERUSEA, long before knowing pretty much anything about the gameplay aspects (not that I trust the vast majority of the AC fanbase to be able to judge anything regarding gameplay in the first place). I wouldn't expect much.

Edited by PositronCannon, 09 June 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Am I the only one who thinks the music sounds like generic movie trailer stuff and the vocals do not mesh with the instruments at all? This is probably the first time I've been disappointed by the music in an AC trailer.

Yeah same. The music choice sucks. Everything else was on point, especially when you flew through Farbanti.

You're talking about the fanbase that got turbohyped just from things like OMG OSEA OMG ERUSEA, long before knowing pretty much anything about the gameplay aspects (not that I trust the vast majority of the AC fanbase to be able to judge anything regarding gameplay in the first place). I wouldn't expect much.

I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW FARBANTI!

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

I'm getting the distinct feeling that this is going to be a multi-faceted "everyone vs anyone" war with the player being able to choose sides.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Yeah same. The music choice sucks. Everything else was on point, especially when you flew through Farbanti.

For some reason I was strongly reminded of the more recent Final Fantasy games. Which would have been good for Final Fantasy, but this is Ace Combat, and Ace Combat is all about guitar riffs, orchestra, and Latin chanting.

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

I feel like it was an early version of a BGM tracked overlayed with the typical action move trailer electronically synthesized bs. Especially those stupid horn blasts near the beginning. BWAAAAAAH

Edited by daHawk, 09 June 2017 - 07:29 PM.

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

444 in Japanese means DEAD,DEAD,DEAD.

Viking_3

Viking_3

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

I have some crazy theories after watching new e3 trailer:

1) Maybe Ace Combat 7 has a path system like Ace Combat 3 with two main factions: Osea or Erusea. In the trailer you can hear: "Which path will you choose?" and the pilot girl says: "Burn Osea to the ground" and in other commentaries it seems like Osea this time are the bad guys (they destroyed Farbanti, etc). Princess Rosa Coseett D´Elise seems to be a main protagonist belonging to the good guys.

2) Trigger and the convict pilots seems to fight against Osea. That´s why their tails has three lines hiding their squadron insignias. They are a kind of new Razgriz squadron fighting both sides of the war.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Plane:E-767

All I want that points back to previous characters is the OBN piece "Aces, Demons, and Ghosts: Mysterious Heroes of the Belkan Conflict" and/or "all records from every department pertaining to the Belkan conflict" that AC5's epilogue talked about. Definitely doesn't need to be tied in to the story, but maybe delivered like the assault records or on AC7's website.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I have some crazy theories after watching new e3 trailer:

1) Maybe Ace Combat 7 has a path system like Ace Combat 3 with two main factions: Osea or Erusea. In the trailer you can hear: "Which path will you choose?" and the pilot girl says: "Burn Osea to the ground" and in other commentaries it seems like Osea this time are the bad guys (they destroyed Farbanti, etc). Princess Rosa Coseett D´Elise seems to be a main protagonist belonging to the good guys.

2) Trigger and the convict pilots seems to fight against Osea. That´s why their tails has three lines hiding their squadron insignias. They are a kind of new Razgriz squadron fighting both sides of the war.

I think the there is branching paths in the beginning but will converge in the end for one ending. I don't think there is going to be multiple endings. You may start on one side or the other but will end up with the same ending.

Anybody want to bet there is a third party involved? Because this plot screams third party involvement. (If Belka is the third party....SMH....you have officially ran out of ideas.)

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Plane:E-767

If I try to think any further in the future, it's like an early war of GR and Neucom.

SilentWings

SilentWings

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Plane:Rafale M

What if...there are no "good guys" in this game? The theme that Ace Combat 04/5/Zero and even 6 had going for it? The Ace Combat games I've played have always touched those gray areas, but haven't really made you take a choice... (Have the English version of 3, but....yeah.)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users