Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7 delayed to 2018

31 replies to this topic

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II
http://gematsu.com/2...-7-delayed-2018

"Dear Ace Combatants,

I wanted to take this opportunity to speak directly to you, our loyal Ace Combat fans, and give you a first-hand update on the launch timing for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown. The Project ACES team and I have been working hard on Ace Combat 7 and we’re determined to achieve the vision we have set for the game. In order to reach that vision, we have decided to move the launch of Ace Combat 7 to 2018.

We would have loved to launch Ace Combat 7 at the end of 2017 as we originally intended, but doing so would compromise our goal for the game. We take our art very seriously and that means we have instead chosen to devote additional time and effort to perfect and optimize this newest chapter of the Ace Combat saga.

The combination of the Unreal 4 Engine and the power of current generation consoles and PC hardware have literally opened the “skies of opportunity” to us to develop the best Ace Combat experience to-date. At no other time in Ace Combat’s 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat – such as cloud cover and air currents – or give players a new way to experience dogfights and attack sorties through hardware such as the new PlayStation VR.

We’ll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in Ace Combat 7 for the first time ever!

On behalf of the entire Project ACES team, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Kazutoki Kono – Ace Combat Franchise Director"

Ace of Maces

Ace of Maces

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Plane:MiG-31M Foxhound-B

Who knew Kono worked for Polyphony Digital?

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

Fuckin' A, disengage and extend, ...again.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken
if anybody's upset about a delayed ac7 then you're absolutely fucking retarded

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

At first I was upset, but then I smiled.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
As long as they deliver a great game.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

As long as they deliver a great game.

>great game

>ace combat

dude

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

>great game
>ace combat

dude

Oh come on!!! It only has to compete with all the previous Ace Combat.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Oh come on!!! It only has to compete with all the previous Ace Combat.

being even with shit is still shit

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Duuuuuuude don't lose hope!!!!!

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,159 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Boy, I get being down on fans, but even as a troll I'm not sure who's gonna buy the idea that Ace Combat sucks wholesale on an Ace Combat fansite. I dunno man.

if anybody's upset about a delayed ac7 then you're absolutely fucking retarded

Don't you have anything better to do than call people retarded over vidya?

At least Skope thought he was calling someone on making a legit bad life choice when he did it over in the PC port thread.

Anyway, don't do it.

Ace 117

Ace 117

VFA-32 "Fighting Swordsmen"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

Who knew Kono worked for Polyphony Digital?

Ha.....made me laugh..... :lol:

Anyways i don't see any big deal.....

SilentWings

SilentWings

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Plane:Rafale M

Go dance with the angels, mister!

But actually, good. I'd rather they take all the bloody time they need than build extreme hype over an absolute piece of sh*t.

...Deja Vu, I've been in this place before?

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Boy, I get being down on fans, but even as a troll I'm not sure who's gonna buy the idea that Ace Combat sucks wholesale on an Ace Combat fansite. I dunno man.

AC isn't even that great, it just has no competition. What other games are even in the same genre? Barely any, and the ones that do exist are all like 5 years old at least, or just bad.

The good part is that means people will be easy to please. AC7 doesn't need to be good, it just has to not be terrible like AH and people will be fine with it. Low standards will save the day.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • Plane:E-767

I was holding off on buying a new console on the anticipation of AC7 this year. Shoot, I was thinking of making the purchase this month.

Seeing that we won't be getting AC7 until 2018, I guess I'll save up some more then.

Something new about the game (another trailer, story, info, etc.) would've been great though, just to see the "progress" that they've made.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,159 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Honestly the only new info I want is concept art and in-universe magazine articles. Those would be pretty rad.

AC isn't even that great, it just has no competition. What other games are even in the same genre? Barely any, and the ones that do exist are all like 5 years old at least, or just bad.
The good part is that means people will be easy to please. AC7 doesn't need to be good, it just has to not be terrible like AH and people will be fine with it. Low standards will save the day.

That's certainly true of modern Ace Combat, but back in the day it had plenty of competition: Lethal Skies, Airforce Delta, Aero Wings, plus any number of other adjacent arcade flight game franchises set in different time periods. It may be that these games were all various genera of bad and it was just that Ace Combat was the only competent one, but if that's true, wouldn't that imply arcade jet combat games are deceptively hard to get right? Going by a purely historical context, an AC game better than ACAH would automatically be in the top tier of arcade jet combat games. This doesn't imply that Ace Combat is good, but it does imply that this kind of outlook is more than mere low standards. If Ace Combat is simply competent, then there's at least enough value in competent arcade air combat games to draw a non-insignificant audience and keep the ball rolling for two decades.

Now I personally don't buy this line of reasoning because the quality of Ace Combat games have depended largely on what team has been developing them, not any inherent qualities of the franchise except maybe a traditional focus on aesthetics and a set of solid basic gameplay design elements. "Is Ace Combat good" is therefore incoherent. As are, perhaps, any expectations based on something other than what we know about the production and what materials they've released.

…which, back on topic, makes the fact that this is being pushed back mildly concerning in the same way half everything we've been hearing about the development has been mildly concerning. But I'm no game industry expert.

AceWombat

AceWombat

Wah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II
Unsurprising, a 2017 release was always going to be a bit of a stretch. At least they're (probably) not rushing it out the door.

Hopefully they'll throw us a bone when E3 rolls around.

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Well, it just means that part of my money spending schedule is delayed. And potentially a big one, as AC7 and GTSport will be played by me on a PS VR I still don't own. And considering I already know that GTSport will be delayed even more (I'm fokin sure), the date limit was probably AC7.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Yeah, I already wanted to get FFXII TZA and Ys VIII this year so my poorfag wallet actually doesn't mind the delay. I'm more worried about the potential implications of troubled development, and the fact that I tend to enjoy the AC games with the shorter development times more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users