Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 & flight joystick compatibility question

3 replies to this topic

Razorhawk

Razorhawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Squad:looking for one
  • Plane:T-50 PAK-FA

i dont know if anyone here knows the awnser but here's the thing,

my wife got me a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS 4 for my birthday (for PS4), in anticipation for the release of AC7.
but i just wanted to know, will the game be compatible with this joystick?

here's what is looks like.

9200000053204765_8.jpg

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Can't really say much until the game has actually been released. Even if PA states that joysticks work well with the game, it doesn't mean that the joystick controls are necessarily going to be good for your particular joystick.

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

The PS4 is fully USB-compatible and the HOTAS4 is a PS4-specific device (I have the same flight stick myself). So there can be no doubt it'll work while the real question that ought be asked is whether or not PA will provide a bindable control scheme, though it'd be stupid for them not to seeing as how Sony has decided a few things... (For reference, the HOTAS 4 stick is also compatible with numerous PC games, I personally know it works with Elite: Dangerous, 'X'-series, and Star Citizen.)

Edit: That said, I would've waited to get it until after AC7 was released if I didn't have a use for it to be sure (since sometimes manufacturers may release custom/special builds for particular games that may or may not do better). But you did get it as a birthday present you say, and there's no point in look a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by Cydramech, 2 weeks ago.

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

...and for $100 more you can put your feet here:

http://www.bestbuy.c...p?skuId=5573800

Edited by ajaxle, A week ago.