Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 Coming to PC! w00t!

43 replies to this topic

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

(Like my most recent cross-system purchase, No Man's Sky. I purchased the iam8bit-exclusive Explorer's Edition for PC and the Limited Edition for PS4 simultaneously.)

my condolences

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Are you implying that this is not a proper use for modding tools?

On the contrary, this is an excellent use of modding tools.

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

my condolences

That's neither here nor there. But to say the least, I'd do it again. It was just a few hundred dollars, nothing big by my standards.

Oh and the ROI on the Explorer's Edition is gonna be huge one day, esp. as I have one of the original non-blemished packages.

Edited by Cydramech, 18 April 2017 - 07:26 PM.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

It was just a few hundred dollars, nothing big by my standards.

gibe moni plos

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

gibe moni plos

repot him

Flogger23m

Flogger23m

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

And DCS. And those games are deliberately made easy to mod.

Even so, the most I can see happening is new planes being added in mod form, if Scamco even allows that much. If not, expect a shitton of reskin mods.

Of course, the true good news is that it'll finally give Steam a decent modern air combat sim with a plot.

Though if they wanted, Ace Combat could probably have decent mod support. It is UE4, although likely heavily modified. But I'm sure if they wanted to it wouldn't be hard to make some decent mods given how many tutorials the engine has. But again, it won't happen.

Modding is at an all time low these days. Yeah, you can use UE4, but it is easier to get the ball rolling by incrementally building a mod over existing content than making a game from scratch. A lot of the good mods of past started as crappy little mods which changed a few things before picking up steam and becoming a massive project with dozens of people contributing.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Oh and the ROI on the Explorer's Edition is gonna be huge one day, esp. as I have one of the original non-blemished packages.

Are you saying that you're collecting a complete trash video game so that you can sell it one day in the future to someone would would also buy a absolutely worthless game? 

Collecting games to resell is one of the dumbest things you can possibly do. As is one day a person will appear selling the product you collect for extremely low prices killing any value since you'll have no more buyers. Great people such as Tim Atwood.

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Are you saying that you're collecting a complete trash video game so that you can sell it one day in the future to someone would would also buy a absolutely worthless game?

Collecting games to resell is one of the dumbest things you can possibly do. As is one day a person will appear selling the product you collect for extremely low prices killing any value since you'll have no more buyers. Great people such as Tim Atwood.

Most special editions these days are mass produced while we're talking about a hand-made, unblemished tin replica that only has 10,000 prints in the entire world.

Oh, and it's clearly not so dumb. Many games go for more than what they originally cost today. (You aren't just salty that you wanted a game and couldn't get it for a certain price because you weren't foreknowledgeable enough to preorder, thus had to deal with a speculator, are you?)

Meanwhile, it should be noted I would not respond further here but perhaps elsewhere on this forum about this issue should you want to continue. (And I have no patience for Youtube videos that last more than 5-7 minutes.)

Edited by Cydramech, 12 May 2017 - 04:14 AM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Most special editions these days are mass produced while we're talking about a hand-made, unblemished tin replica that only has 10,000 prints in the entire world.

gold covered shit is still shit you know

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

gold covered shit is still shit you know

but it's shiny shit and thus shit with stuff which is more valuable than shit itself

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,192 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron

Oh, and it's clearly not so dumb. Many games go for more than what they originally cost today. (You aren't just salty that you wanted a game and couldn't get it for a certain price because you weren't foreknowledgeable enough to preorder, thus had to deal with a speculator, are you?)

Meanwhile, it should be noted I would not respond further here but perhaps elsewhere on this forum about this issue should you want to continue. (And I have no patience for Youtube videos that last more than 5-7 minutes.)

I would explain why that's fucking retarded, but I have a feeling you're the kind of person that would think taking out a mortgage to buy stupid shit is a good idea.

Collectible tat meant to drum up hype and get people to pre-order is damn near a scam. OH IT'S GOING TO HAVE VALUE SOME DAY! Maybe. But, in reality, this is what's happening:

1.) First generation retard pre-orders game, gets stupid plastic statue. They will trump it up with as much qualifiers as "LIMITED EDITION" and "HANDMADE" to make it seem like it has value.

2.) Retard gets his junk and feels happy for a while.

3.) Retard finally comes to a realization that the collectible is a worthless pile of plastic crap, valued exponentially higher than it's actually worth.

4.) Retard puts it on eBay and hopes someone even dumber than him buys into the bullshit and he can get some of that cash back.

That's just for silly special editions. It isn't an investment; you're buying a toy for much more than it's worth. If a scalper wants an unreasonable amount of money for a game or anything game related, you tell them to eat 20 different dicks and keep your money. There will always be cheaper alternatives.

And seriously, what games existed in the era of mass-preorders and aren't readily available for less than launch price? In an age of increasing dependency upon digital distribution, that'll be hilarious to watch.

EDIT: I take back everything I said because I have a bridge to sell you, Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

Edited by Skope Hogan, 13 May 2017 - 07:27 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,171 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

a) It'd be nice to get some data in here. Skope's position certainly seems right in my experience, but my reasons for thinking so are simply anecdotal or derived from first principles. (I say, not caring enough to actually do the research myself)

Cy, have you actually made profit on this before?

b) Obviously I'm about to tell you not to call people retards, but let's set that aside for now. It's actually that first line which gives me pause. Bluntly, not only is it impolite, but it's existence in your post is a mistake. At best it just makes Cy mad and recalcitrant, but I'm also pretty sure you want him to agree with you because you're right, not because you've cast your position as a signifier of being a member of a higher intellectual strata. I'm sure you didn't intend to use it as a rhetorical instrument - Valk might've made that claim, but I don't think you would - but that is pretty literally what you said: there is a threshold to being able to understand the truth which you are necessarily above and Cy, if he does not now agree, is below.

(But also don't call people retards)

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

Hoping you get a substantial "ROI" to justify purchasing multiple copies of a video game at launch, especially a super hyped and popular one, is beyond just looking like a duck or quacking like a duck.

It's making a ducksuit, going to conventions in said suit, and buying commissions of your duck identity to post on FurAffinity. 

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,171 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Hoping you get a substantial "ROI" to justify purchasing multiple copies of a video game at launch, especially a super hyped and popular one, is beyond just looking like a duck or quacking like a duck.

It's making a ducksuit, going to conventions in said suit, and buying commissions of your duck identity to post on FurAffinity. 

Hehe.

The issue isn't that I don't think there's something hilariously fucked up going on with that reasoning, it's that ACS isn't the kind of place where calling each other retards should happen. It's the kind of place where saying "there's something hilariously fucked up going on with that reasoning" should happen.

Is that a prescriptive statement and not a descriptive one? Yes.

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 28 posts

a) It'd be nice to get some data in here. Skope's position certainly seems right in my experience, but my reasons for thinking so are simply anecdotal or derived from first principles. (I say, not caring enough to actually do the research myself)

Cy, have you actually made profit on this before?

B) Obviously I'm about to tell you not to call people retards, but let's set that aside for now. It's actually that first line which gives me pause. Bluntly, not only is it impolite, but it's existence in your post is a mistake. At best it just makes Cy mad and recalcitrant, but I'm also pretty sure you want him to agree with you because you're right, not because you've cast your position as a signifier of being a member of a higher intellectual strata. I'm sure you didn't intend to use it as a rhetorical instrument - Valk might've made that claim, but I don't think you would - but that is pretty literally what you said: there is a threshold to being able to understand the truth which you are necessarily above and Cy, if he does not now agree, is below.

I'll repeat myself: I will not respond further here but perhaps elsewhere on this forum about this issue should you want to continue.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Why does that piece of shit of No man's sky gets even mentioned here in the first place?

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

Why does that piece of shit of No man's sky gets even mentioned here in the first place?

Nerds, man.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force

It's a reminder why you should never believe hype until the reviews come in at the absolute earliest.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

It's a reminder why you should never believe hype until the reviews come in at the absolute earliest.

This.

zeeman

zeeman

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Any word on peripherals support?

Would be great if we could put our Simulation gear to use.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users