Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 Coming to PC! w00t!

14 replies to this topic

Silent Death

Silent Death

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

I'm amazed there's not more buzz about this news around here...or any buzz about this news around here.

Nevertheless, I'm excited!  Gotta say, as a new (and very poor) inductee into the PC Master Race, I could not be happier!  Huzzah to saving over $400 on a now-unnecessary console and possibly PSN!

News from Namco-Bandai itself:

https://www.bandaina...t-7-xbox-one-pc

And from a reputable gaming news outlet:

https://www.rockpape...ting-to-pc-too/

Edited by Silent Death, 13 February 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

It was already mentioned in the AC 7 thread. People just said things along the lines of "cool" and moved on, going back to their typical nerd lives waiting for the next fart of information coming from Bandai Namco's buttocks.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Wait, they're making AC7?

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Wait, AC isn't dead?

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

>ACS >caring about AC

nope can't have that

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767
The S stands for shitpost.

It's nice to see AC coming to PC. Might get two copies of the game now - the other being PS4.

It's funny how excited people are for *mods*. We don't even know how easy it will be to mod, if at all.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

The S stands for shitpost.

It's nice to see AC coming to PC. Might get two copies of the game now - the other being PS4.

It's funny how excited people are for *mods*. We don't even know how easy it will be to mod, if at all.

Well it's namco so expect denuvo, iirc it has something that can prevent mods does it not? If that's true just wait for CPY to crack it I guess.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,137 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

If not, there's always Project Wingman. No way that won't be modable.

But yeah. AC7 for PC. Might be nice. I guess easier ports is another advantage of NamDai using Unreal.

Flogger23m

Flogger23m

Rookie

• Members
  • 49 posts

Glad about this as I can buy a copy now.

Well it's namco so expect denuvo, iirc it has something that can prevent mods does it not? If that's true just wait for CPY to crack it I guess.

Almost no one will make a mod for a cracked only copy. But it only prevents certain mods that need to use/modify the exe in some way. Or something similar. I am sure skins and the like will be doable. But as this is a traditionally console company, I expect the game to be entirely locked down. Few games allow for more than texture editing these days. ArmA, Fallout and Skyrim are about the only things I can think of. Even then, that is nothing like Red Orchestra for UT2004 or Insurgency for HL2.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Almost no one will make a mod for a cracked only copy. But it only prevents certain mods that need to use/modify the exe in some way. Or something similar. I am sure skins and the like will be doable. But as this is a traditionally console company, I expect the game to be entirely locked down. Few games allow for more than texture editing these days. ArmA, Fallout and Skyrim are about the only things I can think of. Even then, that is nothing like Red Orchestra for UT2004 or Insurgency for HL2.

Ah, the days where vidya was just being accepted as mainstream for once. Devs were too new to find ways to maximize profit and so mods just became totally standard. But alas, how would one have higher revenue if people stick to the same game that's deteriorating in value over time?

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Glad about this as I can buy a copy now.

And DCS. And those games are deliberately made easy to mod.

Even so, the most I can see happening is new planes being added in mod form, if Scamco even allows that much. If not, expect a shitton of reskin mods.

Of course, the true good news is that it'll finally give Steam a decent modern air combat sim with a plot.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

And DCS. And those games are deliberately made easy to mod.

Even so, the most I can see happening is new planes being added in mod form, if Scamco even allows that much. If not, expect a shitton of reskin mods.

Of course, the true good news is that it'll finally give Steam a decent modern air combat sim with a plot.

Though the standards for the genre the Ace Combat series falls under are already pretty damn low.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,182 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron

I'm more skeptical.

The PC port of ACAH was a shitshow even by the standards of that abysmal turd of a game, despite the handwringing of wiki editors who are walking Great Clips refunds.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force

I'm more skeptical.

The PC port of ACAH was a shitshow even by the standards of that abysmal turd of a game, despite the handwringing of wiki editors who are walking Great Clips refunds.

In its defense, Namco is known for awful PC ports, and ACAH wasn't much loved to begin with, so they probably didn't bother fixing it like they did with Meme Souls.

Tempest

Tempest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,014 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Currently console-less, so: good. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users