Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The "AC7 Hype" Series Marathon Livestream (January 6th-8th)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Yeah, Broth3r and I are doing it again. Last time was fun -if somewhat exhausting- so why the hell not? As the name implies, the "official reason" is a celebration of AC7 being confirmed for not dead in the water, though in reality it's mostly just a convenient excuse. My original idea was to do it when AC7 got a release date, but... yeah, "2017" is good enough for me. And the recent release of AC3's English patch definitely helped.

We'll be streaming every AC campaign we have access to in order (of release date) during the course of the next weekend and, once again, try not to die IRL. As something new this time around, we're planning to have some more viewer participation when it comes to branching missions and such. The chat is half of it, so feel free to tune in whenever and hang out.

The (very) rough and subject-to-change schedule will be something like this:

Friday 6th (starting around 4 PM UTC):

• Air Combat (played by Broth3r)
  • Ace Combat 2 (played by me)
  • Ace Combat 3 (played by Broth3r)

Saturday 7th (starting around 1 PM UTC):

• Ace Combat 04 (played by me)
  • Ace Combat 5 (played by me, I'll sacrifice myself once again)
  • Ace Combat Zero (played by Broth3r in all its PCSX2 glory)
  • Ace Combat X (played by Broth3r)

Sunday 8th (starting around 1 PM UTC):

• Ace Combat 6 (played by me, only I am allowed to dance with them angels)
  • Ace Combat: Joint Assault (played by Broth3r, my condolences)
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (played by Broth3r, ditto)
  • Ace Combat Infinity (played by me)

Timezone converter here.

And most importantly, the stream will be hosted at https://www.twitch.tv/positroncannon2. I'll post here before we go live, or if you have a Twitch account, you can follow the channel for email notifications if you want and just unfollow whenever.

For starters, you can vote on your preferred AC3 faction/path and ACZ Ace Style. For other stuff we'll probably do it on the fly.

Edited by PositronCannon, 31 December 2016 - 03:26 PM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,842 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Will you guys be on Voice? Just curious since that'd probably be easier than pausing to reply in the chatbox. Also are you guys physically meeting up for it?

Edited by Scherzo, 31 December 2016 - 07:13 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

I've considered it, but not planning to on my end, partly because my mic is a piece of crap and partly because I'm terrible at actually talking. :) And nah, not meeting in person or anything.

Edited by PositronCannon, 31 December 2016 - 08:14 PM.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Will you guys be on Voice? Just curious since that'd probably be easier than pausing to reply in the chatbox. Also are you guys physically meeting up for it?

To be honest, speaking for myself, I'm a believer in raw gameplay. Personally, I actually enjoy making commentary, but it's quite aggravating how it's become almost mandatory for any gaming-related content. It's almost impossible to find gameplay without it. It's a valid tool for personalities who are followed for themselves and not for their gameplay, but those are few, and I find it hilarious to see people acting as if they're bigshots with 2 or 3 digit subscribers. I'm not - I'm just a good play who likes to have fun and like to show it to the world.

Answering questions live is possibly the most valid use of commentary, though, but we'll pass on it for now. We'll probably both be on at most times in any case.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

And we are now live with day 1, starting with Air Combat.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

/Day 1. We ended up playing up to a bit less than halfway through AC04, to avoid Day 2 being a nightmare with 4 full games including the longest game in the series. : D

Stuff will resume tomorrow around 1 PM UTC.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Day 2 now live (only 50 minutes behind schedule!), starting with AC04's Deep Strike. Plan is to do AC5, ACZ and ACX after that.

Edited by PositronCannon, 07 January 2017 - 08:52 AM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

And that's day 2. Lessons learned: it's 2017 and AC5 is still terrible, holy shit my brain is numb from this game. Starting with ACZ tomorrow at the same time, and hopefully we'll be able to finish everything, though that'll probably be a tough one.

Edited by PositronCannon, 07 January 2017 - 11:53 PM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Lessons learned: it's 2017 and AC5 is still terrible, holy shit my brain is numb from this game.

why are you killing your brain cells with such an experience instead of good old strong alcohol

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

So, mostly courtesy to AC5 being abhorrently long, we couldn't get everything finished yesterday. But we finish what we start. Day 3+1! Starting with AH, and we'll round it off with some AC6 AoA.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Yeah AC5 you did great lmao.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,906 posts

Just wanted to leave a final thank you to everyone who came out, we had an absolute blast, and we already have a few ideas of what to do - and what we improve - in the future for this sort of stuff. Though of course, don't expect this kind of thing more than once a year - it really is exhausting, but damn if it's not worth it.

And a reminder: Gelb Squadron best squadron.

Georgia Ace

Georgia Ace

New and improved

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet

Freaking work making me miss the streams. Working retail is like the worst thing ever . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users