Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ACAH Behind the Scenes: 'Destroy to Create' and a Retrospective

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Funny, that's actually my favorite mission in the game (not like that's saying much) along with Pipeline because they're the only jet missions that have both air and ground targets while also lacking any Lead TGTs. Of course, the mission structure is still shit and the ground targets are all set up in perfect straight lines, but yeah, gotta lower my standards a bit.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,822 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
Like I dunno what happened, I enjoyed it well enough five years ago but missions I remember liking like Dubai are just kind of meh now.

Like tbh AC5 when it wasn't doing gimmick shit has at worst mediocre pacing. ACAH's pacing is outright bad, like holy shit do these missions feel simultaneously bloated and substanceless at the same time.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,822 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Aaaaand donezo. Well that wasn't complete waste of my time or anything...

I think at this point I've mostly exhausted things to say, but man this was kind of a bummer. I think when I get home this weekend I'll replay AC5 straight away just see how that plays in direct comparison. I don't think it was anywhere near as rote as this.

Also funny thing @PC; Natsuki Isaki, AC6's director, was the gameplay design lead on ACAH. 

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,789 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon
Also funny thing @PC; Natsuki Isaki, AC6's director, was the gameplay design lead on ACAH.

I know, it's one of those things that make me wonder how much of a factor the staff involved actually is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users