Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Playstation Experience Showcase 2016 (Dec 3., 1 PM E.S.T.): Final Option

207 replies to this topic

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

premium f15 only 26.95 us doughler

basic mission and functions pack only 49.99

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Poor Kono-san, he want to keep it as a secret but Sony blowed it anw XD

https://twitter.com/...625142698733568

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
The fact that it's playable despite basically not existing for the past year is like what? Not a particular inspiring impression of the game's quality.

Maybe the rest of us will get a demo? Kind of doubt it though.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Poor Kono-san, he want to keep it as a secret but Sony blowed it anw XD

https://twitter.com/...625142698733568

Kono is a bunch of sticks that can't even manage his team properly and complains too much.

Thank god Sony announced it before god knows when he was planning to announce it. oh wow he was planning to wait for the day PSX starts to announce this. What a fucking moron. This is not how you market a shitty ass niche game that barely gets notice.

Edited by Kaiten Sushi-kun, 24 November 2016 - 12:04 AM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts
Yeah I'm with Kaiten. He doesn't seem to realize that for niche games communication with your audience is key. AC7 isn't Mass Effect or GTA, it can't expect to wow people by just showing up. That was last year's trailer's fundamental issue; it was Participation Award The Trailer.

The only people who're hella excited about AC7 are weirdos like me.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

the fact that kono doesnt even understand how his own ip is seen among people is pretty sad

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

I mean, I don't know if he's really to blame because the 'surprise' angle could have been some corporate fiat, but he doesn't seem to understand how important expectations are to marketing video games, and how little mindshare Ace Combat actually occupies. I think he sees the AC FB Community and r/AceCombat and goes "I am the curator of a popular global franchise" without any awareness that it is a pittance compared to even say, I dunno, Wargames for insistence, in terms of actually engaged players. To the extent that an average gamer is even aware of Ace Combat, it probably starts and ends at "Oh yeah the PS2 games were pretty neat". ACAH was a dud, and ACI barely was covered at all in North America. This IP has been astoundingly mismanaged since AC6.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

I mean, I don't know if he's really to blame because the 'surprise' angle could have been some corporate fiat, but he doesn't seem to understand how important expectations are to marketing video games, and how little mindshare Ace Combat actually occupies. I think he sees the AC FB Community and r/AceCombat and goes "I am the curator of a popular global franchise" without any awareness that it is a pittance compared to even say, I dunno, Wargames for insistence, in terms of actually engaged players. To the extent that an average gamer is even aware of Ace Combat, it probably starts and ends at "Oh yeah the PS2 games were pretty neat". ACAH was a dud, and ACI barely was covered at all in North America. This IP has been astoundingly mismanaged since AC6.

It really seems that he does overestimate the popularity of the Ace Combat series. The amount of Ace Combat copies sold around the world in total make it more of a cult classic and not a true heavy hitter like what Battlefield would be. If we assume Kono's training was the case of a corporation that has products with very high popularity, then that would explain why he's screwing up like so.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Kono is a bunch of sticks that can't even manage his team properly and complains too much.

Thank god Sony announced it before god knows when he was planning to announce it. oh wow he was planning to wait for the day PSX starts to announce this. What a fucking moron. This is not how you market a shitty ass niche game that barely gets notice.

Agreed. Maybe they were scared of overhyping it like acah and infinity...given the backlash. But it's still poor marketing for a VR and next gen console title...

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

scared of overhyping it like infinity

Nk7WJhQ.jpg

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

https://twitter.com/...810961657016320

new tweet from Kono

Nk7WJhQ.jpg

Do you not remember the month long teasing? It was over hyping for the fandom that's for sure. Didn't mean overhyping like for COD etc

Edited by Orcagirl, 24 November 2016 - 10:42 AM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,162 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Yeah I'm with Kaiten. He doesn't seem to realize that for niche games communication with your audience is key. AC7 isn't Mass Effect or GTA, it can't expect to wow people by just showing up. That was last year's trailer's fundamental issue; it was Participation Award The Trailer.

The only people who're hella excited about AC7 are weirdos like me.

I tried to kinda tacitly bring up how western AC fans percieve things when he was posting about the other translator from r/acecombat, but as you can see he never replied. A shame.

https://twitter.com/...810961657016320

new tweet from Kono

But anyway, I'm incredibly grateful for everyone so ardently anticipating Ace Combat 7. Thank you all. My deepest apologies for making you wait. People would be saying "Aren't you guys working on it at all?" and it'd make me feel so powerless. I hope the next announcement pleases you.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

"Aren't you guys working on it at all?" LOL XD, exactly what i thought last months

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

What exactly are you saying in what you tweeted to him? He sorta seems to be replying to that sentiment in the newest tweet.

Like honestly the fact that it's playable at PSX worries me more than it reassures me.   It makes me question the sort of marketing support Namdai is putting behind it. And marketing does matter, Titanfall 2 has bombed, for example, in large part because EA failed to support it the same way they have BF1 (which has had probably the best showing of any Battlefield ever).

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,162 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

What exactly are you saying in what you tweeted to him? He sorta seems to be replying to that sentiment in the newest tweet.

It's alright. English grammar is awful after all. lol

There's a lot of interest in AC's production in English-speaking fan circles too. I'm not the translator from reddit, but I try and do it for other sites now and then, and everyone speculates about the current situation with production. Even though they don't know anything about the game industry. lol

From the outside, compared to ACEINF, ACEVCOMBAT7's production is interesting.* VR seems super tough.

*"interesting" here can also mean "funny" or "odd"

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

To be fair, it's not like ACEINF's production was transparent either.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

im not sure i know of any other game dev that tries to be so secret it releases trailers the day after patches hit

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

*"interesting" here can also mean "funny" or "odd"

I don't have to be knowledgeable about the game industry to be able to perceive shitty project management, PR, and business decisions.

There's speculation for the sake of it, and then there's speculation because they haven't provided any reasonable amount of information within a reasonable timeframe. Kono feels powerless because people thinks they haven't done shit? Maybe he should actually do his job once in a while and put his Twitter to actual use instead of bitching and basking in the glory that autists shower upon him for existing.

Edited by Kaiten Sushi-kun, 24 November 2016 - 02:55 PM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,831 posts

I don't have to be knowledgeable about the game industry to be able to perceive shitty project management, PR, and business decisions.

There's speculation for the sake of it, and then there's speculation because they haven't provided any reasonable amount of information within a reasonable timeframe. Kono feels powerless because people thinks they haven't done shit? Maybe he should actually do his job once in a while and put his Twitter to actual use instead of bitching and basking in the glory that autists shower upon him for existing.

Well to be fair, he's to some extent at the mercy of Namdai corporate in terms of how much promotion AC7 receives. My inkling is that Bandai was focused this year on promoting Xenoverse and other projects; though the fact that it's playable is a bit disconcerting.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

Well to be fair, he's to some extent at the mercy of Namdai corporate in terms of how much promotion AC7 receives. My inkling is that Bandai was focused this year on promoting Xenoverse and other projects; though the fact that it's playable is a bit disconcerting.

Nothing stops him from using personal channels to unofficially promote the game. It's not likely that scamco has him on an NDA after the game has been announced.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users