Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recommend me a 4AGM/6AAM machine

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

I'm a free player (well, except for buying a few slots), so I really can't dump tons of fuel into the mega-planes.  But I get in my 5-6 sorties a day, so I can plug away at the lower and intermediate ones. I've got pretty much the whole research tree unlocked, and if I don't own a normal plane, I've at least unlocked it. 

I'm currently leaning heavy on my Su-34 Black Duck (level 8, 4AGM at level 5) and X-02 Tiger (level 6, 6AAM at level 5).  I'd be happy continuing to level these two, but I wondered if I should start levelling another plane to catch up with these two if there's more potential. 

I'm pretty happy with the 4AGM/6AAM combo;  I still fart around with other planes, and I tried making the T-50 my fighter of choice, but I just can't stand the 4AAM in comparison.

Any advice?  Or am I pretty much solid with these two planes?

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Su-34 -BD- is already perfect for 4AGMs, since it's high-tier, and it's an attacker (meaning a 60% damage bonus and usually has more ammo than multiroles of the same tier). Having said that, you pretty much NEED a long-range A2G craft too, and LAGMs are completely overshadowed by LASMs and LACMs at this stage, so I might recommend levelling up a high-tier craft with those (or the Tornado/F-2, both attackers with plenty of potential once you level 'em up, and since they're low-tier, they're cheap). As for 6AAMs, Wyvern's solid with its speed, agility and huge ammo capacity, to the point of being meta, although it might fall-flat in hard mode, where a fighter may do better, again due to the big damage advantage. (If you're F2P and looking for a good 6AAM fighter, Typhoon and Su-35 are your friends, especially the latter which has them right off the bat, and is unusually cheap for a 700 Cst craft)

Edited by AceOfAces, 03 September 2016 - 03:20 PM.

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Where would the extra range be worth the trade-off?  I can think of the Hrimfaxi sub mid-stage boss, and some parts of Avalon Dam, the naval fleet special raid (and NTDM), and then I'm drawing a blank.

I mean, I certainly would enjoy more range on the 4AGM, but the Su-34 seems fast enough (with extra parts) to close the distance fast enough to target that long-range planes might only get one extra salvo than me.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Weapons Base Assault, Aerospace Centre Defence, Dubai Night Assault, Alps Air Corridor, to name a few (possibly Excalibur and Stonehenge, once the jammers are down or you bring your A-game in dumb-firing). Or maybe just any context where last enemies are being cleaned up, but the last enemies are on the other side of the map. Not to mention, the long-range weapons all do much more damage than 4AGMs, so in a hunt for SP enemies, they're gonna laugh at your 4AGMs. Also, 4AGMs have no splash, even if they can target 4 enemies, so for example, a long-range splash weapon could kill a cluster in one-direction of the map, then do the same in another.

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Man, the LACM ammo capacity :(

Better start working on that Tornado then

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Black Duck is all you need for anti ground. You don't have a great weapon for taking out groups, but you're still good enough. Don't bother with any other attackers, you're good as you are.

Tiger Wyvern is pretty bad since it doesn't high G turn well and has specials that are more suitable for a fighter, so you'd probably be better off with another plane. MiG35 or F35A work. The Blaze F14 from the medal shop would be really good if you can afford it. It used to be 600 cost before they buffed it, and they never updated the price/amount of points to grind extra slots, so it's way cheaper to upgrade than you'd expect. Either of the Mobius Typhoons would be alright too and cost less medals to buy, though they'll need more credits to actually level. If you somehow have 100 medals you could just go for Gryphus/Reaper/Scarface Flanker/Prototype F35, but I expect you don't.

Su-34 -BD- is already perfect for 4AGMs, since it's high-tier, and it's an attacker (meaning a 60% damage bonus and usually has more ammo than multiroles of the same tier). Having said that, you pretty much NEED a long-range A2G craft too, and LAGMs are completely overshadowed by LASMs and LACMs at this stage, so I might recommend levelling up a high-tier craft with those (or the Tornado/F-2, both attackers with plenty of potential once you level 'em up, and since they're low-tier, they're cheap).

Stop being ridiculous. LAGM is only a tiny bit worse than LASM and is better than LACM half the time, so levelling an additional plane just for them is a huge waste. Are you trying to sabotage this guy or what?

Edited by Brain Golem, 03 September 2016 - 09:14 PM.

Shiro

Shiro

CG PLANES WHEN BAMCO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

Hibiki is all you need for anti ground. You don't have a great weapon for taking out groups, but you're still good enough. Don't bother with any other attackers, you're good as you are.

Tiger Wyvern is pretty bad since it doesn't high G turn well and has specials that are more suitable for a fighter, so you'd probably be better off with another plane. Makoto's pretty good. The Miki Su-33 from collaboration drops would be really good if you can afford it. It used to be 675 cost before it receives love, and becomes 800cst tier when you level 20 it, so it's way cheaper to upgrade than you'd expect. Either of the Futami twins would be alright too and cost less money to upgrade, though they'll need more credits to actually level. If you somehow have all the passion and dedication like a true producer you could just go for imas b-2, but I expect you don't.

Thanks for the pro-tip brian. You've put me in the right path and I hope others follow your advice as well.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Stop being ridiculous. LAGM is only a tiny bit worse than LASM and is better than LACM half the time, so levelling an additional plane just for them is a huge waste. Are you trying to sabotage this guy or what?

Apart from ammo, and possibly reload (both fixed by the Ammo+Reload part), the LACM has LAGM beat in every way, and the LASM not only has higher damage, but has the 50% bonus against ships (which are SP more often than not), and has the parts for Range+Speed meaning even on maps like WBA the LASM can outperform. Talking like a know-it-all won't actually make you know-it-all. ;)

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Apart from ammo, and possibly reload (both fixed by the Ammo+Reload part), the LACM has LAGM beat in every way

Ammo is still shit even with ammo L, especially at low levels (which he will be for a while since he's new). Reload is still worse than LAGM since LAGM can take reload parts too. Being able to rapid fire is pretty important when you get a second phase with high value targets that you want to kill now before someone else takes them.

and the LASM not only has higher damage, but has the 50% bonus against ships (which are SP more often than not), and has the parts for Range+Speed meaning even on maps like WBA the LASM can outperform. Talking like a know-it-all won't actually make you know-it-all.  ;)

LASM damage isn't hugely relevant since BD LAGM does enough damage to one shot gun towers/hard mode bunkers/corvettes even without parts. Being better against ships is an advantage but isn't huge outside Aerospace, and levelling a plane just for one map isn't worth it. The range/speed part is bad and you shouldn't take it.

You're also glossing over the fact that the BD is vastly better than the Tornado/F2 since it's 725 cost. Flies way better, starts with way more slots, does more damage. You're recommending this guy level a whole new plane which will perform badly compared to what he's used to just so he can have a weapon that's only a tiny bit better than what he already has, and that he doesn't even like compared to 4AGM so he'll rarely use. Your advice is terrible. Stop giving terrible advice.

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Hmmm thanks for the tip.  I do like that F14.

I have 65 medals so far, just  geeking out a few a week.  Probably not worth waiting until I hit 100.

]The Blaze F14 from the medal shop would be really good if you can afford it. It used to be 600 cost before they buffed it, and they never updated the price/amount of points to grind extra slots, so it's way cheaper to upgrade than you'd expect. Either of the Mobius Typhoons would be alright too and cost less medals to buy, though they'll need more credits to actually level. If you somehow have 100 medals you could just go for Gryphus/Reaper/Scarface Flanker/Prototype F35, but I expect you don't.

Edited by GD_American, 04 September 2016 - 01:13 PM.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Black Duck is all you need for anti ground. You don't have a great weapon for taking out groups, but you're still good enough. Don't bother with any other attackers, you're good as you are.

Tiger Wyvern is pretty bad since it doesn't high G turn well and has specials that are more suitable for a fighter, so you'd probably be better off with another plane. MiG35 or F35A work. The Blaze F14 from the medal shop would be really good if you can afford it. It used to be 600 cost before they buffed it, and they never updated the price/amount of points to grind extra slots, so it's way cheaper to upgrade than you'd expect. Either of the Mobius Typhoons would be alright too and cost less medals to buy, though they'll need more credits to actually level. If you somehow have 100 medals you could just go for Gryphus/Reaper/Scarface Flanker/Prototype F35, but I expect you don't.

Agreed... The Black Fullback is pretty stronk and you can make dual 4AGM/LAGM builds out of it...

And the Tiger Wyvern is a dog because it gives up a shitload of agility for a slightly higher ammo count (although it does look cool) ... I'm about to swap it back out for the standard version.

And damn near any of the special F-14A variants will work for a 6AAM kite... Or you can be a cool kid like me and fly the unloved Jolly Roger F-14D  :lol:

Edited by botafogo4life, 09 September 2016 - 04:22 PM.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

And damn near any of the special F-14A variants will work for a 6AAM kite...

Not really. For 6AAM fighters you want to be 675 cost minimum, since that's as low as you can go and still be able to one shot Fulcrums with light SP damage or missile kit L. Any lower and you need to use SP damage M/L and that sucks. You also need to be 725 cost or higher to one shot hard Fulcrums with damage L, though I guess that's not a big deal since barely anyone uses 6AAMs on hard.

There are only two real choices when it comes to Tomcats, and those are Blaze and R1. The rest aren't worth it. They cost more to upgrade and they perform worse. Not worth it at all.

Tongates

Tongates

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Plane:Su-25 Frogfoot

Su-34 for all reasons mentioned above.

I'd take the Su-35 over the Typhoon. Cause... Thrust vectoring nozzles.

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Unfortunately the BD hasnt a black belly, too.

I think this issue was discussed before, but for sub 1500 rooms: Is it better to have a full slotted low base cast or a high base cost frame with less body, weapon etc. parts?

For 1500 i use a level 13 frogfoot as 4agm platform. That one is always good for a surprise. I wonder. I dont level it just because i am already at 1496 with all parts.

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Took a week of ringu battle but got the F-14 Blaze up to level 4.  Took it for a spin around B7R and was very happy with it.  Feel like I can finally start actually going after red aircraft (in the Tiger X-02 I was just garbage picking).  Very happy with the advice.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

I think this issue was discussed before, but for sub 1500 rooms: Is it better to have a full slotted low base cast or a high base cost frame with less body, weapon etc. parts?

In TDM a levelled up fighter with most of the parts stripped seems to be the best option - just from what I've observed with what other players r doing (& I do it myself). But there's so many variables it's hard to be sure. Experiment & see what works best for u.

It's probably the same in co-op, but I use low tier planes with 7 parts in 1,500 rooms because where else am I gonna use them?

Took a week of ringu battle but got the F-14 Blaze up to level 4. Took it for a spin around B7R and was very happy with it. Feel like I can finally start actually going after red aircraft (in the Tiger X-02 I was just garbage picking). Very happy with the advice.

A fine choice!

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

In TDM a levelled up fighter with most of the parts stripped seems to be the best option - just from what I've observed with what other players r doing (& I do it myself). But there's so many variables it's hard to be sure. Experiment & see what works best for u.

It's probably the same in co-op, but I use low tier planes with 7 parts in 1,500 rooms because where else am I gonna use them?

Well, a low-tier level 13 should have better reload and homing than high tier level 8 plane, right?

ChimeraFoxAurora

ChimeraFoxAurora

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
F-35A for 6AAMs, it has more arms slots than the Mig-35, and built in stealth. Stick with your SU-34 for 4AGMs. But you definitely want to replace that X-02 Tiger, because it's bugged. It has the turning capabilities of an attacker, and it looks like there won't be any updates to fix that soon. It's going to require level 20 plus mobility parts to fix it, and as a free player that's out of your reach in a short timeframe unfortunately. But if you do fine with it, then stick with it.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Not really. For 6AAM fighters you want to be 675 cost minimum, since that's as low as you can go and still be able to one shot Fulcrums with light SP damage or missile kit L. Any lower and you need to use SP damage M/L and that sucks. You also need to be 725 cost or higher to one shot hard Fulcrums with damage L, though I guess that's not a big deal since barely anyone uses 6AAMs on hard.

There are only two real choices when it comes to Tomcats, and those are Blaze and R1. The rest aren't worth it. They cost more to upgrade and they perform worse. Not worth it at all.

All things being equal I might agree, but "worth" and "value" are relative and mostly subjective...

GD_American

GD_American

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts

Got the F-14 Blaze up to level 9.  Was agog at the fact that (with parts) it rocks 108 frigging 6AAMs.   Actually finishing missions with missiles still on the racks now.

If I get this levelled up to where base ammo capacity is sufficient, what combo of parts should I be rocking for arms?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users