Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The emblem thread

What am I even doing Favorite emblems Worst emblems

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

This is sort of a half baked idea thread that popped in my head since the megathread is goddamn huge and I mean there's a bunch of emblems in the game so why not talk about them in a sorta but not really organized manner right? What's your favorite emblem ACS? Got one you think is particularly ugly? Have a bias against a specific set of em? Speak your mind, everything here is opinion so it not like anybody will ever care. It can be one new to Infinity or across the series, so long as it's in the game

While they may end up being sized for ants try to find images of the emblems of like er hate.

Personally I hate the GATE emblems, if I were to say why it's due to how dull the manga is. So any mention of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

The ones I prefer are the Nugget emblems, as is it's a cute mascot character and while some of the emblems are a bit unobtainable they still are quite cute

54253.jpg

I'll probably make some edits to this op  later to make it cleaner later

maybe

Edited by ekirbo, 20 May 2016 - 01:08 AM.

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

F L O W E R 2 M A S T E R R A C E

flower_2_by_callsign_yukimizuki-d99z564.

It's not exactly perfect, but I did my best 

Edited by Callsign-YukiMizuki, 20 May 2016 - 03:08 AM.

Yodahulk007

Yodahulk007

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

1504577_868357096528078_2458019521156066

I use the Yamato emblems with Space Guard nickname cause I'm Yodahulk007.

Blue Growler skin with Blue Yamato triangle for co-op, Cosmo Force circle for pvp, Medic for raids (easy to tell what set I'm picking).

F-16 Patriot with Red White and Blue (and Yellow) UNCF circle cause it says Cosmo Falcon when zoomed in (plane doesn't show emblems itself but it's nice for MVP).

F-16XL Experimental with Black and Yellow (and Blue) shield cause it looks nice.

F-16 Gold Falcon has Nugget circle from the rookie set, Su-24M has Nugget piston from the tournament cause it looks nice with the brown camo.

My idol planes use the 8-bit versions cause I like them better than the later versions (and they came a lot earlier so they had seniority).  P-38 Flying Aces has Ranko Kanzaki with producer's nickname.

Also all my aircraft sets are named after pets (not all mine) except for idol planes.  Idol planes are named after ponies...  :lol:  The colors matched up perfectly.  Yayoi's Mirage is Applejack, Azusa's Tomcat is Twilight Sparkle, Ami's F-2 is Fluttershy, Yukiho's Nighthawk is Rarity, and Pinkie Pie's B-2.  There's no Rainbow Dash because 1 - I haven't leveled Chihaya or Hibiki, and 2 - I kind of hate her.

My Russian MGP account uses the forest camo on Fishbed and Frogfoot, with Beast nickname and Hungry Grizzly emblem cause he's DarthPanda007.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Welcome to my world. Me and my friend have been making Nugget emblem for 2 years   ;)

11149450_927734777298773_301823511423833

https://www.facebook...67786660&type=3

Edited by FoxHoundElite, 20 May 2016 - 07:23 AM.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
After I scored the X-29 -EX- I decided to use the EASA emblem on it. First, because it's like the Strangereal NASA, & second because the livery & the emblem look good together. I then put it on my Mirage -EX-, & F-2A -EX- as a bit of a theme.

A couple others that I really like:
The Leasath Air Force emblem on my MiG-29 with the dark green skin. If someone told me this was a real world plane flown by some small former Soviet Bloc country I'd believe them. Just looks very authentic to me.

Crow emblem on F-2A with charcoal camo. Not quite an F-16, but looks really nice & the camo resembles the colour of a crow.

Yuktobania Air Force emblem on MiG-21 with red white & blue skin. For similar reasons to why I like my MiG-29, although this livery is more believable as something that would get used at an air show.

Would post pics if I had the faintest idea how to do it from my phone :(

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

With the planes that have AC0 skins, I use the corresponding emblem, or if I'm using a tourney craft, the emblem that came with it (IE Ring TDM emblem for the EX F-2), other than that, I normally use the red-star for my large number of Russian sets, the Strigon emblem for my Su-35, ZOE for the ADF-01, Grunder for the ADA-01, and in general, prefer the more sinister or tribal looking emblems.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Belkan air force.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

I’m so very glad you started this thread… Here are my thoughts, starting from the beginning:

1. Reaper – I’ve always hated this one for a multitude of reasons, and swap it out every time I change airframes…
  2. All the campaign emblems are uninspired aside from the ‘Ace of the Arrowblades’
  3. Nuggets – Don’t care
  4. Special music – Means little to me given I haven’t played previous titles…
  5. The “X-Plane” is stellar
  6. The special ones for ‘hard’ map challenges are mostly bad, aside from Retro and Aerospace…
  7. Stonehenge and SOLG I like, along with the Pilot Skills test and Ring TDM…
  8. Nagase – At least the skull fits the theme of the airframes… I can’t figure out the Valentine’s Day ones, since they could conceivably be of three different women. And that ‘real’ photo of her makes her look like she has a 12-inch neck?
  9. Z.O.E. – What the fucking hell? It’s all clear and doesn’t show at all! What’s the point?
  10. First+Second Anniverary – Excellent
  11. 20th Anniversary – A little too gaudy for my tastes
  12. Don’t think too much of the old, early emblems, but “Data Swallow” and “Oriental Computer” make me giggle like a schoolgirl.
  13. Character mugshots – WHY?
  14. EASA and Erusea Army are two of my favorites and are always on my Wyverns
  15. The 5th Fighter Wing is an obvious ripoff of the real live 4th Fighter Wing, but still cool
  16. Belka – Nice, simple, clean design
  17. Grun/Beast: Overkill…Pass
  18. Gryphus – No
  19. Alect – HELLS NO
  20. Garuda and Wardog are more to my liking…
  21. Strigon – I run lukewarm on it, would like it better without the reaper
  22. Estovakia – Beautiful
  23. Golden Axe: In MY day, Golden Axe was something else entirely
  24. Varcolac: Not a huge fan, but it seems to be the only emblem that properly fits on my Oruma and Gaivira
  25. Spooky – Nice, but there’s no AC-130 in the game to slap it on?
  26. Shooter – Bad
  27. Akula – Nice design, integrating the shark maw with the red star (but the music is awful), but it’s still outclassed by Red Moon, which has always been on my Akula
  28. Scarface – No
  29. Albireo – No
  30. Lancer – I’d love to slap this on my Razor if it didn’t have the 4th Fighter Wing text on it…
  31. Coccoon – This is another don’t-like-it-but-it-fits-the-theme-of-the-jet situations
  32. Circles, Squares, Triangles, Flowers – Are these supposed to have any meaning or link to past games? Most of them just look weird and I never see them used by anyone else…
  33. Shields: The Wing and the Bomb are awesome, ditch the rest
  34. Seven Seeker, Criss Cross, Red Card, Black Card (looks like tire treads?), Streamer, Anteater (which doesn’t look like an anteater), Twin Glory, Quad Cross and Condottire are more that I can’t make any sense of…
  35. Lucky girl: OK, but they could have been a bit more provocative and made it into a ‘real’ woman with a shamrock…
  36. Three arrows? Meh
  37. 4-Leaf and DNA? Sweet
  38. Drop Out – Was one of my favorites early on, don’t use it so much now…
  39. Gold wings – Another nice, simple, clean design I’m instantly attracted to
  40. Numbers/Letters – What the hell is the point if we can’t make our own 2-3 number-letter combinations??
  41. Japanese Zodiac: I love the art, but they just seem out of place on the side of a jet
  42. Collaborations: Throw them all away, aside from the Pac-Man “Pixels”, which is a natural fit for my Solo Wing Pixels F-15C Eagle…
  43. For the record, my primary favorites now are the USAF emblems, which are on half the airframes in my hangar…I also keep a Typhoon and Tornado in my hangar just so I can rock the German cross…

Choco

Choco

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Plane:F-16C Fighting Falcon

Solo Wing Pixels

Hah.

On topic; my sets either use the Galm head emblem or Crow. Obviously because I'm a Zero shill.

If I had the Wizard emblem I'd use it on my Wizard jets.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Hah.

On topic; my sets either use the Galm head emblem or Crow. Obviously because I'm a Zero shill.

If I had the Wizard emblem I'd use it on my Wizard jets.

Is there a Windhovererererererer emblem? I don't think I've ever seen one....

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I just want gold for all the Special Raids.

I am content with the fact that as a f2per I will probably never see a Black Raid.

Though I don't really care too much about getting the Excalibur Gold because I don't even like the Excalibur raid emblem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users