Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Cost Calculator & Comparison Tool

Cost Tool Feedback

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Yodahulk007

Yodahulk007

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

https://drive.google...cDQ&usp=sharing

Hey guys, so I've been trying to figure out what plane I wanted to level next, and a big part of that was costs.  I got sick of plugging things into a calculator over and over so I made a spreadsheet.  Eventually it got so big I decided to put in the costs for every plane and turn it into a tool everyone can use.  Unfortunately it's been ages since I did any web design, so I'm just leaving it a spreadsheet for folks to download.

The Costs sheet is basically a huge lookup table of the plane names and prices for each level.

Costs_zpsfmeuvklr.jpg

The Comparisons sheet is where the calculations are done and you can view planes side by side.

Comparison_zpsikopaxyr.jpg

So to use the tool, click on !Select Plane, and choose your plane.  This will populate the Cost column for that plane.  Select your plane's current level next to "Current Level".  Level 0 would mean you haven't purchased the plane yet.  Next to Non-Standard Upgrade Form you can choose TRUE to apply an NSU, or FALSE to not apply one.  Total Cost is the total cost to reach each level from your plane's current level.

This was built in LibreOffice, so if you use that or Google Docs, I highly recommend downloading the .ods file.  I don't have a copy of Excel so I have no idea how well the .xslx file exported.  I took cost data from seesaawiki, gwiki and Acepedia.  I cannot guarantee in any way that these costs are accurate.  They are also incomplete.  For a couple planes, I took the prices from another plane where the pattern was identical.  In those cases, I left a comment on the plane's name in the Costs sheet.  You can't use this tool directly from the Google Drive preview.  You have to download it and use a spreadsheet program.

Hope you guys find this useful, feel free to share it with anyone and everyone, be it 4chan, gamefaqs, Facebook, wherever.  I only have an account here, and plan to use this thread for any suggestions and feedback.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Ah, spreadsheets are always cozy to make or look at.

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
Good shit bro.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

https://drive.google...cDQ&usp=sharing

Hey guys, so I've been trying to figure out what plane I wanted to level next, and a big part of that was costs.  I got sick of plugging things into a calculator over and over so I made a spreadsheet.  Eventually it got so big I decided to put in the costs for every plane and turn it into a tool everyone can use.  Unfortunately it's been ages since I did any web design, so I'm just leaving it a spreadsheet for folks to download.

The Costs sheet is basically a huge lookup table of the plane names and prices for each level.

Costs_zpsfmeuvklr.jpg

The Comparisons sheet is where the calculations are done and you can view planes side by side.

Comparison_zpsikopaxyr.jpg

So to use the tool, click on !Select Plane, and choose your plane.  This will populate the Cost column for that plane.  Select your plane's current level next to "Current Level".  Level 0 would mean you haven't purchased the plane yet.  Next to Non-Standard Upgrade Form you can choose TRUE to apply an NSU, or FALSE to not apply one.  Total Cost is the total cost to reach each level from your plane's current level.

This was built in LibreOffice, so if you use that or Google Docs, I highly recommend downloading the .ods file.  I don't have a copy of Excel so I have no idea how well the .xslx file exported.  I took cost data from seesaawiki, gwiki and Acepedia.  I cannot guarantee in any way that these costs are accurate.  They are also incomplete.  For a couple planes, I took the prices from another plane where the pattern was identical.  In those cases, I left a comment on the plane's name in the Costs sheet.  You can't use this tool directly from the Google Drive preview.  You have to download it and use a spreadsheet program.

Hope you guys find this useful, feel free to share it with anyone and everyone, be it 4chan, gamefaqs, Facebook, wherever.  I only have an account here, and plan to use this thread for any suggestions and feedback.

Brilliant... And long overdue...

I started my own excel spreadsheet for the jets in my hangar, but never seemed to have the time to really flesh it out... Eventually I gave up and just made some rudimentary reference sheets by hand...

Yodahulk007

Yodahulk007

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Good shit bro.

Brilliant... And long overdue...

I started my own excel spreadsheet for the jets in my hangar, but never seemed to have the time to really flesh it out... Eventually I gave up and just made some rudimentary reference sheets by hand...

Hey, thanks, hope you find it useful.  Let me know if there's any issues or improvements to be made  :)  I've already made some small cosmetic changes but nothing worth publishing yet.  I'm mostly worried the formulas are broken in Excel or something like that.

I'm hoping Google docs eventually adds more sharing control.  If I could set it so the public can edit but not save, that would be perfect.  Right now people can view, but without being able to edit, you can't choose your plane or anything.  Edit mode right now means full collaboration, so it's saving on the fly.  That would break simultaneous users, and leave it in god knows what state when the next person opens it.

LunarAlbatross

LunarAlbatross

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
Thank for your work, now I can compare planes' price without switching wiki many times for price calculations

Yodahulk007

Yodahulk007

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Okie dokie, just letting folks know the spreadsheets have been updated with more prices.  Still incomplete though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users