Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

THEE only question about AC7 I need the answer to, probably yall as well

36 replies to this topic

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

...???

I have no idea how you got any of that from what I said. I never stated any preferences about disc vs digital, I was only trying to clear up some confusion you seemed to have about the requirement for a physical disc and commenting on what may be causing your disc read errors.

Then again, there seems to be some serious lack of reading comprehension at work here, so why do I bother.

Edit:

http://www.ps3hax.ne...on-oh-really-2/

Did you get BF4 on PS4 by upgrading from a PS3 version? That could be a reason. Otherwise yeah no idea, never heard of such an issue.

oh whoa!!...and no I dont have a ps3 at all (big mistake I prefered bs4 over it), I don't have a bf4 either..I just hear friends complaining about bf4 requiring disc to play even when they have the digital version, I cant ask about AC none of them heard of it so i thought i needed to ask here...and yes that's probably the issue..thx for the link..

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 08:46 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,151 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Eyy calm down guys.

"a game like ace combat" you're talking about one of the very unpopular games , I don't think we AC fans represent any more than 5% of the gaming community or maybe even less..so no it's not as massive as BF, and when such a game that is so popular like BF4 have such a glitche or whatever, what would happen with the games no one care about?..

I don't mean that Ace Combat is popular, I mean that it's not the kind of game that would ordinarily be released on PSN. No prior Ace Combat game besides Infinity has been, and Infinity is a free to play game. Ace Combat 7 is not, and will likely have only a physical release. That's all I meant.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,139 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

is op a bot?

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

• Global Moderators
  • 7,151 posts

OP is real.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

oh whoa!!...and no I dont have a ps3 at all (big mistake I prefered bs4 over it), I don't have a bf4 either..I just hear friends complaining about bf4 requiring disc to play even when they have the digital version, I cant ask about AC none of them heard of it so i thought i needed to ask here...and yes that's probably the issue..thx for the link..

That's an issue unique to Battlefield. I only did a quick bit of research, but it seems to be tied to upgrading Battlefield 4 from last-gen.

Games purchased through PSN don't require a disc in the console, as that would completely defeat the purpose of a digital copy.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Eyy calm down guys.

I don't mean that Ace Combat is popular, I mean that it's not the kind of game that would ordinarily be released on PSN. No prior Ace Combat game besides Infinity has been, and Infinity is a free to play game. Ace Combat 7 is not, and will likely have only a physical release. That's all I meant.

that's why I linked it to popularity..in fact the best place to sell AC7 would be psn, because AC fans can find it there (the only people willing to buy them)..game stores won't stock up on AC7 discs because they are likely to end up in their warehouse.

That's an issue unique to Battlefield. I only did a quick bit of research, but it seems to be tied to upgrading Battlefield 4 from last-gen.

Games purchased through PSN don't require a disc in the console, as that would completely defeat the purpose of a digital copy.

yes I get it now..bf4 was originally a ps3 game..but these guys could use another SEN account ? and skip the shit of putting up with discs?..or would that be illegal?..I dont know but so this means that since AC7 is not a ps3 game , it wont have that issue ,any time it decides to pop up in psn..download and play, no f*** disc, thats a relief , thx for clearing that out yall.. 

Edited by GenWan, 11 May 2016 - 01:06 AM.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Why did you feel the need to make an entire new thread???

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Why did you feel the need to make an entire new thread???

why is there any similar thread?, 

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

why is there any similar thread?, 

no i dont think so i havent seen any other ace combat 7 threads on these forums

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

• Global Moderators
  • 7,151 posts

Given how long this thread has gone, I'd say GenWan was justified.

(Also why would you ever discourage 2016 ACS from making more threads instead of putting it all in one impossible to manage megathread? Are you all nuts? Our problem is too few threads, not too many.)

Anyway.

that's why I linked it to popularity..in fact the best place to sell AC7 would be psn, because AC fans can find it there (the only people willing to buy them)..game stores won't stock up on AC7 discs because they are likely to end up in their warehouse.

That may be true, but it's also beside the point, since game publishers don't seem to be rushing to make their console games available through online distribution. In fact, I'd say they probably have a lot more data about what kind of release works best with different kind of titles than either of us.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

I dunno what you're talking about Nemo; every AAA game these days is available through Digital Download. EA just revealed that around a third of full game sales come from Digital Download sales. Digital Distribution is becoming one of the main ways of releasing games, and the distinction between 'digital only' and 'full release' is essentially non-existent.

Source: http://www.gamasutra..._for_Madden.php

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

• Global Moderators
  • 7,151 posts

Huh, that's interesting.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,893 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

The Air Combat copy I borrowed from a friend a lifetime ago and... forgot to return, still works flawlessly.

Meanwhile, my Pokémon Gold cartridge is unusable because the battery ran out and I can't exactly solder.

Durability is a funny thing.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,821 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle
But it is true; physical media degrades over time. I think the timespan for CDs is like 30 years.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

I hope all your hard drives start failing.

Hey try this super neat trick. Go buy a strong magnet, the strongest and most expensive you can find and place it right on top of your PS4. It'll increase storage capacity!

haha Magnet?..well actually I don't have anything that needs to get bigger, not the hard drive, not anything else xD..

Edited by GenWan, 11 May 2016 - 09:18 PM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

FB,6684,72,eti-topkek-meyveli-40gr-24-lu

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users