Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

THEE only question about AC7 I need the answer to, probably yall as well

36 replies to this topic

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

I dont know if its really a stupid question , or is it an important question to ask or a matter to be concerned about ,the way i see is its both, so in the easiest possible words : will AC7 need a disc inserted to play everytime?..enough said.

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 07:57 AM.

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

AC7 come in special powder form all need to do is use 250mL water per 2 gram of AC7, stir briskly and consume

consume three times daily after meals for 2 weeks or according to doctors instructions

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

AC7 come in special powder form all need to do is use 250mL water per 2 gram of AC7, stir briskly and consume

consume three times daily after meals for 2 weeks or according to doctors instructions

C'mon fam that's only a rumor, we all know it's going to end up as a suppository.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

I dont know if its really a stupid question , or is it an important question to ask or a matter to be concerned about ,the way i see is its both, so in the easiest possible words : will AC7 need a disc inserted to play everytime?..enough said.

Yes, physical copies need the disc in the PS4 in order to play.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Could always grab the downloadable version (I think every PS4 game gets one?) if it's a big deal.

Edited by PositronCannon, 10 May 2016 - 10:04 AM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Could always grab the downloadable version (I think every PS4 game gets one?) if it's a big deal.

no not every ps4 game has a digital version..there are those disc-only..unfortunately to us they make more money to them..discs are exhaustable and you'll always need a new disc if you play constantly..ummm you'll-always-need-a $40+ Dollars for a new disc.

Yes, physical copies need the disc in the PS4 in order to play.

yes but will there be digital version..I'm not a fan of battle-field I''m more into Arma so honestly I don't have bf4 ps4 version (such a shame)..but anyway some friends are complaining that despite they downloaded bf4 it still asks for the disc..are we gonna have the same crap with AC7 ,thats my concern.

C'mon fam that's only a rumor, we all know it's going to end up as a suppository.

lol yall know that we ps4ers have absolutely no AC game to play online, NONE..this shit is serious to us, guys..

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 02:29 PM.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,191 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

this shit is serious to us, guys..

DKTiKiJ.jpg

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

discs are exhaustable and you'll always need a new disc if you play constantly..ummm you'll-always-need-a $40+ Dollars for a new disc.

Unless you treat them like shit or get a defective copy, no, not really. I have 15+ year old PS1 discs that still work perfectly.

Skope Hogan

Skope Hogan

Highway to the Dangerzone

• Members
  • 6,191 posts
  • Squad:Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Unless you treat them like shit or get a defective copy, no, not really. I have 15+ year old PS1 discs that still work perfectly.

I can attest to that and I even treated my discs like shit when I was an 11 year old. Still work.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

no not every ps4 game has a digital version..there are those disc-only..unfortunately to us they make more money to them..discs are exhaustable and you'll always need a new disc if you play constantly..ummm you'll-always-need-a $40+ Dollars for a new disc.

How familiar are you with the technology that goes into a bluray disc? Or just optical discs in general?

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,162 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

I can attest to that and I even treated my discs like shit when I was an 11 year old. Still work.

Same. I have CDs that are almost two decades old now that are still perfectly readable, and I treated my discs badly too.

yes but will there be digital version..I'm not a fan of battle-field I''m more into Arma so honestly I don't have bf4 ps4 version (such a shame)..but anyway some friends are complaining that despite they downloaded bf4 it still asks for the disc..are we gonna have the same crap with AC7 ,thats my concern.

Yes, you will certainly need a disc to play. Console game publishers are very worried about piracy, and if you don't need a disc to play a game, then it's much easier to put a pirated copy of the game on your console and play it. I expect this will change eventually, but not by the time AC7 comes out.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

DKTiKiJ.jpg

LOL yeah exactly..

Same. I have CDs that are almost two decades old now that are still perfectly readable, and I treated my discs badly too.

Yes, you will certainly need a disc to play. Console game publishers are very worried about piracy, and if you don't need a disc to play a game, then it's much easier to put a pirated copy of the game on your console and play it. I expect this will change eventually, but not by the time AC7 comes out.

no not all ps4 games are disc mandatory, so far I know bf4 is like that and few other ones..and this isn't about piracy, when you buy the game online from psn, it's a legal deal, why would you need to buy or borrow a disc, now?..I don't understand this bf4 deal..and I'm just concerned that , AC7 might be like that too. 

How familiar are you with the technology that goes into a bluray disc? Or just optical discs in general?

if youre talking about ps4 discs? I dont know much about the technology that goes into them, but I know enough about all the :  ("no disc inserted"-->*eject*-->*insert*--> "no disc inserted" restart "no disc inserted"-->*eject*--> *turn off*---> *turn on*)  that i know too well about for like a year of love-hate relationship with Bs4.

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 05:40 PM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

if youre talking about ps4 discs? I dont know much about the technology that goes into them, but I know enough about all the :  ("no disc inserted"-->*eject*-->*insert*--> "no disc inserted" restart "no disc inserted"-->*eject*--> *turn off*---> *turn on*)  that i know too well about for like a year of love-hate relationship with Bs4.

1437840928316.jpg

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

no not all ps4 games are disc mandatory, so far I know bf4 is like that and few other ones..and this isn't about piracy, when you buy the game online from psn, it's a legal deal, why would you need to buy or borrow a disc, now?..I don't understand this bf4 deal..and I'm just concerned that , AC7 might be like that too.

If you buy a game on the PS Store, you don't need a disc (which I hope should be obvious). If you buy a game on disc, you'll always need the disc unless you then buy the digital version as well.

if youre talking about ps4 discs? I dont know much about the technology that goes into them, but I know enough about all the : ("no disc inserted"-->*eject*-->*insert*--> "no disc inserted" restart "no disc inserted"-->*eject*--> *turn off*---> *turn on*) that i know too well about for like a year of love-hate relationship with Bs4.

Either you're scratching your discs or your console has a faulty optical drive.

Edited by PositronCannon, 10 May 2016 - 07:07 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,162 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

^Yep.

I'm talking about non-multiplayer games being released by a major publisher and with a certain amount of money behind them. The ones you're talking about are either small, multiplayer only (and therefore much harder to pirate), or re-releases of old games. A game like AC7 certainly won't be on PSN.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

If you buy a game on the PS Store, you don't need a disc (which I hope should be obvious). If you buy a game on disc, you'll always need the disc unless you then buy the digital version as well. Either you're scratching your discs or your console has a faulty optical drive.

It takes a lot to scratch a bluray disc. You'd have to do it on purpose with a screwdriver or nail or something to scratch it.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

If you buy a game on the PS Store, you don't need a disc (which I hope should be obvious). If you buy a game on disc, you'll always need the disc unless you then buy the digital version as well.

Either you're scratching your discs or your console has a faulty optical drive.

\bf4 , get it from psn..you still need a disc..its a glitche or whatever it is, its there ,its a fact in ps4..yes I know if you install it with disc you need a disc, thats not a problem to me bc i'm not coming near disc-based games..I'm concerned that this glitche may get AC7 

in the end, you know and I know when the game is saved on the hard drive it is better off in terms of safety than it is on a disc, it's just a fact, you have guts arguing the opposite case..what are you gonna say next, you prefere disc over digital?, it's your problem not mine, be my guest choose disc..in my case , I more than hope AC will be digital or at least have the possibility to be digital only, and if its disc mandatory? that will piss me off big time..it doesnt do that to you, youre fine, and you don't to worry..I do. 

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 07:55 PM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,802 posts

...???

I have no idea how you got any of that from what I said. I never stated any preferences about disc vs digital, I was only trying to clear up some confusion you seemed to have about the requirement for a physical disc and commenting on what may be causing your disc read errors.

Then again, there seems to be some serious lack of reading comprehension at work here, so why do I bother.

Edit:

\bf4 , get it from psn..you still need a disc..its a glitche or whatever it is, its there ,its a fact in ps4..yes I know if you install it with disc you need a disc, thats not a problem to me bc i'm not coming near disc-based games..I'm concerned that this glitche may get AC7

http://www.ps3hax.ne...on-oh-really-2/

Did you get BF4 on PS4 by upgrading from a PS3 version? That could be a reason. Otherwise yeah no idea, never heard of such an issue.

Edited by PositronCannon, 10 May 2016 - 08:06 PM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

^Yep.

I'm talking about non-multiplayer games being released by a major publisher and with a certain amount of money behind them. The ones you're talking about are either small, multiplayer only (and therefore much harder to pirate), or re-releases of old games. A game like AC7 certainly won't be on PSN.

"a game like ace combat" you're talking about one of the very unpopular games , I don't think we AC fans represent any more than 5% of the gaming community or maybe even less..so no it's not as massive as BF, and when such a game that is so popular like BF4 have such a glitche or whatever, what would happen with the games no one care about?..

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

• Members
  • 5,968 posts

in the end, you know and I know when the game is saved on the hard drive it is better off in terms of safety than it is on a disc, it's just a fact, you have guts arguing the opposite case..what are you gonna say next, you prefere disc over digital?

I hope all your hard drives start failing.

Hey try this super neat trick. Go buy a strong magnet, the strongest and most expensive you can find and place it right on top of your PS4. It'll increase storage capacity!

Edited by Kaiten Sushi-kun, 10 May 2016 - 08:25 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users