Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

do you think ace infinity is ever coming up on ps4 and PC?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

wizardten

wizardten

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A

and what do you think will happen there?, I'm certain that this was discussed before but a long time ago,what's the update on the situation, is ace combat 7 a sign that infinity is gonna alwayss be a ps3 exclusive? I'm just curious

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven

and what do you think will happen there?, I'm certain that this was discussed before but a long time ago,what's the update on the situation, is ace combat 7 a sign that infinity is gonna alwayss be a ps3 exclusive? I'm just curious

Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if a newer version of it eventually hit ps4. Not PC, though.

Edited by Arekasune, 08 May 2016 - 12:01 PM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

as someone who does not have ps3,because I decided to jump to ps4 from ps2, I was affected by this, cause here I am skipping on infinity for that reason...I'm definitely not buying a ps3 now that I'm stuck with 4 but I don't think that AC7 can indicate anything about ACI in anyway..you see if you look at things, it looks like ACI is the WOW or EVE online version of the AC series and the name says it all "infinity", it's probably gonna be a permenant server..these games that are established on permenant servers and can last for years..heavy games like BF and AC AH, H.A.W.X games you can save on your hard drive and buy at the release or never catch chance to play online seriously, and the server is disbanded with the next release due to player's inactivity..these do not usually behave like games like wow and what I expect ACI will, or hopefully will..they hit on their release and die the next release, no servers remain to host their online or multiplayer activity..and online playing is optional on them..(compare EVE OL and BF 1942 which co-existed someday, EVE is still there you can go play it now but BF Vietnam or 1942 is no where to be seen or have any online server active) ACI is behaving more like WOW and EVE, it's a game that simply isnt yours , all you install in your console is the patch or whatever, it's out there you can play or not and your data is all saved at the server itself under your account, it's a website place to visit and react with to put it simply, just like league of angels lol or any browser game only on console, I wouldnt doubt that this can work on console as well as PC, and the way I see it is ACI is just that, self-sustaining F2P mmo version of AC ..so that tells me that ACI was not released like AC7 and was not intended as the next thing to AC6 and AH , it was a different project to establish an online permenant server for AC series, and it was a great thing , even tho I don't have it ,it's already my favorite because of all the above because AC7 won't be like that as far as I can speculate..do I expect ACI to be somehow jumped to ps4 ? , and probably ps 4.5 ,ps6 and 7 and all future sony consoles, well it wouldnt surprise me but it will create the ironic reality that the older console you have the more progressed in the game you would  be lol..but that doesnt affect anyone in anyway because progress always has limits and people can catch up on permenant servers, but do I expect it to be on PC? no I don't thinkk so, not PC not XBOX but it's probably gonna be always available on any PlayStation machine (Ps3 and up)..but it I guess it's always going to take long at least 2 3 years before released on the next generation PS machine.

Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if a newer version of it eventually hit ps4. Not PC, though.

I totally agree, but I don't think there is gonna be a new version for it, because I expect that it will always be playable on ps3 and in the same server, I don't know how they may apply that but I don't think they're gonna take it from ps3 and to ps4. 

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 06:34 AM.

wizardten

wizardten

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A

as someone who does not have ps3,because I decided to jump to ps4 from ps2, I was affected by this, cause here I am skipping on infinity for that reason...I'm definitely not buying a ps3 now that I'm stuck with 4 but I don't think that AC7 can indicate anything about ACI in anyway..you see if you look at things, it looks like ACI is the WOW or EVE online version of the AC series and the name says it all "infinity", it's probably gonna be a permenant server..these games that are established on permenant servers and can last for years..heavy games like BF and AC AH, H.A.W.X games you can save on your hard drive and buy at the release or never catch chance to play online seriously, and the server is disbanded with the next release due to player's inactivity..these do not usually behave like games like wow and what I expect ACI will, or hopefully will..they hit on their release and die the next release, no servers remain to supervise them and online playing is optional on them..(compare EVE OL and BF veitnam which co-existed someday, EVE is still there you can go play it now but BF V is no where to be seen or have any online server active) ACI is behaving more like WOW and EVE, it's a game that simply isnt yours , all you install in your console is the patch or whatever, it's out there you can play or not and your data is all saved at the server itself under your account, it's a website place to visit and react with to put it simply, just like league of angels lol or any browser game only on console, I wouldnt doubt that this can work on console as well as PC, and the way I see it is ACI is just that, self-sustaining F2P mmo version of AC ..so that tells me that ACI was not released like AC7 and was not intended as the next thing to AC6 and AH , it was a different project to establish an online permenant server for AC series, and it was a great thing , even tho I don't have it ,it's already my favorite because of all the above because AC7 won't be like that as far as I can speculate..do I expect ACI to be somehow jumped to ps4 ? , and probably ps6 and 7 and all future sony consoles, well it wouldnt surprise me but it will create the ironic reality that the older console you have the more progressed in the game you would  be lol..but that doesnt affect anyone in anyway because progress always has limits and people can catch up on permenant servers, but do I expect it to be on PC? no I don't thinkk so, not PC not XBOX but it's probably gonna be always available on any PlayStation machine (Ps3 and up)..but it I guess it's always going to take long at least 2 3 years before released on the next generation PS machine.

I totally agree, but I don't think there is gonna be a new version for it, because I expect that it will always be playable on ps3 and in the same server, I don't know how they may apply that but I don't think they're gonna take it from ps3 and to ps4. 

I only have ps3 for now, and I'm sorry you ps4 owners can not play it on your system.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

I only have ps3 for now, and I'm sorry you ps4 owners can not play it on your system.

yes I guess only thing to do now is just enjoy war thunder until ACI goes ps4, I personally wont play AC7 multiplayer seriously, I don't want to be hooked and then miss it when its gone, cause it will be, and end up just a couple of repeatable single player missions stored on the hard..ACI on the other hand, I don't even need to play it to know it's the most successful AC for the reasons mentioned above, it has research trees and time consuming grinding process that can be accelerated with real money,it has events etc etc, everything featured in a F2P online mmo/morpg, only we can not predict what's gonna happen with it because this idea is rarely introduced through console, PC is flexible enough to pull it off but not console, and their only option is to keep ACI available for any PS machine past ps3..4 must already has it and the upcoming 4.5 as well..or they shouldnt have decided to make a war-thunder version of AC that would only work on machines no longer being produced in factories any more, it just doesnt make sense.  

Edited by GenWan, 09 May 2016 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users