Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hiiii new player here ntmu please read

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

wizardten

wizardten

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A

hi there, I just had my hands on infinity last week and I'm ready to go online, so I've decided to make a forum account, so how to start , what to expect?

also I'm so excited about plane customization, but I think I need to learn more about it, I found this thing which seems like a plane build simulator, like WOWS and WOWT, but I don't understand how to use it , like what each part enhances in the plane and what S, L ,M mean , and the result, I need a quick guide about it if it's not a problem for you.

http://asm.aceinf.gl...f1b181n1v1k0k08

http://asm.aceinf.gl...h51102q1d1j1y04

and can we get these things directly with real money?, and can we get good planes directly with real money?, I'm lost in the different game's menu tables, thx :D

Edited by wizardten, 06 May 2016 - 06:06 AM.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Hey mate, welcome!

I think fair to say the most valuable output from the aircraft builder is that it shows what targets ur weapons r capable of destroying with 1 missile or 2 missiles etc. Reading the plane stat bars in-game can be very misleading.

Paying money in this game just gets u fuel. U can't buy planes or skins with real money directly, but with fuel u can fly more & rank higher in the events to get more "pilot skill medals" which r the in-game currency used to get special planes, skins, emblems, etc.

Try reading the nuggets guide link from the top of the page. That should put u on the right track.

And very important: try to play with people with a similar MR to u. In low level planes ur at real risk of being stomped on & having no fun at all...

wizardten

wizardten

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hey mate, welcome!

I think fair to say the most valuable output from the aircraft builder is that it shows what targets ur weapons r capable of destroying with 1 missile or 2 missiles etc. Reading the plane stat bars in-game can be very misleading.

Paying money in this game just gets u fuel. U can't buy planes or skins with real money directly, but with fuel u can fly more & rank higher in the events to get more "pilot skill medals" which r the in-game currency used to get special planes, skins, emblems, etc.

Try reading the nuggets guide link from the top of the page. That should put u on the right track.

And very important: try to play with people with a similar MR to u. In low level planes ur at real risk of being stomped on & having no fun at all...

thank you budd, I thought people can buy anything but that gives a plus to the game provider, good to know there is no way to bribe your way to the top, I will keep all your tips in mind thank you very much.

only thing about that builder app, can you just tell me what these parts below do what they improve?, I think I figured out the rest:

- enhanced engine nozzle

-enhanced engine compressor

-high output enggine

-advanced target awareness circuit

-advanced propulsion (MSL) 

-automated fire extinguisher

-advanced mobile fin 

also can these builds be reset or are they permenant? thank you so much

Edited by wizardten, 06 May 2016 - 04:40 PM.

Choco

Choco

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • Plane:F-16C Fighting Falcon

Hey there. If you just go to the list of parts in your hangar, while editing an aircraft set, you can see all the parts available and their descriptions. Or just browse the aircraft tree... but that thing is probably a little overwhelming at first. Anyway:

Nozzles improve acceleration

Compressors improve top speed

High output engine is a hybrid part IIRC (gives acceleration + top speed)

Awareness circuits increase weapon load and reload speed

Propulsion improves missile speed

Fire extinguishers grant your plane nanomachines, son (heal over time, disabled in PvP)

Mobile fins improve missile homing (turning rate)

You can edit your build any time you're in the hangar for a small credit cost.

wizardten

wizardten

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hey there. If you just go to the list of parts in your hangar, while editing an aircraft set, you can see all the parts available and their descriptions. Or just browse the aircraft tree... but that thing is probably a little overwhelming at first. Anyway:

Nozzles improve acceleration

Compressors improve top speed

High output engine is a hybrid part IIRC (gives acceleration + top speed)

Awareness circuits increase weapon load and reload speed

Propulsion improves missile speed

Fire extinguishers grant your plane nanomachines, son (heal over time, disabled in PvP)

Mobile fins improve missile homing (turning rate)

You can edit your build any time you're in the hangar for a small credit cost.

thank you so much, it makes sense, but are you sure about awareness circuits being about re-load? sounds more like maybe faster missile lock?

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

maybe you should try actually playing the game some time

i'm sure if you did that you could learn a lot and not have to tell people you think they're wrong when they answer your questions

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

maybe you should try actually playing the game some time
i'm sure if you did that you could learn a lot and not have to tell people you think they're wrong when they answer your questions

Well you cant learn that much by playing two modes at once while having 6x supplied a day. We all have been beginners.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Well you cant learn that much by playing two modes at once while having 6x supplied a day. We all have been beginners.

Except his statement is something that doesn't even need fuel beyond getting the parts, actually not even since the part descriptions state what is known. So it's more of a thing of download and read. 

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
But still, when you start a game, you dont try out and just play.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

But still, when you start a game, you dont try out and just play.

Well no I read the manual or equivalent so that I can know how to play and what things do. 

CharlyFirpo666

CharlyFirpo666

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Ok, thats the way you do it. Some folks may try n error.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
If I started playing ACI now I'm pretty sure I'd be completely lost. There's so much more going on now than there was back in 2014...

thank you so much, it makes sense, but are you sure about awareness circuits being about re-load? sounds more like maybe faster missile lock?

It could have been more aptly named, but yes awareness parts increase load capacity & reload speed. Faster missile lock part is called "Seeker cooling unit" or something...

Best to read the descriptions from the aircraft tree as the aircraft builder assumes u already know what each part does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users