Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

what was the first fighterjet game you played before AC that attracted to jet games?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

personally I ever had been a aircraft maniac since childhood ,back then I thought F-16 was bigger than F-15 lol but still was familiar with them ,so it wasnt the games that drew me, but it was great that there are nicely simulated (tho simplified) jet games to role-play the thing and live the experience, the first game I had played was I guess a ps1 game or ps2 not sure called Airforce Delta "something something" i don't remember it's been a while, it was based on anime charecters and it was a really cool game, anime and jets both in the same game!!, so it was  irresistable, my fighterjet gaming style was built based on that game..and then looking for more jetgames I found AC5..so AC 5 was my first AC I've ever played, I figured it was almost the same but abit much easier than the previous game and easier missions and more fluent story and all that and also better pilot indications and hud data..my raw knowledge of jet gaming that I acquired from the first game was sculptured neat by AC5..and then Zero, and then 6 AH,now I have 4 last one i found (too late lol) but well I figured i gotta have all AC series..so what was the first thing that attracted you to this (jet gaming world) the first time, and what was the first game you played before AC or was it AC the first game..also which games was one through which you learned to play, I'd like to look up your games..starting from when you couldnt stay airborne too long before crashing lol..AirForce Delta in my case, and it was easier to crash there than on AC lol so don't judge me..

Edited by GenWan, 04 May 2016 - 11:57 PM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

thats the longest sentence ive ever seen

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

thats the longest sentence ive ever seen

well thx for dropping by to read it  :P

Edited by GenWan, 04 May 2016 - 11:59 PM.

griffon_one

griffon_one

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

It was Lock On on the SNES that was my first air combat game. Ah good times.

Edited by griffon_one, 04 May 2016 - 05:52 PM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

It was Lock On on the SNES that was my first air combat game. Ah good times.

tbh I havent heard of it, looking it up lol

Verity

Verity

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Plane:YF-23A

Jungle strike on SNES. (That was more helicopters though.) or Fury 3 on windows 95 pc. My first AC was 04;)

SkyEye MCCIX

SkyEye MCCIX

Rookie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Squad:Anyone with a plane is my squad.
  • Plane:R-201 Asterozoa

YS Flight Sim. The modding community used to be huge for Ace Combat planes (especially AC3). After unfairly wrecking countless people in multiplayer with a simulated X-49 and X-02, I decided; "Why not get the game that this plane is from? Can't be that bad."

P.S, I only ever got shot down once in that X-49. And it was in some guy flying an Aigaion with gun turrets. The X-02 was pretty tied with F-22s and PAK FAs.

Edited by SkyEye MCCIX, 11 May 2016 - 04:38 AM.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

YS Flight Sim. The modding community used to be huge for Ace Combat planes (especially AC3). After unfairly wrecking countless people in multiplayer with a simulated X-49 and X-02, I decided; "Why not get the game that this plane is from? Can't be that bad."

P.S, I only ever got shot down once in that X-49. And it was in some guy flying an Aigaion with gun turrets. The X-02 was pretty tied with F-22s and PAK FAs.

yes I know what youre talking about, in sims it is both hard to kill and to get killed, these odds decrease the more things go the "arcade" side of the scale away from sim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users