Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

how would you play AC games without the target arrow and triangle button camera thing?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

I figured it's probably impossible without at least the target arrow, what I'm asking is is it possible to play dogfights and things like that merely depending on radar and numeric data?..what are the basics and how to go about it?..thing is in AC games and  most jet games you have only one target to track at a time using whatever fictional assistance the game has to offer (target arrow, triangle button camera) and other different things you find in other games like H.A.W.X assistance off etc or the serieis of rings..what drew my attention is there is those friendly squadrons you find in AC games stages, such as crow team and other alllied squadrons in ACZ,Swordsman in AC5, that have no such indications , they have no arrow and they can not be tracked anyway but the appear on radar nonetheless..so I thought what if there was no arrow? lol..and I don't like the idea that I'm highly dependent on that stupid arrow lol, also when I play games that are not mainly jet games but have aircraft in them such as Battlefield and Arma etc and they also dont have these helping indications..I also noticed ACI multiplayer doesnt show any indications for team mates either? not sure but i guess there isnt..so any tips?

Edited by GenWan, 02 May 2016 - 11:25 PM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Just look around and use your eyes dude. In AC unless they have stealth targets have a giant bright box around them at all times. Even then contrails are somewhat easy to see provided you aren't in clouds.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Just look around and use your eyes dude. In AC unless they have stealth targets have a giant bright box around them at all times. Even then contrails are somewhat easy to see provided you aren't in clouds.

do I sound like a blind person? lol..of course you can see them if they are in your hud screen, if they are in your sight there is no problem, the problem is when you lose the target from hud screen.

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

right stick

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

right stick

yes that's a way to go, but how, it's too difficult to control that camera view..

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Would definitely love to try this in cockpit view. 

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Would definitely love to try this in cockpit view. 

hmmm, all views aside from first person hud are not the right view..like to have full advantage, you best use first person with the degrees and the numerics..but anyway the arrow is there on all modes..I don't use the triangle button camera thing , I think it degrades skill, but I can't live without the arrow :s

Edited by GenWan, 03 May 2016 - 07:27 AM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

hmmm, all views aside from first person hud are not the right view..like to have full advantage, you best use first person with the degrees and the numerics.

Yea but it doesn't look as nice, style >>> function,

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Yea but it doesn't look as nice, style >>> function,

well I'm a game player , pilot role-play not a fashion model..I give advice towards how to kick a** not how to look nice.

Edited by GenWan, 03 May 2016 - 07:39 AM.

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

hmmm, all views aside from first person hud are not the right view..like to have full advantage, you best use first person with the degrees and the numerics..but anyway the arrow is there on all modes..I don't use the triangle button camera thing , I think it degrades skill, but I can't live without the arrow :s

It's my personal preference to play in First Person. Better immersion, more challenge and more fun~

I agree with that triangle thingie too. I don't use it

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

well I'm a game player , pilot role-play not a fashion model..I give advice towards how to kick a** not how to look nice.

I think someone is taking these games a little too seriously. But well, whatever works I guess.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

If you play for fun, why are you getting so uptight about it?

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts

If you play for fun, why are you getting so uptight about it?

yes but fun is winning lol isnt it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users