Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

World-Building: Atlantis (AC:I Universe)

Private Military Ace

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Folktale

Folktale

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Plane:Rafale M

I'd like to try and set up a new contender in the AC:I universe, and create an origin series regarding the subject of my username: Folktale. If all goes well, I'll start posting a series of short stories regarding my character's experiences, but in order to do that, I intend to start by creating the setting. Let me know if this seems interesting!

Atlantis, named after the mythical lost city, was an offshore base and combat group created by Folktale, a pilot formerly affiliated with the Private Military Contractor, "Heimdallr Security." Fearing the group's philosophy of unbiased intervention had become skewed, he went AWOL, using his modest funds to amass a like-minded group with the intent to form a new force, carrying on the legacy of keeping the world's balance of power in check through air superiority. The new group, Atlantis, created a base in the Southern Atlantic Ocean, fielding a small number of experienced pilots in operations around the globe. Pilots rarely ever identified themselves to forces they intended to assist, giving the group a dubious reputation, and their work brought them into direct conflict with several PMCs, powerful enough to threaten either side of the ongoing UNF-USEA conflict. 

At the forefront of Atlantis' efforts was Folktale, maintaining an almost mythical status in the eyes of those who stood against the new force. He became the poster pilot for the organization, both inspiring and instilling fear in pilots worldwide. After discovering that his old PMC, Heimdallr, was developing nuclear weapons, Folktale found himself called to action against the pilots he once flew with, including his old friend and Heimdallr's new protege- Aria Schoenberg. The conflict is currently ongoing, and has given Atlantis its first true adversary. 

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,171 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

And does he Fulton ejecting enemy pilots out of the sky to recruit them?

Folktale

Folktale

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts

I'll admit- the offshore base part was definitely inspired by MGSV. It's a pretty good solution, as opposed to a carrier battle group or submarine, since it eliminates the need for arresting gear and allows for larger aircraft, such as transports, to be stationed there. 

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,171 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

True, though you would still have the problems of maintaining supply lines and keeping the platform repaired, especially if hostile forces know its location. Not that it's a huge concern or anything - it doesn't sound like you're aiming for it to be super serious and ~realistic~, the same way Ace Combat (and MGS) isn't super serious or realistic.

Could be an interesting premise. What are you looking for specifically though?

Folktale

Folktale

Rookie

• Members
  • 10 posts
Actually, you've brought up some good food for thought. I'm going to take this back and ruminate on it a bit. I'll return sometime with a few changes, both major and minor. If there's one thing I've learned doing these, it's that they take time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Private Military, Ace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users