Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Trying to get good at team deathmatch...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

sklathill

sklathill

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

...and I feel like I'm missing something.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to go for help?

I feel like the only thing I can do is stay defensive and take shots whenever someone is in front of me.

I do okay against <1600 rooms, but once I'm in 1600+ territory, I get obliterated.

Been playing a lot, but I don't feel like I'm getting better.

Anybody able to help?

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Priotize your build on Maneuvrabilty for your jet, and if possible use Armor and Stealth.

Weapons: Well Homing Combo as obvious solution. I use the Seeker Cooling unit too, to keep lockon times short.

Personally I preferred to fly in rooms restricted to a max of 1500 Points for your jet or alternatively piston restricted rooms.

Basically you should remember this: Almost everyone circlejerks. So skill is not really a question.

Did you see the Pics Panda posted in the other thread? You can be MVP in one match and with the same Jet get no points in the next. It actually is pretty random.

Oh: And stick to Jets without bay doors. Believe me, I tried my Wyvern. I could manage, but only cause it is actually maxed. It was a flying tank (could take six hits without problem) but the Bay delay seriously hurts in TDM. I would see to the russian branch. A SU35/37 is a good choice.

If you build your set for a 1500 or less room, be sure to use only a LV1 special weapon. So you have more points for your jet.

Edited by Kazama Shin, 18 January 2016 - 10:16 PM.

sklathill

sklathill

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Maybe skill isn't that big a factor, but I feel like I must be making mistakes a plenty...

Typical loadouts for me focus on pitch and acceleration, homing and propulsion.

My most successful plane is an EA-18G with ECM, lvl 15.

For under 1500, I do the Area 88 F-5 and F-20.

I kinda wish I could watch someone who's good at deathmatch actually fly, and see what he's doing.

I guess I want to know if that theoretical awesome pilot is basically doing the same thing I'm doing (defensive and throwing missiles when possible), just more precisely and efficiently than me... or if he's got something else he's thinking about and doing...

Alternatively.. would people be interested in critiquing my flying if I stream myself?

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

heres a match i recorded in a <1500cst room against players with a mmr similar to my own if it helps at all. theres not really much to tdm, you just follow a plane and keep firing missiles at it while going as fast as you can all the time.

Acrux SKM

Acrux SKM

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Squad:Strangereal Modding Team®
  • Plane:Su-27 Flanker-B

heres a match i recorded in a <1500cst room against players with a mmr similar to my own if it helps at all. theres not really much to tdm, you just follow a plane and keep firing missiles at it while going as fast as you can all the time.

Your ride is apparently at lvl 20 since it got 100 6AAMs, I got my 12 lvld SU-27 and still dominate the fight with a maximum rank in the 30's, also the circle jerk technique is boring as hell, you only get 0-4 kills in a match. I tried it once and only got 1 hit on a target :P, doing some evasive maneuvers while dodging QAAMs is one helluva way to enjoy the dogfight. be an Ace of Aces not Jerk of Jerks ;).

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Your ride is apparently at lvl 20 since it got 100 6AAMs, I got my 12 lvld SU-27 and still dominate the fight with a maximum rank in the 30's, also the circle jerk technique is boring as hell, you only get 0-4 kills in a match. I tried it once and only got 1 hit on a target :P, doing some evasive maneuvers while dodging QAAMs is one helluva way to enjoy the dogfight. be an Ace of Aces not Jerk of Jerks ;).

hmm thats strange, special weapon count must not go down in cst restricted setups. yeah, the circle jerking gets old quick but thats what we get when we have a game with heat seeking missiles.

ntdm has more than just fighters so its a bit more enjoyable than regular tdm

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

Ring TDM might be interesting if you think about it, considering the conditions is not based on kills but rather control you could have some plays sacrificing a life/damage for extra rings. Adding conditions where you can choose an objective over mobility is always nice.

Anyways don't look to get better in a shit mode. 

Edited by ekirbo, 26 January 2016 - 01:04 PM.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Well, easier said than done, but true, sometimes if you don't play their game, they have some problems. Also got some people by surprise with SAAM Longrange Sniping ;). And I mean long range. Also equipped the Range enhancer part ;).Using this technique allthough means you WILL need maximum stealth, to get away with it. ;)

Acrux SKM

Acrux SKM

Rookie

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Squad:Strangereal Modding Team®
  • Plane:Su-27 Flanker-B

Well, easier said than done, but true, sometimes if you don't play their game, they have some problems. Also got some people by surprise with SAAM Longrange Sniping ;). And I mean long range. Also equipped the Range enhancer part ;).Using this technique allthough means you WILL need maximum stealth, to get away with it. ;)

I tried it once. it was a good idea but the problem that they stick up on my ass when I'm tryna to get into position to snipe. I had the chance once, escaped from the furball, went KMs away, got a lock, and destroyed a Raptor that was doing the circle jerk bullshit, it felt good but once I got caught up I never had the chance once again. the S++ homing was worth it though. ;)

Edited by Acrux SKM, 08 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

OmegaEGG

OmegaEGG

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

They can't see you, so they can't hate you. :P

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

...and I feel like I'm missing something.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to go for help?

I feel like the only thing I can do is stay defensive and take shots whenever someone is in front of me.

I do okay against <1600 rooms, but once I'm in 1600+ territory, I get obliterated.

Been playing a lot, but I don't feel like I'm getting better.

Anybody able to help?

why , don't you have a triangle button in your joystick?, that thing can help even a monkey be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users