Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The 'critique my build' -thread...

Builds ACI Assembler

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven
Shiiiit even I probably have more level 10 planes than bota here has.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

In case your guys wonder. I am using Light fin for my MSLs since, together with a friend, we figured out the Light Fin together with homing Plans is enough for COOP. That leaves more room for other weapon parts. TDM of course it another thing, but for COOP the Combo of Light Fin and Homing Plans M is more than enough.

My two Tornado Configs:

First the LACM Config:

http://asm.aceinf.gl...c17252b281t0300

I use only Warheads, since that is more than enough Firepower for them. Together with Awareness circuit I have rarely ammo issues. Propulsion is needed, since the LACM flies slow. 3 Slots for light Fin rounds it out. At lv 20, the Tornado is surprisingly good at going at Air Targets.

Second: 4AGM Config:

http://asm.aceinf.gl...c17252b1w1t0300

Since the Tornados 4 AGM never can go above the 2500 damage, like the Higher tier SU34 AX or A10 Oruma can, I decided to only use Warheads L for them, boosting their Power to 2016. Awareness circuit for max Ammo is essentia too (96 4 AGMs). That leaves enough room for Homing Plans M and Light Fin. This way, the LV20 Tornado is able to even get T50 and similar planes with little problems. The Tornado almost feels like a Multirole this way.

The Oruma and AX use a similar 4AGM Lay out, but since they can do more damage with them, They get the Combo of Warheads L, Missile Enhancement Kit M and Awareeness circuit L. 4AGMs power is at 2496 then. More than enough to one shot most targets, even on a Hard map. The AX has enough room for Light fin then too (38 slots). The Oruma needs some work in this department still (currently 34 weapon slots), so it lacks the Light fin.

Edited by Kazama Shin, 06 January 2016 - 10:31 AM.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

You know I gave this a try and it is interesting, at least... The lack of a yaw is a pain in the ass, though

What maps or situations do you use this max speed loadout? Because I see little need for it on small maps like Retro Tokyo...

And why ECM instead of rocket pods?

I use it on all maps including hard maps, and I use ECM cause I'm not selfish.

Edited by ekirbo, 06 January 2016 - 05:08 PM.

botafogo4life

botafogo4life

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Plane:B-1B Lancer

Shiiiit even I probably have more level 10 planes than bota here has.

For your sake, I'd certainly hope so...

I use it on all maps including hard maps, and I use ECM cause I'm not selfish.

Well to be fair, you'd also need ECM to have the luxury of not having to dodge missiles the entire round, especially on Retro-Hard... If you fly on Retro-Hard without any stealth parts and most everyone else has at least some stealth, you're gonna get peppered...

I guess I need more levels in Dick Bong...(currently level 10)

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Well to be fair, you'd also need ECM to have the luxury of not having to dodge missiles the entire round, especially on Retro-Hard... If you fly on Retro-Hard without any stealth parts and most everyone else has at least some stealth, you're gonna get peppered...

ECMs are also very useful during N/TDM as well, had my fair share of seeing a Pixy using them and the bastard was difficult to hit….I don't really use stealth parts too often, would rather use armor than getting 1 shot by XSAMs or Migs on Retro [H]

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

That is my Preferation too. I also use Bombs more than the RKTL on my Pistons.

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

My current Coop Setups for my F14R3.

http://asm.aceinf.gl...30c0x25261h1w00

http://asm.aceinf.gl...30c0x2s281h1w00

LunarAlbatross

LunarAlbatross

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

My current setting for Co-op:

Su-33

http://asm.aceinf.gl...c0h0x1t1o1z1u01

Gripen C

As playing Hard map more often, any advice on improving the setup

I think I am fighting a bit too slow and it is a great issue to get S rank in hard map

(Average score 40-50K, simply not enough for hard map)

And which of the above do you think as a better potential after upgrading?

I would like to choose one as a horse-runner and level up it to Lv 15

The upgrade cost for both to Lv 14 is 3 million, which is huge to me

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

My current setting for Co-op:

Su-33

Gripen C

And which of the above do you think as a better potential after upgrading?

I would like to choose one as a horse-runner and level up it to Lv 15

The upgrade cost for both to Lv 14 is 3 million, which is huge to me

Griphen I'd say, partially because they're not seen often, partially since Su-33 at 15 doesn't get many notable advantages over a 15 griphen.

I remember with 3 million was a large sum, good times.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Flanker D is much better than Gripen for hard mode, since Gripen damage is too low.

Try something like http://asm.aceinf.gl...c0h0x1s1p283v01for the Flanker. It has worse range than your current setup, but HPAAs can kill hard mode Raptors in one hit, and that's really good. You don't need seeker cooling unit since basic datalink does the same thing.

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

You also have to consider air to ground damage brain. Multiroles can provide for that.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts

Rocket Gripen is pretty bad at ground damage too though. It needs to be level 18 and have damage L and plans L just to one shot XSAMs. I think it's better to go with the plane that's good at AA and bad at ground over the plane that's bad at everything.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken
i know a thing or two about planes that are bad at everything

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

The Su-33 will serve as a good dogfighter, mind you. HCAAs can be spammed on B7R and the SOLG raid, HPAAs can beat the shit out of red enemies on maps like Moscow, WBA (if you get the furball EM) or any of the ace squadron EMs, and even on hard maps they're instant death, and then HVAAs can snipe on maps like Aerospace and Alps. Just remember the HVAAs and HCAAs have the second worst damage of A2A missiles, and the Su-33's only mid-tier.

LunarAlbatross

LunarAlbatross

Rookie

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Thank everyone for the advice

Griphen I'd say, partially because they're not seen often, partially since Su-33 at 15 doesn't get many notable advantages over a 15 griphen.

I remember with 3 million was a large sum, good times.

I agree that level up Gripen is more cost efficient, but I am in doubt if this beast can catch up in the speed on hard map

The million drop? No expectation, no disappointment

By the way, I have seen a F-16F in WBA hard today and did quite well

Flanker D is much better than Gripen for hard mode, since Gripen damage is too low.

Try something like http://asm.aceinf.gl...c0h0x1s1p283v01for the Flanker. It has worse range than your current setup, but HPAAs can kill hard mode Raptors in one hit, and that's really good. You don't need seeker cooling unit since basic datalink does the same thing.

Thanks very much. I am trying your setting on both plane

Low/Mid Tier damage is a great weakness and I don't know how to overcome it

i know a thing or two about planes that are bad at everything

I want to know more (curious)

The Su-33 will serve as a good dogfighter, mind you. HCAAs can be spammed on B7R and the SOLG raid, HPAAs can beat the shit out of red enemies on maps like Moscow, WBA (if you get the furball EM) or any of the ace squadron EMs, and even on hard maps they're instant death, and then HVAAs can snipe on maps like Aerospace and Alps. Just remember the HVAAs and HCAAs have the second worst damage of A2A missiles, and the Su-33's only mid-tier.

Yes, I choose it as I am bad at multi-lock weapon and Su-33 can let me focus on flying (And also the lovely blue colour and the canards) and it doesn't let me down

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

My build as of lately: http://asm.aceinf.gl...30x121j1s253v04

I know I don't see that many people fly the A model so lets see what you guys have in mind as tips/advice

(only got the extinguisher on because I like to play pretty ballsy but I do have most of the last parts on the tree)

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Rocket Gripen is pretty bad at ground damage too though. It needs to be level 18 and have damage L and plans L just to one shot XSAMs. I think it's better to go with the plane that's good at AA and bad at ground over the plane that's bad at everything.

Why not use RKTL purely for red ground TGTs and put everything into MSL for A2A?

Tongates

Tongates

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Plane:Su-25 Frogfoot

Yes! What he ^^^ said.  B)

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

How's this for a vanilla Foxhound class? (As mentioned in the question thread, I intend to replace the LAAM Range + Speed part with SPW Warhead S when I have 8 bonus slots for more 1HKOs in Hard maps)

http://asm.aceinf.gl...30c141j284u3w03

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
This is how I build my planes. Exeptions are for specific builds like on MiG-31 -GV- where I use an "interceptor" build.
Intended to have full 42 slots, ehich I'm really far away even for high tier Multiroles.

Fighters:
- Body: Acc L, Pitch L, Roll L;
- Arms: Enhanced guidance (MSL) L, Fin (MSL) M, Propulsion (Sp.W.) L, Fin (Sp.W.) L.

A2A Sp.W. Multiroles:
- Body: Acc L, Pitch L, Airbrakes L;
- Arms: Target Awarness (Sp.W.) L, Missile Enhancement (Sp.W.) L, Sp.W. specific part S/M (like SAAM circle M), Fin (Sp.W.) S/M depending on slots required by specific part.

A2G Sp.W. Multiroles:
- Body: Acc L, Compressor LL, Pitch L;
- Arms: Enhanced guidance (MSL) L, Fin (MSL) L, Enhanced power (MSL) M, Sp.W. specific part S/M (like LAGM Radius M).

Attackers:
- Body: Acc L, Compressor LL, Armor LL;
- Arms: Target Awarness / Hardpoints (Sp.W.) L, Warheads / Explosives (Sp.W.) L, Firepower (Sp.W.) L, Fin (MSL) lightweight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users