Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 Plot/story speculation (Spoiler alert)

116 replies to this topic

Falken Hunter

Falken Hunter

Pilot of the Hi-Nu Gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu
Anyone get the feeling that prisoner will be part of your squad? Guessing those planes with markings painted over will be what the player will use in a covert/unofficial squadron, can't wait to see how things turn out

Edited by Falken Hunter, 06 December 2016 - 10:15 PM.

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

The Protagonist will be Osean, the cut scene story will follow POWs in Erusea testing new tech/weapons. I am calling a wild card - the game will end on a cliff hanger and the story will be a two-parter. I smell a conventional World War setup, after which the corporations gain the military power over nations. A reverse Ace Combat 5 - there's a sequel game instead of a prequel game.

Edited by daHawk, 07 December 2016 - 02:45 AM.

FX102A

FX102A

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Plane:F-35C Lightning II
Looking back at these discussions I'm surprised and somewhat glad to see that I'm not the only one that considers 5 more flawed than the other titles on the PS2.

Although my main gripes are mainly the bugs present in the game; hence why I never fly the Rafale M.

The idea of an unofficial squadron with painted out markings sounds plausible. I did read somewhere that the Razgriz would make a return (although from a random source with no actual evidence). Although if you think about it, a group of POWs escaping half way through the game and deciding to resurrect the squadron? Perhaps instructed by a former member?

Somewhat unimaginative but I can dig it.

ThirstierRug19

ThirstierRug19

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Maybe AC7's story could be about a conspiracy to pit Osea and Erusea against each other, sorta like what the Grey Men were doing in 5.

Maybe AC7's story is structured in a form similar to 5's: A conspiracy pitting two countries against each other for revenge, just like what the Grey Men were doing in 5. 

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

thats a pretty severe lack of imagination dont you think

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

thats a pretty severe lack of imagination dont you think

probably more imagination than what ac 7 will actually bring to the table

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

probably more imagination than what ac 7 will actually bring to the table

id rather have something totally different and bad than copying something that was already bad

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

So it seems that OctoCamo looking thing Mihaly is wearing is some sort of super-advanced G-suit/exoskeleton.

You know, for some reason I think there may be EMPs involved in the plot.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack

yeah, EMP will disable not!Y13's pacemaker

how's that for a climax boss

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

Grimm better become the greatest ace in the history of Ace Combat

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Grimm better become the greatest ace in the history of Ace Combat

and learn not to be a sissy too

Warlord6

Warlord6

Noob

• Members
  • 9 posts

The Protagonist will be Osean, the cut scene story will follow POWs in Erusea testing new tech/weapons. I am calling a wild card - the game will end on a cliff hanger and the story will be a two-parter. I smell a conventional World War setup, after which the corporations gain the military power over nations. A reverse Ace Combat 5 - there's a sequel game instead of a prequel game.

They better not do that cliffhanger crap they did in Infinity.

Just give us a full game please.

Considering the amount of time they're spending on it, they might as well.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Plane:E-767

I never did consider Infinity's campaign to have ended in a cliffhanger. Isn't that what multiplayer was for? It's literally "Operation Eternal Liberation", meaning that we would constantly fly over the same areas over and over again from an infinite+1 number of enemies.

Seeing how technology seems to play a big part in this, I would say that this is the build up to the corporate war. By this time, General Resources already exists (from AC6), and while the EASA is still around, they have the potential to be absorbed/rebranded into Neucom in the aftermath. Having Osea, most likely still receiving arms from Grunder/General Resources (Osean government isn't exactly competent based off of AC5, they'll never learn their lesson), fighting the Kingdom of Erusea (which EASA would have direct ties with) would seem to mirror the future corporate war.

Throwing this out there, too: ISAF will pop out of nowhere. Maybe. What the heck happened to them? For us to not have heard of anything from this alliance where the best Ace of the series hails from is concerning.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I never did consider Infinity's campaign to have ended in a cliffhanger. Isn't that what multiplayer was for? It's literally "Operation Eternal Liberation", meaning that we would constantly fly over the same areas over and over again from an infinite+1 number of enemies.

Other than the fact that the OLDS never came into play again, and that red Mobius emblem at the end.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Other than the fact that the OLDS never came into play again, and that red Mobius emblem at the end.

I think the Red Mobius is just a reference to Infinite-111, one of the concepts for AC4's squadron before they went with Mobius.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

shill pls go

Infinity's campaign was half-baked, and while I think that was the point, it was incredibly lazy of them to do so, and they had enough time and attention out of the game that they could have given it a half-decent ending.

Estovakian

Estovakian

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Plane:E-767

shill pls go

Infinity's campaign was half-baked, and while I think that was the point, it was incredibly lazy of them to do so, and they had enough time and attention out of the game that they could have given it a half-decent ending.

It's not like I was singing praises about the single player (in fact, I was disappointed with the small amount of "missions" prolonged only by ridiculous AI). It just never felt like a cliffhanger for me, is all. It was more like "Oh, that's it? Eh, whatever, I'll just wait [for the next AC game].".

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users