Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 Plot/story speculation (Spoiler alert)

116 replies to this topic

Zhoenix360

Zhoenix360

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

The formation of UPEO near or at the end of this game (and being a pivotal plot point) seems appropriate. Though I don't deny the possibility of the involvement of the grey men (including somehow the growth of GR), it seems plausible that the events shown in the trailer were set in motion through the handiwork of AWWNB.

Edited by Zhoenix360, 06 January 2016 - 01:09 PM.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Just imagine the end of the final mission briefing: "With any luck, this will be the last battle nations will ever have to fight. Go forth and bring peace to us all, SARF."

And then they blast something like JA's "For Us All" during the end credits. :P

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Just imagine the end of the final mission briefing: "With any luck, this will be the last battle nations will ever have to fight. Go forth and bring peace to us all, SARF."

That would mean little Rena should be in. However, no signs of her.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

a little twist in the end would be nice :D.Like we were double agent for GR/Neucom/Osea/Erusia all along :D

Edited by FoxHoundElite, 06 January 2016 - 09:15 PM.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
It's actually kinda funny; the main theme of the game seems to be how UCAVs are replacing actual pilots on the frontlines, right? AC3's battles weren't generally as massive as they are in modern AC, so far as I know, so... maybe the corps (and UPEO, by extension) chose to fight the old fashioned way while the world's nations chose to convert their air forces to UCAV arsenals? Could explain why it's such a big deal to be the 'ace' of a given side in AC3, and why we run into our former wingmen all the time when we choose to fly for GR when it's statistically improbable given how big battles usually get in this universe.

Edited by Digolgrin, 07 January 2016 - 01:29 AM.

Zhoenix360

Zhoenix360

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

This game has the exciting potential of exploring a few plot concepts that would nicely bridge us between the legacy series and AC3/Advance:
1) Advancement of UCAV AI (potentially networked) and associated tech in either an arms race or self-awareness/rampancy capacity (or both)

2) Formation of NUN and UPEO as last ditch effort at enforcing global synergy and peace.

3) Refinement of fictional/conceptual fighter aircraft tech such as COFFIN and TLS

4) Orbital platforms

5) More Ulysses

Edited by Zhoenix360, 07 January 2016 - 12:40 PM.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

This game has the exciting potential of exploring a few plot concepts that would nicely bridge us between the legacy series and AC3/Advance:
1) Advancement of UCAV AI (potentially networked) and associated tech in either an arms race or self-awareness/rampancy capacity (or both)

2) Formation of NUN and UPEO as last ditch effort at enforcing global synergy and peace.

3) Refinement of fictional/conceptual fighter aircraft tech such as COFFIN and TLS

4) Orbital platforms

5) More Ulysses

a space combat mission like Zero Gravity in AC3 is a good throw back ;)

I want to be an Osean astronaut and be able to pilot this...eh... thing?

Boeing_X-37B_inside_payload_fairing_befo

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Is it just me, or does Lighthouse's foundation look a lot like Megafloat? Seriously; Megafloat almost looks as if it once housed an orbital elevator back in the day. Look at its center; doesn't really *look* like a city, does it?

Edited by Digolgrin, 13 February 2016 - 12:14 AM.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Is it just me, or does Lighthouse's foundation look a lot like Megafloat? Seriously; Megafloat almost looks as if it once housed an orbital elevator back in the day. Look at its center; doesn't really *look* like a city, does it?

it is....AC7 will take place " a few year" after AC6 so Megafloat will be probably finished by that time

Doormat200

Doormat200

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Squad:Twintail Squadron
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

I don't know about Megafloat but this "Lighthouse" space elevator looks like it's built near the Comona islands rocket base.

Apparently space elevators need to be built near the equator and the rocket base in close enough.

If this is the case, what would Osea be doing near the Usea continent? And what would the Erusians be up to? 

That giant flying aerial battleship could belong to one of the former ISAF member countries as it's drones seem to attack the Raptor at the end of the trailer.

Maybe that girl who base jumps from the Lighthouse is related to Mobius 1 somehow, or maybe even the player character.

(That is a bit of a longshot)

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

If this is the case, what would Osea be doing near the Usea continent? And what would the Erusians be up to? 

remember,Osea used to want to have a piece of Usea's land arcording to ACAH Legacy/Cross Rumble( a remake of AC2 for 3DS),but they didnt make it

That giant flying aerial battleship could belong to one of the former ISAF member countries as it's drones seem to attack the Raptor at the end of the trailer

It's already confirmed that giant flying carrier (codename:FAS) is designed to protect Lighthouse, and that space elevator is pretty much belong to Erusia so the FAS is also one of their arsenal too...probably

The big question is : Where the hell is ISAF this time?

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk
Well, considering ACI's final video, on the post-campaign, showing Mobius emblem with changed colours + the orange lights, and the appearance of such orange light on a siren on AC7's trailer lighthouse, I might think there will be a return of Mobius squadron.

AC5 remixed soundtrack? Mmmh, this and the above might give an idea of a multiple returning of old squadrons / main character. Maybe they decided to start with the reunions to increase the hype on the games and try to sell the nostalgy over real content?

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Well, considering ACI's final video, on the post-campaign, showing Mobius emblem with changed colours + the orange lights, and the appearance of such orange light on a siren on AC7's trailer lighthouse, I might think there will be a return of Mobius squadron.

AC5 remixed soundtrack? Mmmh, this and the above might give an idea of a multiple returning of old squadrons / main character. Maybe they decided to start with the reunions to increase the hype on the games and try to sell the nostalgy over real content?

oh please...enough nostalgia with ACI..we want something fresh

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
Osea trying to take Usea? That's what I thought after knowing that the Raptor had Osean emblem and the Sukhois had Erusean emblem. But, what I think is, this might be an even larger war. I was thinking that Yuktobania would join the war. Maybe become allies with Osea and try to take Usea together. Or maybe it's another war between Osea and Yuktobania, so they are spreading influence in Usea. And in this case, I'd like to think that the ISAF either joins Osea or Yuktobania, or the ISAF is disbanded and countries split on their own path and either joining Osea or Yuktobania. Or it could be a bloodier war than we expected. Osea and Yuktobania, though both are invading Usea, are still enemies, and still fight each other. And the Usean countries unite under the flag of ISAF and band together to defend their continent from invaders. Who knows, maybe we can see Blaze dueling against Mobius 1, or we can see the Yellow squadron flying together with the Mobius squadron.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Osea trying to take Usea? That's what I thought after knowing that the Raptor had Osean emblem and the Sukhois had Erusean emblem. But, what I think is, this might be an even larger war. I was thinking that Yuktobania would join the war. Maybe become allies with Osea and try to take Usea together. Or maybe it's another war between Osea and Yuktobania, so they are spreading influence in Usea. And in this case, I'd like to think that the ISAF either joins Osea or Yuktobania, or the ISAF is disbanded and countries split on their own path and either joining Osea or Yuktobania. Or it could be a bloodier war than we expected. Osea and Yuktobania, though both are invading Usea, are still enemies, and still fight each other. And the Usean countries unite under the flag of ISAF and band together to defend their continent from invaders. Who knows, maybe we can see Blaze dueling against Mobius 1, or we can see the Yellow squadron flying together with the Mobius squadron.

you didnt know about ACAH Legacy's plot did you?and please...the Yellow squad is totally destroyed after Usean Continent war so they wont return

ANd your theory ...imo it's not very practical..Seriously, give those legendary aces a break..Continue plotting about them like beating a dead horse :(

Edited by FoxHoundElite, 02 March 2016 - 07:11 AM.

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts

you didnt know about ACAH Legacy's plot did you?and please...the Yellow squad is totally destroyed after Usean Continent war so they wont return
ANd your theory ...imo it's not very practical..Seriously, give those legendary aces a break..Continue plotting about them like beating a dead horse :(

I'm sorry. I know ACAHL's plot. It was just my wild fantasy. Maybe you guys would like to see the trailer analysis by a YouTuber named AceCombatFan. He gave a nice analysis regarding the trailer. Long story short, I think his theory is that Osea and Erusea are fighting to build a space elevator. But the problem is, we all know Erusea was devastated after the war, and the owner of the Lighthouse is still unknown. We'll just hope Namco won't screw this one up.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

I'm sorry. I know ACAHL's plot. It was just my wild fantasy. Maybe you guys would like to see the trailer analysis by a YouTuber named AceCombatFan. He gave a nice analysis regarding the trailer. Long story short, I think his theory is that Osea and Erusea are fighting to build a space elevator. But the problem is, we all know Erusea was devastated after the war, and the owner of the Lighthouse is still unknown. We'll just hope Namco won't screw this one up.

oh sorry...you're right :). But im still wondering why Osea need a space elevator while they already had the Mass Driver for SSTO launch?Space elevator is more cost effective i assume?

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
The whole plot is still quite unclear. Maybe they are working on a bigger space project, or maybe it could be the US vs Soviet space race taken to a more extreme level. Still, we don't know how come did Erusea manage to get some power after the devastating war. Though it is likely that they've already recovered, since AC7 seems to take place sometime near ACX or AC3, as shown by the futuristic weaponries. So, I guess for now we can theorize that Erusea owns the Lighthouse and Osea wants to take it, or the Lighthouse is the property of ISAF or some sort of alliance in Usea, and Erusea was just doing their job by protecting it from the Oseans.

Edited by AnkaDewo, 02 March 2016 - 08:44 PM.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

If a country is backed by a super company like Neucom...can it gain its stand again?

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
Oh, right. Super companies can help countries rebuild. Perhaps Neucom might get involved. Hmm... I wonder if GrĂ¼nder and General Resource will also appear.

Edited by AnkaDewo, 02 March 2016 - 10:51 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users