Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 Plot/story speculation (Spoiler alert)

108 replies to this topic

cmdnascar

cmdnascar

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

I want the ending to make me cry. That is all.

Be careful what you wish for. :)

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

I think I have said this before, but the emblems on the aircraft might just be indicating that the game is in strangereal and not necessarily involving Osea or Erusea.
Just sit back relax and just wait for more information.

I doubt they'd make those models only for them not to use them. ( I also want to believe that there's at least some usefull information in the trailer...)

Also nah, I'm pretty sure it's the raptor pilot saying you're mine. He also says "I see it" earlier in the trailer.
Anyways this is a thread for dumb speculation, I know there's Jackshit to go on. I'm just hypotheiszing on what I know about what Kono's done in the past.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

The main point to the trailer is to show that Ace Combat 7 is coming. I think we can all agree to that.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

The main point to the trailer is to show that Ace Combat 7 is coming. I think we can all agree to that.

The issue is, after AH and ACI, I don't think that's intrinsicly exciting. If they just wanted to announce it was coming, may as well done it through a press release like Ace Combat 6.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
Yeah even ACI's first teaser had so much shit going down.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Yeah even ACI's first teaser had so much shit going down.

PA had a lot to play with though. include as many references to previous games as possible and get nostalgic fans overly excited with wallets ready. 

ac7's reveal was mostly showing us the new tech they're playing with

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
I'm just really curious as to when we'll next see a trailer, even just a teaser.

JNT11593

JNT11593

Expert

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

PA had a lot to play with though. include as many references to previous games as possible and get nostalgic fans overly excited with wallets ready. 

ac7's reveal was mostly showing us the new tech they're playing with

Sony could have also wanted a trailer out sooner than PA wanted, so they would have more games to show off their VR system.

Edited by JNT11593, 28 December 2015 - 09:01 PM.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Something came into my mind today: Neucom's Megafloat should be finished by this time right?will we see it in AC7?should be another megastructure beside Lighthouse right? :)

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Isn't that nothing more than fanfiction, Foxhound? We don't know precisely when Megafloat was built.

Dolemite

Dolemite

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Plane:F-35C Lightning II

Megafloat was under construction in AC4.  So it's a real thing in strangereal, which is probably done.  If it appears is anybody's guess.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Another thing, notice that the Raptor pilot is calm even after encountering the FAS.So that must be why he came prepared with external missile pods.

Speculation:

In a first battle with the FAS, Osea was unaware of its capabilities and ultimately lost, so they analysed it and prepared the pilot with additional armaments for a second encounter with the FAS.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Megafloat was under construction in AC4. So it's a real thing in strangereal, which is probably done. If it appears is anybody's guess.

I should note mega float is a generic Japanese term for a floating megastructure, just like GeoFront is a generic Japanese term for underground habitable cavities. It isn't necessarily Neucoms Megafloat. Personally, I like to think they're mulberries for either invasion in AC04, but that's just me.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I'm just gonna repost a theory I attempted to put forward on the main thread:

What if AC7 is the culmination of the Grey Men saga?

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but I've been thinking about this for a good while. I think I may have sufficient evidence to carry this one through. So just sit back and relax. Okay? Okay.

We know for a fact that the Grey Men were behind the events of AC5. This we cannot dispute. Their goals seem very clear; they wanted to seek revenge for the Belkan War by pitting Osea and Yuktobania against each other, and then 'escalating' the war through artificial means, hopefully to the point where it goes nuclear--as evidenced by its attempts to nuke Okchabursk with the Arkbird, and, when that failed, trying to straight-up annihilate Osea with its V2 warhead. However, we never heard a whisper of what became of them in the end--all Razgriz did was silence Adler, kill their moles inside both countries' air forces (Ofnir and Grabacr Squadrons) and destroy that last V2 along with the SOLG--and, of course, ending the war that they engineered.

But I think their influence could be felt as far back as ACZ, and even in AC6. Check this out.

By all accounts, the Seven Nuclear Attacks wasn't wholy supported by the Belkan Air Force. Remember those neutral Foxhounds back in Stage of Annihilation? Those guys were clearly regular Belkan grunts, much like Huckebein--who left the BAF because he was ordered to drop a nuclear weapon on another Belkan city on the day of Operation Battle-Axe, if his account of events in AC5 is to be believed.

So, then, if that's true, then what about the bombers? Well, if they had any sense, they probably wouldn't have taken off either. They probably would've just stayed wherever they were stationed and refuse to take off. Someone had to get them in the air, otherwise the Seven Nuclear Attacks wouldn't have happened. That someone would've had to have a strong degree of influence in the Belkan strategic bomber corps--someone like a Grey Men agent, or even a Grey Man himself.

My guess? He probably had the base commanders tell the aircrews that they were carrying iron bombs meant to forestall an Allied offensive heading for their target, having learned his lesson with Huckebein. So placated, the bombers would've gone up without even questioning their orders; they had iron bombs, Hoffnung had just been bombed five nights before, why not return the favor to their wretched soldiers? The Foxhound crews we see in Stage of Annihilation likely caught onto the deception and tried to get the bombers to turn back, to no avail--thus aiding Galm Team in taking them down. However, all the other bomber squadrons had no such nay-sayers, and so happily dropped their as-of-yet unknown nuclear payloads right on top of all those Belkan towns.

I will admit, this may make the Grey Men's motives all the murkier. Why would they want the Allies to extend an olive branch and end the war? Well, perhaps the Grey Men once thought they were doing Belka a favor, knowing full well that the Allied Forces and the Demon Lord together made up one hell of a pain train, one that would really fucking hurt when it got to Dinsmark. However, the Lumen treaty turned out to favor Osea greatly, forcing Belka to cede its southern territories to them. This definitely would've pissed them off so much that they would be willing to set two superpowers to nuke each other into submission in order to get South Belka back.

A World With No Boundaries may very well have been the Grey Men's first attempt at getting their revenge against the Allies. They've got the friggin' XB-0, for one thing, which Lying in Deceit implies, if not outright states, belongs to the Belkan Air Force first and foremost. But then you look at Gault Team, led by none other than Anton Kupchenko, one of Belka's chief R&D officials. If this isn't a clear indicator that he was a secret member of the Grey Men, I don't know what else is; he's a Belkan higher-up who wants to see borders all but wiped out, he failed to eject when he was shot down, likely to prevent the Allies from discovering his true allegiances, and he's the apparent leader of the entire group, seeing as, among all the other ace squadrons you can encounter in Knights of the Round Table, his Berkuts are better than the others' aircraft in every way.

And that's not even getting into the fact that they have a V2, and that they have a prototype Belkan fighter that only Kupchenko could've heard about and managed to procure. Not even Allied Intelligence had heard of it before.

Of course, both those assets were destroyed by Galm Team, and AWWNB fell soon after. With Kupchenko dead, I reckon the Grey Men had to find another way to take revenge... leading us right into AC5 and the Circum-Pacific War.

But I digress. Anyone here remember that Gault 7 went on to appear in AC6 as a named ace? Yup; Lorenz Riedel tried to escape the Emmerian Air Force just before the Aigaion was shot down, under the callsign Fenix, but was, unfortunately, shot down and presumably killed. It's stated that he was the one who gave the Estovakians the necessary technical know-how to build a Hresvelgr-esque craft--which we now recognize as the Aigaion. Perhaps he too (maybe even the other survivors of his squadron) was a Grey Men operative himself, tasked with granting Estovakia the means to wipe Emmeria off the playing board with ease. Without it, the Estovakian military is nigh-worthless; I mean, look how easily Garuda 1 can wipe the floor with them in the first mission before it shows up! Of course, Riedel's dead, this is true--but it's possible proof that the Grey Men aren't out of the game yet, and that they'll be back in due time.

Perhaps by starting a Strangereal World War so destructive and violent that it tires all those countries involved. I mean, Erusea seems about ready to try and give Osea what-for--so why not?

Zhoenix360

Zhoenix360

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

I imagine, in the context of the Strangereal timeline we might see the rise of Neucom and the institutionalization of UPEO

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

I imagine, in the context of the Strangereal timeline we might see the rise of Neucom and the institutionalization of UPEO

Then can we have our AC 3 OP missiles

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Plausible. UPEO IS a Peace Enforcement Organization, after all; a Strangereal World War might be just the thing the doctor ordered for these guys.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Don't forget General resources

Plausible. UPEO IS a Peace Enforcement Organization, after all; a Strangereal World War might be just the thing the doctor ordered for these guys.

But I don't think they will come into play till the very end of the game or at least half way in. This game may explain how UPEO came into being.

Zhoenix360

Zhoenix360

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

Don't forget General resources

But I don't think they will come into play till the very end of the game or at least half way in. This game may explain how UPEO came into being.

That was my musing. I only mention Neucom b/c of the Erusian Su-30's. Though it is likely that if a world war is brewing, GR would be involved as well

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I doubt the AC3 corps are going to get involved. This is a war between nations, not companies--at least, not yet. The Universal Peace Enforcement Organization was founded with the goal of intermediating in conflicts before they become a problem; mayhaps this coming war was the reason they came into existence. After all, the Lighthouse likely stands as a symbol of world peace, and yet Osea is willing to attack it for some reason.

Grey Men, amirite?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users