Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kono talks about the word Strangereal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,166 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

“Sora no Kakera” (written in katakana, as it appears in the Japanese version of the mission “Shattered Skies”), was originally “Sora no Kakera” (written in kanji), when Yasu-san suggested we call it “Shattered Skies” in English. That became the title, and we started using it everywhere, so when we put “Sora no Kakera” in the realtime OP, it was like “Heh? Is ’Sora no Kakera’ even being used anywhere anymore?”

“It’s changing everything, again” was also used originally, as a parody of something, but I don’t remember how we came up with it. I’m gettin old.

At the time, I had put it out there that “Strange Real World is kinda weird in English,” and even though in retrospect it’s just an embarrassing bit of made-up Engrish, somehow people got fixated on “Strangereal.” Like, even now I don’t quite get the nuance with which people are using it in English. I’m Tamo-san at heart.*

*This is a reference to the Japanese comedian Kazuyoshi "Tamori" Morita, host of the long running program "It's Okay to Laugh," but I don't get the meaning.

認めたくないものだな。w

spellca

spellca

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

I love how perplexed he is by "strangereal" I think we only started using it because the trailers had it and acz's opening, right? It really is a horrid name. 

Edited by spellca, 26 December 2015 - 08:12 PM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

I love how perplexed he is by "strangereal" I think we only started using it because the trailers had it and acz's opening, right? It really is a horrid name. 

A horrid name fitting for an autistic community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users