Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ITT Drawfag translates new AC7 interview

65 replies to this topic

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

mash circle and hope something hits: the game

I dunno, I just learned to abuse them and found consistent ways to actually avoid them even in the Berkut that bleeds speed to a shocking degree. It's all about showing the worst possible angle for the enemy before the latter even fires. By flying perpendicular to the enemy, I was able to dodge multiple missiles from multiple angles at low speed with a Berkut. That's a real achievement right there.

cegc135

cegc135

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Squad:Azure Squadron, NEU Official Elite Response Unit
  • Plane:R-101 Delphinus I

I hope those changes in missile tracking means less missiles but far better and more realistic tracking similar to ACE3's, that'd make players have to learn how to use the weather to their advantage and would make for a double edge sword since evading missiles will not longer be as easy as accelerating to max speed (PS2 ACE titles and ACE6) or a simple turn or loop.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
AC3's missile tracking wasn't realistic. It was fun to just spam the SRMs though.

Edited by Kaiten Sushi-kun, 24 December 2015 - 02:36 AM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

AC3's missile tracking wasn't realistic. It was fun to just spam the SRMs though.

Pretty much. Missiles IRL are actually more persistent than that, plus they usually detonate on proximity. Still, XFA+SRMs is fun all day eryday.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Curious DF, is this different than the Famitsu interview Nemo translated last week? Seems like the same content.

Really I still have no expectations for AC7 yet, because we've seen essentially nothing. Kono can keep saying the trailer is 'gameplay' all he wants, there's no way that's what the flow and feel of gameplay is like.

By the same token though, beyond the trailer being pretty mediocre, I don't see any reason to believe this will be an abject failure. I agree with Nemo that there are extenuating circumstances that factor into the problems with AC5 and ACAH other than "Kono is an incompetent producer" (AC5's rushed production and... whatever executive intervention lead to ACAH). I think what we're seeing is a classic case of a game being revealed waaaaaaay too early. I was thinking this might be a Spring 2017 title, but a lot of Kono's recent comments make it sound like they've barely even started on it. So tbh until they're up to show a new trailer or something, which I'm beginning to think won't be until next TGS, I don't think there'll be much for us to go on.There's really no point on clinging to every word of canned PR speak PA folks say.

AlphaJuliet

AlphaJuliet

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:Whore
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

(AC5's rushed production and... whatever executive intervention lead to ACAH).

woman-covered-in-slime-jelly-dirt-garbag

That.

Dia

Dia

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Plane:R-103 Delphinus III

Now GNN asks Kono-sama, "How about the taiwanese Not!f-18xF-5 (IDF FIGHTER)

Kono replies: Holy shit u guise have that, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT YOU BAKA GAIJIN, and we will research into it when I go back to glorious nippon" (translation: this will never be done.)

Lastly they are considering Chinese version etc. etc.

J-20....possibru...??? 

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
I'm torn, part of me agress that it'll be a spring 2017 release and that they announced things a bit too early.

But on the otherhand they're churning out photos and things very quickly which makes me think they're trying to get it out early, like as a VR launch game for example. Now I'm hoping that means they won't rush things and dish out something half assed in the hopes to get it on the VR bandwagon...but this is namco...LOL

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Pretty much. Missiles IRL are actually more persistent than that, plus they usually detonate on proximity. Still, XFA+SRMs is fun all day eryday.

If standard missiles in the game track like that we may need IR flares on cooldown.

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

KONO TALKS FLIGHT STICKS

Kono: Basically, we’re making it (Ace Combat 7) fit the controller. We’re not planning on [supporting] PlayStation Move because it’s motion sensor, so the machine doesn’t need to recognize the position of the [Move controller]. But, for flight sticks in general, if there’s a chance, we would like to talk to companies who manufacture the flight sticks in the future.

cegc135

cegc135

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Squad:Azure Squadron, NEU Official Elite Response Unit
  • Plane:R-101 Delphinus I

But it was definitely more realistic that all ACE titles (except ACE6 but partially) after that one, as missiles did not chase the target but rather intercepted them as missiles do in real life. The 'Short Range Missiles' (do not confuse with the Standard Missile) in ACE3 behave similarly to the missiles in following installments, but the Standard Missile behaves differently. Let me show you:

DJbbAyF.jpg

This explains it rather poorly, but it should get the message across.

Edited by cegc135, 29 December 2015 - 04:06 AM.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

But it was definitely more realistic that all ACE titles (except ACE6 but partially) after that one, as missiles did not chase the target but rather intercepted them as missiles do in real life. The 'Short Range Missiles' (do not confuse with the Standard Missile) in ACE3 behave similarly to the missiles in following installments, but the Standard Missile behaves differently. Let me show you:

This explains it rather poorly, but it should get the message across.

That's how it works, yes. There's only two ways to avoid these missiles from my experience:

1. Outrun. AC 3 missiles are still quite slow. This is by far the easiest option, hence why the R-103 probably has the easiest time evading missiles while the Berkut has the hardest time doing so.

2. Fly in such a way so that there is literally no way the missile can reach the predicted location.  This is the hardest option, but it's the most optimal.  Flying perpendicular to the enemy will guarantee these results most of the time. However, this does not always happen.

Basically AC 3 teaches you that you should never be directly tailed by an opponent in the first place. That's why I love the missiles.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Uh, PC. Joint Assault's director is, well, directing. Kono is only producing.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Uh, PC. Joint Assault's director is, well, directing. Kono is only producing.

Well shit, that's even worse.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Oh no not Joint Asshole...

falconkpd

falconkpd

Rookie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Plane:XFA-27

IE: It can't be or have anything new or else it will automatically be shit.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

I dun goofed. It's actually JA's writer and lead designer; nothing more than that. Kono has a lot of influence though.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,802 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I dun goofed. It's actually JA's writer and lead designer; nothing more than that. Kono has a lot of influence though.

Whatever the hell happened to the actually competent staff at PA who designed all the decent to good games? Oh right, GUTTED. Or maybe they just left for greener pastures when they realized how hard they were starting to rape the series they crafted.

I have very low hopes for this.

IE: It can't be or have anything new or else it will automatically be shit.

The only remotely good thing they've done with AC after 2007 is ACI, and that's basically a rehash of PS2 era elements and gameplay. Says something about their ability to innovate in any positive way. Forgive me if I'm skeptical and I'd rather they stick to the core AC gameplay that works than trying to come up with silly "innovative" gimmicks. I might be more hopeful if it was actually new people in charge, but all the key names I hear are people who've been in charge of the worst AC titles like JA and AH (and no, the setting being Strangereal does not fix anything as that was far from the main issue with said games).

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Kinda figured that would happen.

Look, we should at least wait for gameplay before we really start worrying. Or, at the very least, we should wait to hear anything beyond 'clouds are important', 'there'll be space elevators' and 'Strangereal'. If that whole 'weapon cost' thing comes back, THEN we can all boycott the game.

Yellow 13

Yellow 13

8W 737

• Global Moderators
  • 11,062 posts
  • Squad:156th TFW
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
DJbbAyF.jpg

Couldn't your graphic be explained by the following;

Standard missiles are IR-guided heat-seekers, so they will always 'follow' or pursue the heat source they're locked on to, while SPWs are radar-guided, enabling the interception-type performance? Just a thought. When running intercepts, we had the options of front, beam (side) and pursuit angles, the front angles being used by radar-guided munitions, likely. If anyone cares, beam attacks were with guns or unguided missiles (FFAR/HVAR 4" rockets).

Hope everyone's having a great New Year!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users