Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ITT Drawfag translates new AC7 interview

65 replies to this topic

Homuhomu

Homuhomu

Project Aces is my waifu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

Original here: http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/9/125559.html

So drawfag will do his best to keep the facts correct while keeping the nature of the dialogue true to character:

This Taiwanese game site called GNN visited Scamco HQ and managed to stalk and harass kono-kun. Here's goes:

Since AC6 in Nov 2007, it's been 8 years since AC got a proper console sequel. Utilizes Unreal Engine 4 and trueSKY tech to achieve realistic weather/scenery and the feeling of free flight combat

(lol, we totally use this engine because the summer lesson and tekken project probably worked out the pipeline for us)

Kono-chan: AC7 more or less carries the burden of the series being the project that comes out on its 20th anniversary. The new mechanism involves "the interaction of cloud". AC7 will emphasize different kind of cloud, they are not just things in the sky for show.... Different cloud will do different things to flight control. Also changing weather will affect the battlefield, bringing more unpredictability.

(Possible gimmicks, that can go horribly wrong YAY!)

In addition, in the past, dogfight usually breaks down to a game of snatching other player's tails...in this sequel, puri-puri-kono-san hopes that player can utilize cloud, weather, and "changes in missile tracking" (no, I did not make that term up and this sounds terrifying) to bring more freshness to the game. He also hope through fighter jet customization, players can customize their own plane

(yay, means to sell moar dlc!)

Kono-sama also mentioned AC7 is still in early stage of the project, and its about 20% in (inb4 this comes out after half life 3.) The team is still exploring how to use the power of PS VR to bring player new experience (BASICALLY WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK WE ARE DOING WITH THIS TECH) 

As for MP. They have specified any details, but will confirm that things like 4v4 and team death match will be in. They want to empahsize on squadron combat. However, nationwise battle or random battle hasnt been really considered (note: I am not sure how accurate the previous sentence is)

(Basically, GUYS, ACI has the MP DEVELOPMENT CUT SHORT FOR US, YATTA!)

As for what planes will be in? What is the criteria of putting a plane in? Kono claims they are using ACS thread as source of inspiration

Basically they are incorporating all the main/representative planes from each nation. However, they need the approval from each nation/manufacturer before they can include plane. Included aircrafts so far are raptor-tan, hornet-chan, and sugoi-30

Kono also mentioned he has the biggest plane boner for flanker series like Su-37 and Su-27.

Now GNN asks Kono-sama, "How about the taiwanese Not!f-18xF-5 (IDF FIGHTER)

Kono replies: Holy shit u guise have that, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THAT YOU BAKA GAIJIN, and we will research into it when I go back to glorious nippon" (translation: this will never be done.)

Lastly they are considering Chinese version etc. etc.

Dolemite

Dolemite

Rookie

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Plane:F-35C Lightning II

"changes in missile tracking"

lol

dead on arrival

XxxRazgrizxxX

XxxRazgrizxxX

ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Squad:SMS/9AD/FA(??)
  • Plane:F-15 ACTIVE

As for MP. They have specified any details, but will confirm that things like 4v4 and team death match will be in. They want to empahsize on squadron combat. However, nationwise battle or random battle hasnt been really considered (note: I am not sure how accurate the previous sentence is)

(Basically, GUYS, ACI has the MP DEVELOPMENT CUT SHORT FOR US, YATTA!)

I'm so ready for ESM-supported battles again.

AlphaJuliet

AlphaJuliet

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:Whore
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

"changes in missile tracking"

lol

dead on arrival

more like DRT

dead right there

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

AC6 already did "changes in missile tracking to change things up from getting behind enemy planes every time", and it was fine. Hopefully they'll base things off that and not come up with some dumb gimmick.

Homuhomu

Homuhomu

Project Aces is my waifu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

AC6 already did "changes in missile tracking to change things up from getting behind enemy planes every time", and it was fine. Hopefully they'll base things off that and not come up with some dumb gimmick.

>Kono directed AC5

>Kono directed ACAH

>four horsemen >snowflakes mission >dfm >apache mission > bomber mission......

no.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

Point.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

There's the possibility of making all missiles act like AC 3's missiles. I mean, isn't that the cooler option?

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

>Kono directed AC5
>Kono directed ACAH

>four horsemen >snowflakes mission >dfm >apache mission > bomber mission......

no.

*sweats nervously* not the apache mission oh god..

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

*sweats nervously* not the apache mission oh god..

Good thing I haven't played AH.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

There's the possibility of making all missiles act like AC 3's missiles. I mean, isn't that the cooler option?

mash circle and hope something hits: the game

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

Good thing I haven't played AH.

Hey, it wasn't that bad.

*bursts in laughter*

But seriously, the game was okay, but just no Ace Combat

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
Yeah ACAH was an alright stand alone game...

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

No actually, it was a bad game and a worse AC. It was an okay Michael Bay movie though.

skyace1000

skyace1000

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
The main representives of each nation for the plane roster.

That's almost the whole roster of infinity

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Ace Combat AH wasn't that bad. The attack helicopter was no fun to fly, they should have done it differently. Capital conquest was pretty fun. (That is where they got NTDM from)

It was an ok spin-off game, It could have been done better. I think this game was used as some sort of feedback testing grounds for ace combat fans. At least they were trying to be innovative unlike COD who practically puts up the same crap every year and changes very little and doesn't fix lag issues nor upgrades their graphics engine. There were some innovative features in ACAH that translated into Ace Combat Infinity.  

(When ACAH Legacy uses some sort of "DFM" no one bats an eye, but when ACAH does it, everyone loses their minds.)

No actually, it was a bad game and a worse AC. It was an okay Michael Bay movie though.

Who made you an authority on what a good game and a bad game is? If you want to make that statement at least back it up with some arguments so maybe become convened of your arguments.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

Who made you an authority on what a good game and a bad game is? If you want to make that statement at least back it up with some arguments so maybe become convened of your arguments.

srs bsns

But sure, it's a game based mostly around dumb gimmicks with practically zero replay value due to a fuckstupid level of scripted events. It's more of a movie than it is a game. Longer version. The multiplayer was terrible too, it's funny you use CoD as an example considering AH had far worse issues with lag (that's saying something), nevermind mechanics that don't work well for multiplayer at all.

(When ACAH Legacy uses some sort of "DFM" no one bats an eye, but when ACAH does it, everyone loses their minds.)

Probably because AHL's version of DFM is far less intrusive and didn't affect the rest of the game in a negative way, nevermind being completely optional.

Edited by PositronCannon, 23 December 2015 - 04:00 PM.

Kaiten Sushi-kun

Kaiten Sushi-kun

basic gameplay modes - $49.99

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  • Squad:ザ・ファンキー小隊
  • Plane:MiG-1.44 Flatpack
AC3D's gimmick wasn't even close to the on rails bullshit DFM brought to the table, you dipshit.

Also, DFM is just a shitty gimmick, nothing is innovative about it. COD comparison is pretty bad too. If you played the other games, you would know that the series is just as bad as Call of Duty when it comes to not making any major changes.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

Also, DFM is just a shitty gimmick, nothing is innovative about it. COD comparison is pretty bad too. If you played the other games, you would know that the series is just as bad as Call of Duty when it comes to not making any major changes.

Which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. If I have to choose between "don't fix what isn't broken, but change and improve some smaller things" and "break what isn't broken by changing the core gameplay itself", I think I'll take the former. I dunno, maybe I'm weird or something.

Edited by PositronCannon, 23 December 2015 - 04:14 PM.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost

Seal Clubbing Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Squad:Best Squad
  • Plane:R-103 Delphinus III

changes in missile tracking? darn, guess i won't be able to cheese my way through this one.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users