Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New Famitsu Interview (12/17)

50 replies to this topic

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,178 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Oh, actually I messed up that last part. He's currently writing it - he hasn't already written it.

Not that that's much less weird.

Also, it's slightly ambiguous whether Kono is talking about working together with Katabuchi on the scenario, or Katabuchi working with Kousuke Itomi. Either way, it seems odd that he would be talking about hammering out story details when they're already working on mission design. Just what is the state of the story, anyway?

Edit: I fixed a few other things too, but just for flow and clarity. It was late when I did this ^^;

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

That will be fun to fly through/around.

I wonder if it will be possible to enter the elevator shaft.

Yeah, if you want to stall half way up the elevator shaft.

1. Shoot a hole into the elevator
  2. Fly up shaft to destroy target at the top
  3. Destroy target at the top
  4. Fly back down the shaft while it collapses behind you

There is no room to maneuver to fly back down

The problem with the first three is that the top is in space.

Stalling is the main issue you will never make it to space

I doubt there'll be drone versions of IRL planes; all the planes appear to have cockpits here.

@Nemo: yeah, there was an interview with Harada just last year I think talking about Summer Lesson and Tekken where he off-handily mentioned that AC wasn't suitable for VR; I wonder what changed.

Also it's funny that they mention how well the PV's been received. Is that Famitsu being polite or has it had a positive reaction overall? The general public seems to have just seen it as kinda weird, from as far as I can tell. It doesn't help that it really really does not look like gameplay, even at 60fps, which is not a good thing.

Drone versions of IRL planes would be an infrared(IR)/thermal camera.

-------------------------------------------

Sounds like flying physics will be improved. Now I can perform maneuvers that was not possible in previous Ace Combats.

Thank you that was very much needed. Flying in different types of weather should be fun. I am excited for this game. 

All aboard the Hype Plane!!!

OmegaEGG

OmegaEGG

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk
Also it's funny that they mention how well the PV's been received. Is that Famitsu being polite or has it had a positive reaction overall? The general public seems to have just seen it as kinda weird, from as far as I can tell. It doesn't help that it really really does not look like gameplay, even at 60fps, which is not a good thing.

To be fair, they did just start development rather recently. I doubt any solid gameplay has been created at the point when they revealed its existence to the public.

Zhoenix360

Zhoenix360

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Plane:F-16E Block 60 Falcon

Yeah, if you want to stall half way up the elevator shaft.

There is no room to maneuver to fly back down

Stalling is the main issue you will never make it to space

Drone versions of IRL planes would be an infrared(IR)/thermal camera.

-------------------------------------------

Sounds like flying physics will be improved. Now I can perform maneuvers that was not possible in previous Ace Combats.

Thank you that was very much needed. Flying in different types of weather should be fun. I am excited for this game. 

All aboard the Hype Plane!!!I

If the elevator is perfectly pressurized to standard sea level conditions, one might expect the aircraft to achieve vertical flight through the entirety of the shaft. However, with a thrust-to-weight ratio of around 1.1, such a flight seems exceptionally drawn-out if we're expected to approach the reaches of low orbit.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

If the elevator is perfectly pressurized to standard sea level conditions, one might expect the aircraft to achieve vertical flight through the entirety of the shaft. However, with a thrust-to-weight ratio of around 1.1, such a flight seems exceptionally drawn-out if we're expected to approach the reaches of low orbit.

Not to mention you will be on full afterburners in vertical flight the entire time consuming loads of fuel.

Plus whats the purpose of you flying in there? You will never make it out. There is no room to maneuver, and if you do destroy some core at the top, the elevator will lose pressure immediately causing the plane to stall and maybe crash into falling debris. And if that doesn't kill the pilot, then not wearing a special suit at that altitude will.

Either way there is no way that it will happen in this game, unless the exit point is a huge gap at the side of the structure located 30,000 ft, or below. 

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Oh, actually I messed up that last part. He's currently writing it - he hasn't already written it.

Not that that's much less weird.

Also, it's slightly ambiguous whether Kono is talking about working together with Katabuchi on the scenario, or Katabuchi working with Kousuke Itomi. Either way, it seems odd that he would be talking about hammering out story details when they're already working on mission design. Just what is the state of the story, anyway?

Edit: I fixed a few other things too, but just for flow and clarity. It was late when I did this ^^;

I thought it was something to the effect of "We have an outline done and we're now revising it as we create missions".

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
Regarding flying into the space elevator...guys this is ace combat; anything can happen. It's not like the behemoths in AC would ever be capable of flight..

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Regarding flying into the space elevator...guys this is ace combat; anything can happen. It's not like the behemoths in AC would ever be capable of flight..

Such behemoths were of a style Germany thought about back then, and the designs could theoretically fly. Still, the altitude cap will be a pain.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost

Seal Clubbing Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Squad:Best Squad
  • Plane:R-103 Delphinus III

so i hear Keiki Kobayashi is going to doing the music again. That's really all i needed to hear tbh.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

so i hear Keiki Kobayashi is going to doing the music again. That's really all i needed to hear tbh.

sorryimlate.gif

The Gunney

The Gunney

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Squad:Looking for a squad who is well cordinated
  • Plane:MV-22B Osprey

A-10 perhaps, doesn't honestly matter much if it's the A or C, not much functional difference for Ace Combat, beyond I guess justifying giving it GPBs (which reminds me, have to wonder if they're going to be expanding beyond the usual SpW list we've had since 5).

F-15, don't be hasty. Nothing said about what variant, and the Eagle has enough that it actually matters. Just the E like in 6? C, E, and MTD like the PS2 trilogy? MTD and SE like in Cross Rumble? Series debut for the F-15 2040C? Hard to say right now.

Considering the U.S.A.F is looking at an lifespan extension program for the F-15 it may not be as far fetched as you think.

http://www.airforce-...et-service-life

Edited by The Gunney, 20 January 2016 - 12:23 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users