Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

AC7 aircraft wish list

336 replies to this topic

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

If Namco wants Spitfires and Mustangs, why don't they tell Project Aces to make an Ace Combat with only WWII planes?

bm1cX2G.jpg

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Actually, mostly I'd like they put finally planes with their REAL role and using REAL-counterparts weaponry. This is a fun-self-made list of special weapons the planes should have, tried to put 4 special weapons each plane at their best as some carried just 3-4 types of missiles considering also those AIM-9 and R-60 used as standard missiles, so in truth just 2-3 special weapons, while others could carry something like 6 different A2A missiles + 4-5 different A2G missiles + various type of bombs and (believe it or not) a lot of them could carry even a weak version of ECM other than anti-infrared flares.

Open the image to zoom it.

About F-117, in real life it couldn't carry anything other than GBU Paveway, so it is a Bomber here. Although it could carry Nuclear Bombs, so for the Nighthawk I would do something like:

- No Sp.W. selected: have 2 GPB per time;

- Sp.W. selected: have 1 GPB per time (really important reload time here, if there will be an upgrade system like in ACI), but can drop a MPBM time by time.

Notice also that I put ground Sp.W. also on Fighters, like in old AC games, because they actually can use them in real life. I would just put an internal nerf like reduced damage and also reduced radius to balance.

Real_planes_with_AC_weapons.jpg

Edited by Flaren89, 29 February 2016 - 04:33 AM.

ThunderForceAC

ThunderForceAC

Rookie

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

1p93yv3.jpg

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F
WW2 planes as DLCs? Okay. Free DLC? YES PLEASE. And Hat, Sky Crawlers is actually set in a totally different world from Ace Combat. Also, their planes are fictional (though some of them were based on real planes).

How about Ace Combat set on the war between Osea and Belka in the 1940s? ANYBODY WITH ME ON THIS?

Gryphus7

Gryphus7

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

My wish list -

US Fighters -

F 14D Tomcat (Optional)

F 15E Strike Eagle

F 16C Fighting Falcon

F/A 18 Advanced Super Hornet

F 22A Raptor

F 35 Lightning II

Russian Fighters -

Su 27 (Upgradeable to Su 35S)

Su 30 (Upgradeable to all 2 seat Flankers succeeding it)

MiG 29 Fulcrum (Upgradeable to MiG 35)

MiG 31 Foxhound (Optional)

PAK-FA (T-50)

The Flankers are highly similar to each other so I felt they could get most of the variants like this -

In AC:JA, each plane could be upgraded. So for eg., a Su 27 could be upgraded to an Su 35 with a better engine, new avionics, better radar, ram coating, extra hardpoints, etc...

That way, people who want more planes get more planes, people who want more rewars can get more upgreade parts.

Other Fighters -

Typhoon

Tejas (optional)

Rafale M (optional)

Mirage 2000 5 (optional)

Bombers -

F 117A

B 2 Spirit

Fictional -

ADFX01 Morgan

ADF 01 Falken

X-02 Wyvern

XFA33 Fenrir

CFA-44 Nosferatu

XFA 27 Apalis (Optional)

Fregeta (Optional)

YR-99 Forneus (Optional)

Technology Demonstrators / Experimental (all are optional)

Su 47 Berkut / S-32

F 15 MTD

F 16 XL

Attackers (All are optional)

A 6

A 10

FB 22

So counting only the non optional, we get 20 planes. Adding in the Russian upgradable, we get 25+ aircraft.

But we know this upgrade system probably wont be there for AC7...

I wish it was.

Edited by Gryphus7, 19 March 2016 - 08:40 AM.

Ofnir Leader

Ofnir Leader

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Space Shuttle Colombia

DerKrieger

DerKrieger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force, Rot CO
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Ok, let me put down my list of playable aircraft and features if I was in charge of directing Ace Combat 7.

The thing that Ace Combat 6 (and to an extent Infinity and Assault Horizon) and Vector Thrust did well was the inclusion of features such as ECM/AWACS radar coverage and point defense on warships. I'd like to see a return/implementation of features such as that. You should be able to request aid from nearby friendlies, deal with/be aided by ECM and long range radar support, and attacking warships should be an extremely difficult feat without backup or heavy use of anti-ship missiles.

As for the playable aircraft list, I'm basing it on three criteria:

1) Keep it simple. I'd like an Infinity level aircraft selection but I'm assuming we'll see a selection closer to Ace Combat 4 this time around. Therefore, this list takes it into account.

2) Does it fit the 2020s timeframe? Sorry, but I'll be having 3rd generation aircraft sit this one out due to this point and the last.

3) Does this aircraft have a specific role in game (see 1) and did it enter production in real life? Sorry Vector Thrust fans, but old favorites such as the Flanker and F-22 take priority over prototypes and designs that never left the drawing board.

Another idea I had was an unlock system similar to that from Heroes of the Pacific: The player would unlock Osean/ISAF (US/Japanese and Western European) aircraft as he progresses through the game, and could unlock Erusean (Russian and possibly some European) aircraft by completing secondary objectives.

F-16C Fighting Falcon: A worthy starter jet for a game set in the 2020s. The Oseans would still be using these and it would make a balanced starter jet.

Mirage 2000-5: A good choice for a early-game fighter alternative to the F-16.

MiG-29SMT Fulcrum: The enemy equivalent to the F-16C and comparable in stats and role. There could be an NPC MiG-29K.

A-10C Thunderbolt II: Staple early-game attacker and close air support aircraft.

Su-25TM Frogfoot: Enemy equivalent to the A-10.

Gripen C: Early game multirole jet.

Tornado GR.4: Early-mid game attacker.

MiG-31B Foxhound: Mid-game interceptor fighter. Possible ECM capabilities.

F-15C Eagle: Mid game air superiority fighter.

Su-27SM Flanker-B: Eastern Bloc equivalent of the F-15C. Makes more sense than the Su-33 for a playable jet but the Su-33 would be a great NPC enemy carrier jet.

F-117A Nighthawk(?): Possible mid-late game attacker, common in AC but might be completely superseded by later aircraft. So this one's a maybe.

F/A-18F Super Hornet: Mid-late game multirole, versatile workhorse with possible ECM capabilities.

Rafale-M: Alternative to the F/A-18F.

EF-2000 Typhoon: Later game fighter.

F-2A Viper Zero(?): It'll be in the game most likely, good thing it fits well as a late game attacker.

F-15E Strike Eagle: Later game multirole.

Su-30SM Flanker-C: A bit different than the Su-30M2 we saw in the trailer but I think the more advanced Su-30SM would be a much better choice for a later-game multirole. Plus, it has thrust vectoring and canards just like the Su-37. If more fighters are needed instead of multiroles then the Su-35 might fit in better.

F-35 Lighting II variant: Could be any of the three though I'd be leaning towards a carrier based version. Late game multirole Osean answer to the Su-30SM.

F-22A Raptor: End game fighter and "hero aircraft." Possible ECM capabilities.

Su-50 Firefox: Enemy alternative of the F-22A.

X-02 Wyvern: 'Cause the bad guys are Erusean and its time it had a comeback.

FALKEN(?): In case you need another superfighter, this time in an Osean flavor.

Classic jets (F-4, MiG-21, F-14, Harrier) and prototypes (Su-37, Su-47, F-15S/MTD, etc) would be good ideas for DLC.

Mr. Crenshaw

Mr. Crenshaw

Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I'm hoping they learned their lesson from the response to the pitiful amount of planes in AC6 and have a roster more along the lines of ACZ or Assault Horizon. Even if they have to reduce the photorealism level to reach that goal, because the vast majority of players really don't care about that as long as things look acceptable:

KAI FA-50 Golden Eagle

F-20A Tigershark

MiG-21-93 Fishbed

F-4E Terminator 2020

Su-22M4 Fitter

F-16C Fighting Falcon

Mirage 2000-5 Mark 2

MiG-29A Fulcrum

AV-8B Harrier II+

A-10C Thunderbolt II

Su-25TM Frogfoot

F-14D Super Tomcat

Gripen C

Tornado GR.4

Su-24M Fencer-D

MiG-31B Foxhound

F-15C Eagle

Su-27SM2 Flanker-B

Tornado F.3

F-117A Nighthawk

F/A-18F Super Hornet

Su-33 Flanker-D

X-29A

Rafale M

EF-2000 Typhoon

F-2A Viper Zero

MiG-35D Super Fulcrum

F-15E Strike Eagle

Su-34 Fullback

EA-18G Growler

F-35A Lightning II

Su-30SM Flanker-C

YF-23A Black Widow II

Su-37 Terminator

F-15S/MTD

Su-47 Berkut

F-22A Raptor

Su-50 PAK-FA

X-02 Wyvern

ADF-01 Falken

Edited by Mr. Crenshaw, 03 May 2016 - 12:35 AM.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • 4,813 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I'm hoping they learned their lesson from the response to the pitiful amount of planes in AC6 and have a roster more along the lines of ACZ or Assault Horizon. Even if they have to reduce the photorealism level to reach that goal, because the vast majority of players really don't care about that as long as things look acceptable:

I'm hoping they learned their lesson from the response to the pitiful amount of planes in AC6 and have a roster more along the lines of AC04 (21 planes, with only 4 being variants). Even if they have to reduce the photorealism level to reach that goal, because the vast majority of players really don't care about that as long as things look acceptable.

Okay, it wasn't just deja vu.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

害酷人

• Global Moderators
  • 7,166 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

What I'm trying to figure out is why. It seems like something a bot might do, but it's not trying to sell us anything either. And it has a real PSN of a real Ace Combat fan afaik.

Mr. Crenshaw, what are your intentions?

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,833 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Should note, Crenshaw is the name of the protagonist from HAWX.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern
It's also the name of a ghetto.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I want ALL THE PLANES

Not Logan

Not Logan

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Plane:Su-47 Firkin

Honestly, I just really want to see the X-02 again. It would make sense, Erusea is in the game after all.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

all i want is EA-18G with next gen jammer, that's all

ea-18gwithngj.jpg

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

new super plane confirmed at E3, with a new cloaking device as a spec wep.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

new super plane confirmed at E3, with a new cloaking device as a spec wep.

nice try comrade,we'll not fall for it  :D

Edited by FoxHoundElite, 13 June 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users