Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Are you feeling AC7's reveal?

109 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you feeling AC7's Reveal? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you feeling AC7's Reveal?

1. Hell yeah! (34 votes [41.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.98%

2. Yeah, mostly (14 votes [17.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

3. Kinda sorta (15 votes [18.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

4. Not really (14 votes [17.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.28%

5. It's fucking garbage (4 votes [4.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Orkion

Orkion

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts

On the subject of game engines, EVE Valkyrie runs on UE4 and it's been getting nothing but praise. It's space flight and it's generally running on PC but it should at least be a good indication that UE4 can be a good engine for flight sims.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,843 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

I'd want something that mixes up free-form missions with more scripted stuff; I think having a balance between the two, like ACZ, would be the best approach.

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Im really feeling it

hqdefault.jpg

I couldn't resist. =)

AlphaJuliet

AlphaJuliet

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Squad:Whore
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I'm feeling it like a bad rash on the underside of my wang

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler
You feel it too dont you....

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Arch

Arch

Noob

• Members
  • 1 posts

I'm pretty excited mainly because it's a new Ace Combat game after 5-ish years of none (excluding AC:Infinity). I'm also planning to get a PS4 anyways for a lot of games in the future - so I really can't say I'm bothered by the exclusive title.

As long as there's no DFM and a decent selections of planes and a story that you can get engaged in, I'm good to go.

Caldari Ghost

Caldari Ghost

Seal Clubbing Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Squad:Best Squad
  • Plane:R-103 Delphinus III

what kind of nonsensical question is this?

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Strangereal, good gameplay, a great story, awesome music and i'll buy it anyway, like most people here.  

VitalEvergreen1

VitalEvergreen1

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

Strangereal, good gameplay, a great story, awesome music and i'll buy it anyway, like most people here.  

Hey! Only one of those items are confirmed. The game is not even out and you are making those comments?

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Hey! Only one of those items are confirmed. The game is not even out and you are making those comments?

the shills mane

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

I'm just saying if those items are in it i'll buy it, if not P.A and NAMDAI are just a bunch of morons. 

Doormat200

Doormat200

Noob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Squad:Twintail Squadron
  • Plane:F/A-18E Super Hornet

I really can't wait, there's not much else to say.

That song at the start was a remix of Razgriz as well. 

What could that imply...

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

I really can't wait, there's not much else to say.

That song at the start was a remix of Razgriz as well. 

What could that imply...

yeah yeah im sure we will have some kind of easter egg for it :)

NapalmSanctuary

NapalmSanctuary

Rookie

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Plane:Rafale M

There are few games that I get excited for anymore, this one finally justifies my decision to buy a PS4 first.

AnkaDewo

AnkaDewo

Rookie

• Members
  • 30 posts
Namco, you better reveal the release date and not cancel it! Also don't make the gameplay as ugly as Assault Horizon!

ajaxle

ajaxle

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Squad:F/A
  • Plane:F-20A Tigershark

One good thing is by the time AC 7 is released the PS 4 will be down to $200.00 new.

FloydianJebus

FloydianJebus

Noob

• Members
  • 7 posts

I'm excited about the game, seriously, but the trailer was a bit of a let down. The awful voice acting kinda made it eh for me, along with the Michael Bay lookin' "I'm jumping off a tower and there's a big explosion" aspect of it. That being said, I never judge things based on their trailer. I'm pumped for the game. The reveal, not feeling so much. But if anything, that slight letdown is just fueling my anticipation.

GenWan

GenWan

Rookie

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Plane:Eurofighter Typhoon II

I voted "kinda sorta".

Currently this is announced as a PS4 exclusive. I have no plans to buy a $300+ console for a single game, and then pay more to play it online. Bring it to PC and I'll be buying it. I missed AC6 because I didn't have a console and did purchase Assault Horizon on PC simply to show my support for the series. I really dispised both Assault Horizon and Infinity for the two directions those entries took. I am glad to see that 7 is shaping up to be more along the lines of 4/5/Z. But if it does not come to PC I will sadly be missing out on this one to.

All that being said I do hope a tad bit of realism is inserted into the series tactfully. The same generic missile and single special weapon choice needs to be redone. Make the loadouts more detailled (even if we have unrealistic numbers), which in turn specializes the aircraft more. An A-10 can carry more bombs than an F-18 but can only carry a small number of short range missiles for self defense. On the other hand, the F-18 brings long range air to air missiles to the fight. Now the aircraft suddenly feel much more differentiated rather than cut/pastey. And loading out your aircraft will become a thoughtful process at the start of each mission. These are the kinds of changes I'd like to see in the series.

Sequential mission based campaign, strong story, cut scenes and a fictional world just like the PS2 era games. But the gameplay needs to advance a bit. And it has to advance with unique flight game oriented concepts, not ripping shooter mechanics and shoehorning them in like Assault Horizon or making the game grind with generic fantasy RPG upgrades like Infinity. Bring in these changes and bring it to PC and I'll be extremely happy.

Although keeping the PS2 era formula intact with a good story will still get a sale and lots of excitement from me. Just bring it to PC!

I think youre missing the part why people resort to console in the first place since there is pc, youre not resorting to safer shelter from the console gaming hell, because pc gaming is probably a bigger hell..high spec PC are too expensive compared to consoles, take ps4 as an example, a 8-gb-ram unit for about $300 or less..compare that to a 8-gb-ram pc for a good $2.5k /3k..gaming is pay pay pay..once and for all or in doses..you can play Arma 3 or any other high a** spec pc multiplayer game out there or coming soon for free , but you need an expensive  pc.and by the way they are more pay-to-win than  not so it's not entirely free , or play AC7 with psn membership for a monthly fee..it's always the same crap.

Edited by GenWan, 10 May 2016 - 01:40 PM.

Aquavolt

Aquavolt

BUUUHHH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,332 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

I think youre missing the part why people resort to console in the first place since there is pc, youre not resorting to safer shelter from the console gaming hell, because pc gaming is probably a bigger hell..high spec PC are too expensive compared to consoles, take ps4 as an example, a 8-gb-ram unit for about $300 or less..compare that to a 8-gb-ram pc for a good $2.5k /3k..gaming is pay pay pay..once and for all or in doses..you can play Arma 3 or any other high a** spec pc multiplayer game out there or coming soon for free , but you need an expensive  pc.and by the way they are more pay-to-win than  not so it's not entirely free , or play AC7 with psn membership for a monthly fee..it's always the same crap.

please stop you sound unbelievably retarded

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users