Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7

1638 replies to this topic

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,163 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Anyone care to guess what the reason for the Osea/Erusea War will be?

Whether Ace Combat 5 is overrated or not.

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,904 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Now there's a war I'll gladly start.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

but its just going to be as long as the anglo-zanzibar war

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Maybe, but the favorite among us "the less clever side of the Ace Combat fans" (the majority I'd say)

Me too.

Edited by Grimace, 26 April 2017 - 10:38 PM.

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,163 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

Start? I didn't say anything about starting it. The war has been going since 2004 and shows no signs of abating =P

Maybe, but the favorite among us "the less clever side of the Ace Combat fans" (the majority I'd say)

Hehe. Personally I think there are plenty of valid reasons to like AC5 - it's not a matter of being clever or not. ACS has a reputation for being "AAAAAAAA FUCK AC5 AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT" but I think that has more to do with the fact that us people who have issues with the game are very talkative about it.

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
There's no war here, unless you brought it with you.

Lmao. 5 it's not the best we all know that (3 is) it's just like i have said plenty of times before NAMCO threw everything they had on it, not well executed sure, but they went for it and that effort was appreciated by a lot of people.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Hehe. Personally I think there are plenty of valid reasons to like AC5 - it's not a matter of being clever or not. ACS has a reputation for being "AAAAAAAA FUCK AC5 AND EVERYONE WHO LIKES IT" but I think that has more to do with the fact that us people who have issues with the game are very talkative about it.

I'd say that this community has reached the point where apparent classics are getting bashed for being quite garbage, just like Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time are getting criticized for being mediocre entries with undeserved hype or how the Beatles are considered pleb tier.

Outlaw2431

Outlaw2431

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

So.... Had there been any recent news/updates about Ace Combat 7 at all?

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

the game is dead, abandon all hope. Play a series that is actually good instead.

Warlord6

Warlord6

Noob

• Members
  • 8 posts

We will hear some more stuff about it at E3 17.

Edited by Warlord6, 28 April 2017 - 05:37 PM.

Cydramech

Cydramech

Rookie

• Members
  • 28 posts

At least aside from Assault Horizon, I don't remember any previous AC title getting much prerelease news. Though I could be wrong, since my memory is not the best by any means (I don't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday).

Edited by Cydramech, 28 April 2017 - 11:48 AM.

daHawk

daHawk

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Plane:F-15S/MTD

news dump

Ace Combat 7 Hands-On and Interview – Campaign To Last Between Four and Five Hours

Q: Back to more of the gameplay and story, do you have a rough length or mission count for the primary campaign to Ace Combat 7?

A: As we’re developing Ace Combat 7 on the next generation console for the first time, we’re really trying to balance the allocation of resources versus playtime because we’re developing it from the ground up. We really took it into consideration how many hours the fan or consumer might be expecting to find on a brand new console, brand new launch. Right now, we’ve landed volume-wise somewhere in between four and five (hours), which I think is a great volume.
I think there’s going to be a lot of playability and replayability between, of course, the campaign mode, the multiplayer elements that will be added on, as well as the VR experience.

[...]

In regards to immersion, one of the greatest ways to get into the Ace Combat series is through the use of a flight stick. I still own mine one from The Unsung War. Will players be able to have a similar experience with Ace Combat 7 in the future?

I am considering the adaptation of some kind of joystick or flight stick quite seriously, partially because once you are immersed in the VR environment, having a stick, whether it’s a joystick or throttle, it helps you lock your bearings onto something. You have the VR goggles on, you’re looking ahead, even when you turn your head, you’ll know where the front is whereas when you’re holding a PS4 controller obviously, you can move the controller with your body which breaks up that connection of immersion.
As far as recreating a similar experience to (Ace Combat 5:) The Unsung War, we have the same screenplay and scriptwriter working on this one as well, so we are definitely trying to tap into that feeling people had when playing the PS2 versions.

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown Will Have About 30 Playable Aircraft; More Info Shared

[...]

Kono-san disclosed that the game will include about 30 playable aircraft, with all the assets developed from scratch, given that the game had to be created for a new generation of consoles.

[...]

Kono-san also mentions that while the story is self-contained, so everyone can enjoy it, those who played the previous games of the series will find Easter eggs that will help them enjoy the game “on a whole different level.”

Edited by daHawk, A week ago.

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

4-5 hours could possibly indicate a number of missions more similar to ACZ or AC 6 more or less accounting for strategy adjustments and stuff like that. Hopefully PA compensates by making those 4-5 hours addictive.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

4-5 hours is right in the middle of "average" for a standard playthrough in the AC series, like AC04 or AC6. Longer than ACZ, shorter than AC5. What really matters is that the missions are designed to be replayable, but I'm keeping my hopes low.

Edited by PositronCannon, A week ago.

Warlord6

Warlord6

Noob

• Members
  • 8 posts

Since we're getting thirty planes, I hope we get thirty missions too just to have some balance like we had in AC4. Eighteen planes, eighteen missions.

Edited by Warlord6, A week ago.

Razgriz67

Razgriz67

Apparently I'm weird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,567 posts

Since we're getting thirty planes, I hope we get thirty missions too just to have some balance like we had in AC4. Eighteen planes, eighteen missions.

Unlikely, if i had to take a wild guess well have closer to 15 missions that would make it 16-20 min per mission (note im using 4 and 5 hours as a hard confirmed number)

Compared to the 8-10 min per mission. so not completely out of the question but just unlikely

Grimace

Grimace

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
4 to 5 hours campaign? I just don't know. It depends rushing for the S rank not ok, on the other hand based on points i mean clearing the mission area from all enemies without considering time might be enough.

30 planes? That's really good in fact that's a lot, considering that we will be able to improve our favourites like in AC Infinity (and i really hope this will be doable on the campaign and not by playing online)

Edited by Grimace, A week ago.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

30 planes huh...? That's is actually okay after having the fear of getting an AC6 like roster again. 

And perhaps we'll get actual additional planes as DLC and not just skins (well, they provided new planes per DLC in AH already, so there's hope).

Anyway, got muh Tomcat, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Personally I'm hoping they go the Zero route and have plenty of 'alternate' missions for a mission tree that unlock different planes, so they can get away with 4-5 hours of pure gameplay per campaign and still have 1 plane unlocked per mission.

Though maybe bringing back Zero's karma meter is wishful thinking.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users