Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7

1615 replies to this topic

Nemo KB

Nemo KB

Now available on laserdisc

• Global Moderators
  • 7,135 posts
  • Squad:⑨AD, FA, Funky
  • Plane:EA-6B Prowler

- One of the themes of this game seems to be the conflict between machines and humans. How do you show these machines on screen? How do we know, apart from visually, that we're up against a machine and not another human pilot?

MK: Not long ago, we discussed this aspect with Hirota. Since a machine doesn't have the human body's biological limitations, they can perform extreme maneuvers. So you'll see their aircraft doing impossible moves, and you'll know they're machines.

KI: The aircraft flown by humans are easily identifiable by their behavior, the way they turn, etc. The unmanned ones are erratic from a human perspective, since they can perform maneuvers that are impossible for humans. They make aerial engagements into a different experience from previous games.

Uh oh.

Ace Combat 7: The Return of Pasterhax

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

I guess this is why every plane is allowed to have EML/TLS now.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

Yeah, I can only hope they don't pull the same shit again with the UAVs if they're gonna be a common thing. Different AI patterns are fine, but they need to be actually fun to play against, which AC6/ACI's UAVs most definitely aren't. If they end up pretty much requiring you to use certain weapons to kill them reliably then that's the complete opposite of what they're saying.

Like with 99% of the stuff I actually care about, it's just not something we'll know until we get to actually play it.

Edited by PositronCannon, 05 February 2017 - 12:36 PM.

AceOfAces

AceOfAces

Flankerholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Squad:The Michael Rosen Rappers
  • Plane:Su-37 Flanker-F

Uh oh.

Ace Combat 7: The Return of Pasterhax

And NOVogels.

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor
Finally done with saving up the money for the game. Now just to wait for it to actually come. Any prediction? My bet is on March-July this year

Edited by BlazerAaron99, 12 February 2017 - 07:53 PM.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

Nevuuuuuur. Earliest I can see is September and even that is unlikely...

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Depends... If they act like Poliphony's Gran Turismo series (just need to check GT6 and GT Sport), the game will be released in middle 2019, at best...

AceWombat

AceWombat

Wah?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts
  • Plane:F-4E Phantom II

If there are no 'delays', end of this year or early next would be a safe bet.

We'll probably have a better idea when the marketing starts picking up. Or when they tell us.

Silent Death

Silent Death

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

Gotta say, as a new (and very poor) inductee into the PC Master Race, I could not be happier about the multi-plat launch!  Huzzah to saving over $400 on a now-unnecessary console and possibly PSN!

Plus I have roughly 10 months to save for a new gaming laptop to play this sucker.   :wub:

Edited by Silent Death, 13 February 2017 - 06:23 PM.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
>gaming

>laptop

BRUH. Unless you're travelling a lot I'd strongly recommend to buy a desktop PC. I have bought a laptop which can theoretically Run GTA V at high (not max) settings at 60FPS. I mainly use it for work and university stuff, but it's good to have something to game on when doing trips.

However, if you're mostly at home it's pretty useless. Battery lasts for 3 hours max while gaming, upgradable? Nope, not really. Small screen (well, you can hook it to a screen with HDMI) and replacing broken parts can be troublesome.

Just my 2 cents. Or 5.

Muscle Man

Muscle Man

The flame is gone, the fire remains

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

gaming laptop

shiggy

Silent Death

Silent Death

Noob

• Members
  • 6 posts

>gaming

>laptop

BRUH. Unless you're travelling a lot I'd strongly recommend to buy a desktop PC. I have bought a laptop which can theoretically Run GTA V at high (not max) settings at 60FPS. I mainly use it for work and university stuff, but it's good to have something to game on when doing trips.

However, if you're mostly at home it's pretty useless. Battery lasts for 3 hours max while gaming, upgradable? Nope, not really. Small screen (well, you can hook it to a screen with HDMI) and replacing broken parts can be troublesome.

Just my 2 cents. Or 5.

Believe me, I do know that a desktop is far more preferable for gaming than a laptop (though power-wise, these latest generation of laptops, particularly the latest batch from MSI, with the Pascal cards, are pretty much on par with their desktop counterparts; CPU isn't overclockable, but I think 3.7GHz will more than suffice for my needs), but portability is in fact important to me.  The primary use of the laptop would be for photography and videography, and in my line of work, that can mean quite a bit of travel.  The capacity for gaming is simply a bonus, and since I plan to keep that laptop for at least five years for work and pleasure, I can hold off on buying the desktop equivalent for a few years.

Hey, since we're on about PCs and AC7, has there been any talk about joystick support?  I'm sure such support would be an obvious feature for the game, buuuuut...

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Believe me, I do know that a desktop is far more preferable for gaming than a laptop (though power-wise, these latest generation of laptops, particularly the latest batch from MSI, with the Pascal cards, are pretty much on par with their desktop counterparts; CPU isn't overclockable, but I think 3.7GHz will more than suffice for my needs), but portability is in fact important to me.  The primary use of the laptop would be for photography and videography, and in my line of work, that can mean quite a bit of travel.  The capacity for gaming is simply a bonus, and since I plan to keep that laptop for at least five years for work and pleasure, I can hold off on buying the desktop equivalent for a few years.

Hey, since we're on about PCs and AC7, has there been any talk about joystick support?  I'm sure such support would be an obvious feature for the game, buuuuut...

Yep okay, that's pretty much the same reason why I have my "gaming" laptop. Bought one for work and university and I thought: Hey, why not shell out a few extra bucks so I can also use it to play? 

But I do know some guys who preferred buying a laptop over desktop PC for gaming, without any reason at all... That's just... Oh well, their decision.

As for joystick support, I'd imagine that some of the established ones should be compatible, no? I mean it's quite easy to make the game able to custom map the buttons at least. You'll never know with Bamco though

Hue

Hue

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

But I do know some guys who preferred buying a laptop over desktop PC for gaming, without any reason at all...

it hides the lewd fast and easy

Flaren89

Flaren89

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Got a PS4 with "Console day" promotion at Gamestop. With Horizon Zero Dawn (so beautiful game, by the way), so I'm ready for whenever this AC7 will come out... Thought probably the best experience would be with VR, and I don't think to buy it soon.

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Got a PS4 with "Console day" promotion at Gamestop. With Horizon Zero Dawn (so beautiful game, by the way), so I'm ready for whenever this AC7 will come out... Thought probably the best experience would be with VR, and I don't think to buy it soon.

I'm tempted to get Horizon Zero Dawn, but I'm already getting Persona 5 so I guess I'll wait for its price to drop on eBay a bit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users