Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7

1615 replies to this topic

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I already have a PS4 and I'll buy it for that anyway since my potato cooker of a laptop can't run DCS let alone this.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

very likely to be not ded

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,779 posts
  • Squad:Funky Arrows Unit
  • Plane:EF2000 Typhoon

I already have a PS4 and I'll buy it for that anyway since my potato cooker of a laptop can't run DCS let alone this.

Pretty much.

Still, it's great news, and quite surprising. Exclusives can suck it, etc.

Falken Hunter

Falken Hunter

Pilot of the Hi-Nu Gundam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Plane:CFA-44 Nosferatu

Exclusives can suck it, etc.

Still won't stop the butthurt, nice to see they actually seem to care about keeping AC alive though

Broth3r

Broth3r

ゴゴゴゴゴ

• Members
  • 6,889 posts
  • Squad:DAS FUNK
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

Still won't stop the butthurt, nice to see they actually seem to care about keeping AC alive though

I've already seen people complaining they got PS4s for AC7.

It doesn't even have a proper release date yet.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

I've already seen people complaining they got PS4s for AC7.

It doesn't even have a proper release date yet.

"lol ima go ahead and get console x right now even though i only want it for game y which isn't even out yet and then complain about it"

It's like the AC6 situation in reverse, and people still haven't learned from that either.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,820 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

At least no one is getting fucked here;  I can't see this ending up like AC6 now. I think it sells 2 million copies at a bare minimum.

Sushiludo

Sushiludo

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Looks really interesting, now I have to make a choice between a PS4, Xbox one or a new PC -_- (more interested in a PS4 though)

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I'll get PS4 first and then a year later or so when prices have droppedn i'll get for PC for AC7 on the go.

Warlord6

Warlord6

Noob

• Members
  • 5 posts

ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN COMING TO XBOX ONE AND PC

5 hours ago

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (January 26, 2017) – Leading interactive entertainment media publisher and developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is excited to announce that ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown will be coming to Xbox One and PC via STEAM®. Already announced for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown puts gamers in the cockpits of advanced war planes and delivers fierce air combat experiences through photorealistic visuals, intense dog-fighting action, and a multitude of authentic and futuristic aircraft to fly, all encompassed in an immersive storyline.

Developed by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.’s in-house Project Aces team based in Tokyo, Japan and utilizing Unreal Engine™ 4 and trueSKY™ technology, ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown applies the latest evolution of its graphics engine in conjunction with the power of the latest generation of gaming consoles and PCs to create immersive aerial battlefields. Fully rendered clouds fill the skies while highly detailed cityscapes enhance the sense of supersonic speed, setting the stage for highly exhilarating aerial battles. ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown will provide an arsenal of ultra-modern and near-future super weapons for players to wield, while presenting formidable enemies for pilots to vanquish in the air. Aces who have proven their aerial combat prowess in ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown’s campaign mode can take their dogfighting skills online for furious online multiplayer battles. ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown also marks the return of Sunao Katabuchi as the lead writer behind the fictional storyline that players will experience in the game. Previously, Sunao Katabuchi wrote the storylines for both Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies and Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.

“We’re excited to announce our plans to bring the battle for air superiority in ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown to Xbox One and STEAM,” said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. “With over 20 years of franchise history; ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown continues to deliver authentic yet accessible flight combat action to gamers around the world. This latest version of the game delivers amazing visuals and intense gameplay, all wrapped in a unique and compelling storyline. We look forward to seeing players suit up, strap in, and take their place as ace pilots.”

ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown is currently rated “RP” for Rating Pending by the ESRB. The game will be coming to the Americas for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and PC via STEAM. PlayStation 4 system players will be able to play portions of ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown and experience exclusive features developed specifically for the Sony PlayStation®VR. To find out more about ACE COMBAT 7: Skies Unknown, head over to http://www.acecombat.com. To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.’s other products go to: http://www.bandainamcoent.com or follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS or join the conversation at https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS

This is great news for Xbone and PC users, but PS4 still has the lead in terms of having an active VR system.

Tomcatlover

Tomcatlover

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Plane:F-14E Tomcat 21

Now I have to decide whther to get it for Ps4 (more friends) or PC/better performance

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Pretty much.

Still, it's great news, and quite surprising. Exclusives can suck it, etc.

It's very simple from a business standpoint. More consoles = more sales. And Steam has a severe lack of decent aerial combat sims with a plot, and since Ace Combat has a lot of nostalgia (har har) behind its name, I expect it to sell especially well on PC.

At least Scamco realizes that markets exist outside Japan and PC is huge in those markets, unlike some Japanese companies.

fighterman

fighterman

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat

What language is the trailer song's vocal part? Native American language?

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division

This is what2 things  I think they might do for the PC version. This all speculation tho

• They'll probably release the Steam version a little later after, say, all the DLC is released (Idolmaster, original aircraft/Superplanes etc) just like what they did with AH. They probably showed the Steam logo at the end of the Trailer just to show that it will and eventually be on Steam. They didn't say when tho...
  • version includes Most of the DLC like AH and maybe VR Support (very unlikely tho)

Well anyway, even if my laptop with only Nvidia 920M and 4GB RAM cant run it, I'll just get it and play it when I buy a better one. Hopefully its below $70 or else my current 11 day starvation for it will be for nothing :D

Angelfire

Angelfire

Straight outta Belka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

What language is the trailer song's vocal part? Native American language?

There are literally hundreds of Native American languages and 26 language families in North America alone.

IDK lol, maybe it's a conlang.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

It's very simple from a business standpoint. More consoles = more sales.

It is, but Bamco stopped making sound business decisions regarding this series at some point before 2007, so it's surprising. Then again, I guess ACI already changed that, all things considered (all dat whale money tho).

Edited by PositronCannon, 26 January 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

This is what2 things  I think they might do for the PC version. This all speculation tho

• They'll probably release the Steam version a little later

what reason could they possibly have to do this

Parawxysm

Parawxysm

That was something else entirely...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Squad:SARF
  • Plane:R-311 Remora

Oh baby, a PC release. Might even be enough to tempt me back to this place from time to time.

BlazerAaron99

BlazerAaron99

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Squad:765th Air Division

what reason could they possibly have to do this

Well I dont know. It s what they did with AH. So Im assuming they're gonna do something very similar or different. Beats me

Edited by BlazerAaron99, 27 January 2017 - 05:50 AM.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

Well I dont know. It s what they did with AH. So Im assuming they're gonna do something very similar or different. Beats me

They didn't plan on doing a PC port for AH at first. They pretty obviously do plan on a PC port for AC7. There's no reason to delay it.

PositronCannon

PositronCannon

• Members
  • 4,779 posts

To be fair, they might delay it if development time is too tight and they can't get the PC version ready in time for release, and decide not to delay every version. But at this time there isn't really a reason to assume that's the case.

Edited by PositronCannon, 27 January 2017 - 08:37 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users