Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ace Combat 7

1669 replies to this topic

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
  • Plane:F-15E Strike Eagle

Anyways, anyone want to get a side poll going? My bet is this will be set in Strangereal, I mean, why else would you call it 7 instead of continuing the Ace Combat: (subtitle) trend started by Joint Assault and Assault Horizon?

Eh. Good point; could be like a more practical EVE: Valkyrie. Even then, I feel like VR would be optional; this shit might run so fast motion sickness would set in before long.

I'm pretty sure it'd be optional, but I think it'd be designed with VR in mind, so like I think they'd pay a lot of attention to sound design for cockpit view, so there's a real sensation of being in an actual cockpit.

Brain Golem

Brain Golem

Poison of Snake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Plane:F-117A Nighthawk

You know, all things considered though, I wouldn't say ACAH was a mistake.

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure they nearly killed the series on purpose.

Panda

Panda

Katzenbär!

• Root Admin
  • 9,510 posts
  • Plane:E-767

Anyways, anyone want to get a side poll going? My bet is this will be set in Strangereal, I mean, why else would you call it 7 instead of continuing the Ace Combat: (subtitle) trend started by Joint Assault and Assault Horizon?

I'll open up the forum once AC7 is announced never.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,838 posts

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure they nearly killed the series on purpose.

Well obviously there are aspects about it that killed it as a mass consumer product, but I think it's sort of noble failure. As much as there were cool moments in AC6, I felt like creatively they were sort of spinning wheels abit. That's also why I'm actually not 100 percent sure AC7 will be Strangereal. Is there anything more they wish to do with it? If I were to be a dumb fanboy, I'd guess either Yuktobania as the protagonist or something set in Usea in the 2020s. A lot of people have suggested the Estovakian Civil War and while that does seem cool I think they'd wanna do something unrelated to the last numbered Ace Combat. Of course, there's always Maeda's Ace Combat Saga idea where a Mercenary Forest Gump's their way through the Belkan, Continental, and Circum-Pacific Wars, but I kinda doubt they'd do something that self indulgent.

I'll open up the forum once AC7 is announced never.

Look, this is the year that FFVII Remake, Shenmue III, and The Last Gaurdian all became real. AC7 is small fry compared to that.

Anyways, what I reeeeeeally want is to get a PSX watch party going; tenatively called "The Ace Combat 7 Watch Party of Inevitable Disappointment". Think we could get an IRC chat setup for that? It's at 1pm EST this Saturday.

fighterman

fighterman

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat

It might be a bit too early to worry about this, but

Keki Kobayashi, the composer who wrote "Zero" "The Unsung War" and many other epic ace combat music, went freelance last year, so he's no longer working under Bamco.

I hope He will write music for Ace Combat 7, I refuse to accept anything but Keki Kobayashi, when it comes to Ace Combat

Edited by fighterman, 03 December 2015 - 01:02 AM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,838 posts

I dunno, I really liked Rio Hamamoto's tracks in ACAH. What time last year did Kobayashi go freelance? He did the epic remix of Blue Skies for Mission 8 and I think that was released... Early this year actually. Or like November or December last year.

Looked it up, since going freelance he's worked on the new Smash Bros... which is actually developed by Namco, so....

fighterman

fighterman

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Plane:F-14B Bombcat

I dunno, I really liked Rio Hamamoto's tracks in ACAH. What time last year did Kobayashi go freelance? He did the epic remix of Blue Skies for Mission 8 and I think that was released... Early this year actually. Or like November or December last year.
Looked it up, since going freelance he's worked on the new Smash Bros... which is actually developed by Namco, so....

That's a good news to know

OmegaEGG

OmegaEGG

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

It might be a bit too early to worry about this, but

Keki Kobayashi, the composer who wrote "Zero" "The Unsung War" and many other epic ace combat music, went freelance last year, so he's no longer working under Bamco.

I hope He will write music for Ace Combat 7, I refuse to accept anything but Keki Kobayashi, when it comes to Ace Combat

Kobayashi leaving Bamco doesn't necessarily mean that he's not going to compose the music for Ace Combat anymore. He could still come back anytime; after all, he's a freelancer now.

Say whaaa...?

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,838 posts

You didn't know? Namco are the ones who developed Supeer Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Also, Project Aces made Star Fox Assault for the Nintendo Gamecube, though that was 11 years ago.

OmegaEGG

OmegaEGG

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

You didn't know? Namco are the ones who developed Supeer Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. Also, Project Aces made Star Fox Assault for the Nintendo Gamecube, though that was 11 years ago.

giphy.gif

Hornet

Hornet

The Ace of Aces

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts
  • Squad:Belkan Air Force/ Funky Squadron
  • Plane:F-14D Super Tomcat

It'll be an ACI expansion lol.

Nah it'll be a season pass deal.

Jim

Jim

Technicolour Dreamboat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Squad:Available for 2 shillings and an orange peel
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen

rise rusegriz 

I hope He will write music for Ace Combat 7, I refuse to accept anything but Keki Kobayashi, when it comes to Ace Combat.

Y'know, that's extremely unfair to all the other good composers (Nakanishi et al) who have been working with the series since the PSone days.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

Before long, everyone had taken notice of this rumor. More and more would show up to wait for what will happen in this Saturday. ACS,ACI FB group or Acepedia, it didn't matter. People wanted to burn this rumor into their memories. Hell, they weren't the only ones..... ;)

Hat

Hat

nyoom~

• Members
  • 4,684 posts
  • Squad:8.5AD
  • Plane:CH-47D Chinook

uWI8TsY.png

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
An Assault Horizon-based Solioquiy

I saw this ruse in my dreams. Many times.

Orcagirl

Orcagirl

☆★ FighterjetKin ★☆

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts
  • Plane:F-22A Raptor

I have a feeling it'll link in to ACI. When Valk and discussed the future of Ace combat with Kono, he seemed keen on the idea of mixing Strangereal and Realstrange( aci universe). 

So either AC7 is in Strangereal or is a continuation of Infinity~

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,838 posts

I have a feeling it'll link in to ACI. When Valk and discussed the future of Ace combat with Kono, he seemed keen on the idea of mixing Strangereal and Realstrange( aci universe). 

So either AC7 is in Strangereal or is a continuation of Infinity~

When exactly was that? Might have been several years ago.

I don't think it being Real World would be the end of the world; but god I hope it's nothing like ACI. ACI's 'worldbuilding' is a half-assed fanservice circlejerk. I really hope Kono doesn't see ACI as a roadmap to combining AC aesthetics with a real world setting, because it simply doesn't work on its own.

The real benefit of fictional settings for Air Combat games, and frankly all Speculative Fiction war games, is that it gives you a broader canvas to paint epic conflicts with. IRL you're pretty much limited to US vs Russia, or creating some nonsensical conflict like ACJA or ACI. 

Edited by Scherzo, 03 December 2015 - 12:30 PM.

Digolgrin

Digolgrin

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I personally doubt that we'll see an 'Infinity 2' here. Sure, Infinity's campaign ended on a cliffhanger, but the story's still ongoing, what with all the Eternal Liberation missions AND the Excalibur mission we just got. Maybe the ACI campaign was just a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer components.

'Sides, it's a numbered game. I'm going to fall into that 'typical fan' trap and say it means we're going back to Strangereal for this one.

FoxHoundElite

FoxHoundElite

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Plane:EA-18G Growler

When exactly was that? Might have been several years ago.

I don't think it being Real World would be the end of the world; but god I hope it's nothing like ACI. ACI's 'worldbuilding' is a half-assed fanservice circlejerk. I really hope Kono doesn't see ACI as a roadmap to combining AC aesthetics with a real world setting, because it simply doesn't work on its own.

The real benefit of fictional settings for Air Combat games, and frankly all Speculative Fiction war games, is that it gives you a broader canvas to paint epic conflicts with. IRL you're pretty much limited to US vs Russia, or creating some nonsensical conflict like ACJA or ACI. 

True story bro,how can terrorists in suck a messed up world like ACI have access to 4 kinds of Aerial Fortress,4 types of giant  railgun , 4 versions of bigass  sateline and 4 laser poles?Oh please for the sake of nostalgia

And like someone said,Infinity's campaign is just a glorified training mode,and why need to wait  a year and half after it's release to continue it's cliffhanger story????(oh to suck our wallet i think)

Edited by FoxHoundElite, 03 December 2015 - 12:31 PM.

Scherzo

Scherzo

Revy-Chan!

• Members
  • 4,838 posts

I personally doubt that we'll see an 'Infinity 2' here. Sure, Infinity's campaign ended on a cliffhanger, but the story's still ongoing, what with all the Eternal Liberation missions AND the Excalibur mission we just got. Maybe the ACI campaign was just a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer components.

That's kinda exactly what it is.

Though it's a bit worrying, part of me thinks Namdai corporate at some point decided that fictional settings just weren't viable for AC. Otherwise why would ACI, which is utterly impenetrable in all it's fanservice to a normal fan, be set in the real world? (OTOH, it's an excuse to throw together AC fanservice without having to have any regard for context, so maybe that's the case)

The dumb fan in me wants it to be SR too, but it's mostly because I think a fictional setting is the only way for them to tell an interesting story.

Edited by Scherzo, 03 December 2015 - 12:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users