Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

If you could take ONE plane to L20...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts
  • Plane:X-02 Wyvern

Some news. Price Tag for LV16 SU34AX is 7.926.880 credits. Might be interesting for you guys, since that should be the Price for almost all 725 Base CST cost specials.

Shadow21

Shadow21

Rookie

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Plane:Su-32 Fullback

I would choose the vanilla SU-34 because it has helped me get better at flying, I've had/used it for more than a year, and it later became my favorite plane.

It is currently at level 9 but I stopped to upgrade the SU-34-CN- which is at level 9. It would have been the AX but I never got it -_-

Kazama Shin

Kazama Shin

Infamous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Well, I prefer the AX, due to better SPW Damage, since I still use the Special weapons more.

Crit-RE

Crit-RE

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Squad:None
  • Plane:Su-25 Frogfoot
SU-25. I love the turd and want it to not suck SO BADLY. Plus hipster shitplane cred.

Arekasune

Arekasune

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Plane:X-49 Night Raven
Price no object? X-49. Price an object? Draken. It already keeps up at level 15 (at my MR), and the Espada skin makes it the sexiest shit-tier hands down.

Oh and btw, *casts resurrection spell* IT'S ALIVE!

Edited by Arekasune, 09 January 2016 - 06:02 PM.

Kwicko

Kwicko

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I took the T-50 Akula to Level 20. Why? OHKO without any parts on standards. It'll actually do it to T-50 SP and F-22 SP planes on normal maps at Lv19, but once I decided to do that, 20 just seemed right. Also, 33 MPBM with Circuit Awareness L. Sounds like too many until you find yourself having to do MD3 practically single-handedly because the host won't open the room up and everybody is 1800mr or less. I ended up with 1 MPBM left, but we got the S with 7 seconds to go.

I am currently taking the X-02 Tiger to Lv20. The Wyvern is my most-used plane in the game, by a lot (by more than 3x any other plane I have), and the TG is equal on stats by Lv12, and if it's like the Knight version on cost (which it's tracking to be quite similar, within a few hundred thousand per level), it should save me about 95 million credits over the tree version to go to 20. 

Here's a quick little cost compiler I threw together just to compare the TG, KN & tree versions, alongside what I put into the T-50 for a further comparison.

https://docs.google....Il2Y/edit#gid=0

Nobody seems to have data for the TG beyond Lv15 yet, but I'm working on it. I've got mine to Lv14 tonight, with research started on Lv15 and more than 12m credits in the bank. 

Wish me luck, and watch this space for updates. :)

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Hey Kwicko this thread is for taking one plane to 20. Two is just showing off ;)

Knight Valfodr

Knight Valfodr

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

I took the T-50 Akula to Level 20. Why? OHKO without any parts on standards. It'll actually do it to T-50 SP and F-22 SP planes on normal maps at Lv19, but once I decided to do that, 20 just seemed right. Also, 33 MPBM with Circuit Awareness L. Sounds like too many until you find yourself having to do MD3 practically single-handedly because the host won't open the room up and everybody is 1800mr or less. I ended up with 1 MPBM left, but we got the S with 7 seconds to go.

I am currently taking the X-02 Tiger to Lv20. The Wyvern is my most-used plane in the game, by a lot (by more than 3x any other plane I have), and the TG is equal on stats by Lv12, and if it's like the Knight version on cost (which it's tracking to be quite similar, within a few hundred thousand per level), it should save me about 95 million credits over the tree version to go to 20. 

Here's a quick little cost compiler I threw together just to compare the TG, KN & tree versions, alongside what I put into the T-50 for a further comparison.

Nobody seems to have data for the TG beyond Lv15 yet, but I'm working on it. I've got mine to Lv14 tonight, with research started on Lv15 and more than 12m credits in the bank. 

Hello Kwicko, and welcome to ACS, land of the wallet warriors / Valhalla of the fittest one of the larger English-speaking Ace Combat message boards besides gameFAQs and reddit. You'll probably find a few members (including myself) interchanging between other communities.

Kwicko

Kwicko

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Hey Kwicko this thread is for taking one plane to 20. Two is just showing off ;)

LOL. As much as I love the Rafale M-VA, it might just end up being three!  :D

sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Plane:ASF-X Shinden II

Did you notice any difference moving from 19 to 20? I've been sitting at 19 for my X-29 for a long time now but can't justify the upgrade since it won't break any new damage thresholds. 

Kwicko

Kwicko

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Did you notice any difference moving from 19 to 20? I've been sitting at 19 for my X-29 for a long time now but can't justify the upgrade since it won't break any new damage thresholds. 

If I'm being completely honest, Sneak, I'd have to say no. I didn't find Lv20 to be noticeably better than Lv19. I did it just because it was so close, but it was really more of a waste of 16m credits than it was anything else; it was a vanity project, pure and simple.

One of the funnest things to do with the Akula at that level, and thanks to me flying it so often it now has 40/41/42 slots, is to put ALL the weapons slots to the standard missiles - firepower, reload, reload, homing - and just make them monsters. Set datalink to reload, and when you're in datalink it will fire standards as fast as you can press the button.  Raids are a cakewalk, because you target everything, air and ground, and it hits with so many missiles so fast, and with such force, that you just shred stuff. UAVs a 2-and-done, targeting towers in EX are even easier, RLS is a 4-shot salvo. Heck, I even took it to Avalon and used it as a ground-attack plane, and it didn't suck. :)

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

If I'm being completely honest, Sneak, I'd have to say no. I didn't find Lv20 to be noticeably better than Lv19. I did it just because it was so close, but it was really more of a waste of 16m credits than it was anything else; it was a vanity project, pure and simple.

One of the funnest things to do with the Akula at that level, and thanks to me flying it so often it now has 40/41/42 slots, is to put ALL the weapons slots to the standard missiles - firepower, reload, reload, homing - and just make them monsters. Set datalink to reload, and when you're in datalink it will fire standards as fast as you can press the button.  Raids are a cakewalk, because you target everything, air and ground, and it hits with so many missiles so fast, and with such force, that you just shred stuff. UAVs a 2-and-done, targeting towers in EX are even easier, RLS is a 4-shot salvo. Heck, I even took it to Avalon and used it as a ground-attack plane, and it didn't suck. :)

Welcome Kwickie! *Shush* i am still a random on here.  :ph34r:

ekirbo

ekirbo

BOOST POWER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Plane:A-10A Thunderbolt

You get a cool callsign if it's the standard. That's the difference.

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

You get a cool callsign if it's the standard. That's the difference.

Extra slot too, don't you forget that.

Kwicko

Kwicko

Seasoned Chicken Nugget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

True, true - callsign and slot, but no callsign on SP plane...

Welcome Kwickie! *Shush* i am still a random on here.  :ph34r:

Thank ya very much!

I actually created an account some time ago (July 2015), but haven't really been active here before. Some folks on chat were asking about the X-02 TG - costs, comparisons to tree and Knight versions, stuff like that - so I figured I'd make sure it was posted here as well as over on gfaqs. I'm updating Acepedia as I go, too. 

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

A-10A Oruma. 

My three end game goals are to beef up the Standard Hog to Level 20, Obtain Oruma and bring Oruma to Level 20. Seeing as how I recently got Oruma and I'm about to bring my standard Hog to Level 19, I'll go for Oruma

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified

A-10A Oruma.
My three end game goals are to beef up the Standard Hog to Level 20, Obtain Oruma and bring Oruma to Level 20. Seeing as how I recently got Oruma and I'm about to bring my standard Hog to Level 19, I'll go for Oruma

U seem familiar...

Welcome aboard!

Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

U seem familiar...

YT

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Callsign-YukiMizuki

Rookie

• Members
  • 17 posts

U seem familiar...

Welcome aboard!

So do you, Facebook group perhaps? 

Thankie ^_^ 

twisterkid2

twisterkid2

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Plane:ADF-01F Falken

Any plane to level 20 huh, I'd have to go with the Fenrir, started Ace Combat with AC:X and simply enjoyed Fenrir from it's first appearance, currently in the process of taking it to 10 anyway, but I wish I felt like going to 20, a close runner up for level 20 though would be the Pixy Morgan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users