Welcome to Ace Combat Skies
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

If you could take ONE plane to L20...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Plane:F-5E Tiger II
...which would it be, and why? Price no object!

I'd have to go with my F-5E -Heartbreak One- because it's just so much fun to fly. It's solid against both air and ground targets, and with RKTL as the primary special weapon I can use all my weapon slots for standard missiles. Currently I run homing plans M, destructive plans M & awareness L. Not to mention I love the way it looks and the way it feels.

What about you?

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Chimera 1 (The Hellion)

Gravaged

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Plane:Su-35 Flanker-E

Su-35 with the Scylla paint scheme, cuz it looks sexxxeh af and I love the 6AAM

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Plane:F-14A Tomcat

Tomcat hands down (F14a)

Don't really use the 6AAMs outside of raids and really enjoy flying it.

For being Lv15 (ready for 16) at the moment, it does rather well to be a "multirole" at this point - WH L & Homing L. Still experimenting with SAAMs but HVAAs are my main SP.W.

Its already fast enough without speed parts and nimble to move (it doesn't turn as fast as my Su33 but it holds its own really well)

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Still experimenting with SAAMs but HVAAs are my main SP.W.

SAAM's are really good if you set them up right. At L5 just throw the highest propulsion you can on them and you're set. SAAM's work great for me on my F-20 so with the F-14A being a significantly higher base cost they'll be even better.

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

SAAM's are really good if you set them up right. At L5 just throw the highest propulsion you can on them and you're set. SAAM's work great for me on my F-20 so with the F-14A being a significantly higher base cost they'll be even better.

They are at Lv3 but will definitely keep working on them, tried them a few times and it will be something to get used to (since nobody told me Prop was a necessity until not too long ago ._.)

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

They are at Lv3 but will definitely keep working on them, tried them a few times and it will be something to get used to (since nobody told me Prop was a necessity until not too long ago ._.)

The targeting reticle gets larger with each level, so by L5 you don't need the wave booster part unless you just feel like it and have the slots to spare. So yeah, propulsion is necessary but by the time they hit L4/5 you should be good to go with just that.

ChrisZero7

ChrisZero7

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

The targeting reticle gets larger with each level, so by L5 you don't need the wave booster part unless you just feel like it and have the slots to spare. So yeah, propulsion is necessary but by the time they hit L4/5 you should be good to go with just that.

Ahhhh okay, really appreciate that advice o/

Well as of now I am not too far from getting another slot for the F14 - 26 slots at the moment

However, I was told to put Missile Enhancement SP.W L for the SAAMs but I only have S...

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Ahhhh okay, really appreciate that advice o/

Well as of now I am not too far from getting another slot for the F14 - 26 slots at the moment

However, I was told to put Missile Enhancement SP.W L for the SAAMs but I only have S...

26 slots isn't bad at all. SAAM's really only need propulsion...but if you have all the other arms parts you want and have space for other stuff, knock yourself out. My free account doesn't have a ton of parts unlocked so I just do the best I can with it, I imagine you're in a fairly similar place.

If I were you, I'd make sure I had all the standard missile parts I wanted, and then use whatever space I have left to buff special weapons. If you have propulsion, use the best you can fit for SAAM's. If you're using HVAA, try and fit a warhead part on so you can ohk MiG-29's.

RockinVs

RockinVs

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Plane:F/A-18F Super Hornet
I guess if I had to choose one I have and enjoy I guess I would take the avalanche to 20. At lv9 it is already a beast for me. It had the slots and power to pretty much just buff standards while running lasms. Perfect multirole able to take on the air and pick off the juicy ground targets from a distance.

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

I guess if I had to choose one I have and enjoy I guess I would take the avalanche to 20. At lv9 it is already a beast for me. It had the slots and power to pretty much just buff standards while running lasms. Perfect multirole able to take on the air and pick off the juicy ground targets from a distance.

Yeah if I'd known the Avalanche would already be L5 when we got it I'd have made sure to get it on my alt. It's a really solid plane. That's why I like my F-5E -HB-...it's better at A2A honestly but it can go A2G when necessary. Once it gets beyond L15 it'll be fine at A2G. It doesn't have any long-range specials but at mid-range it's devastating with RKTL.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • Plane:Not Specified
Really hard to pick one, but right now I think I'd go with Mirage -EX-. It's far from the best in my hangar but I like the look & there's only 500 of them so relatively scarce. Rarer than many top 200 planes in terms of how much it gets used.

Doubt that I ever would take it to 20 due to cost but it's on the short list to go to 15. Currently at 11 while I wait with fingers crossed for 11-12 only level cap increase request. Maybe the new month will bring it to the catalogue or via challenges...

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Really hard to pick one, but right now I think I'd go with Mirage -EX-. It's far from the best in my hangar but I like the look & there's only 500 of them so relatively scarce. Rarer than many top 200 planes in terms of how much it gets used.

Doubt that I ever would take it to 20 due to cost but it's on the short list to go to 15. Currently at 11 while I wait with fingers crossed for 11-12 only level cap increase request. Maybe the new month will bring it to the catalogue or via challenges...

When I saw you responded I guessed you'd say your -EX-. I've never seen anyone fly one (the Mirage -EX- specifically) but you. I have more level cap forms than I know what to do with. I have 1 L10 > 11 form, 9 two-star forms, 9 three-star forms, and 7 generic forms.

Five of the seven will be reserved to get my -HB- to L20. Beyond that I don't have anything to spend them on. Only two-star plane I like is the -DR-...L11 research is done so I have enough forms to take it to L20. Only three-star plane I like is the Shin F-5...also, L11 research is done so I have enough forms for L20. But with the tree F-5 at L15 and the -HB- about to hit L15 I won't need to level it up. Hopefully there's another three-star plane to come out that I like...

LokaCola

LokaCola

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Plane:JAS-39C Gripen
Without any doubt, the Gripen, since it's my favourite plane in the game (may or may not have to do with my nationality) as well as the fact that I'd say it's the one I've flown with the most.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
Yeah it was a toss up between the two -EX- but the Mirage would be more versatile than the X-29.

I've seen two other levelled Mirages, one flown by someone with "zao" in his name, the other by ylosnousemus (don't think he frequents ACS anymore tho).

Finally got around to putting some research into my -HB- btw, prompted by the challenge of course. Will take it to 7 for now then back to my various 10->15 projects.

RockinVs

RockinVs

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
I've always wondered where the x29-ex was from. Was it a prize?

Cause I would take that to 20 if I had it. Such a cool design.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

I've always wondered where the x29-ex was from. Was it a prize?

Cause I would take that to 20 if I had it. Such a cool design.

Yeah it was top 1,000 in the X-planes tournament, restricted to prototype planes.

That design featured prominently in F-29 Retaliator which was my first foray into flight sims back in the day :)

RockinVs

RockinVs

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Yeah that might have been the few months that I was away.

xcrunr1647

xcrunr1647

B-1B & F-5E Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Finally got around to putting some research into my -HB- btw, prompted by the challenge of course. Will take it to 7 for now then back to my various 10->15 projects.

What do you think of it? God, I love that plane.

Woollan

Woollan

Top Gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

What do you think of it? God, I love that plane.

Kinda hard to say at this point being at level 5 still, & I only used it at Pipeline against other players using low level stuff for challenges too. It handled better than I expected for a level 5 plane, so it was really just the damage that was lacking really.

Even when I get it to 7 I might just keep the HCAAs equipped as I have Gripen & Draken for rocket-launching multiroles already.

RockinVs

RockinVs

Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
The reason I haven't upgraded my -hb- beyond lv4 was the low ammo count. Must not be much of a problem for you. You must just buff standards. The hb should have at least 70 hcaas at lv15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users